Final

Bull's-eye
10-05-2007, 11:27 PM
Final
Columbus 20
Sealy 17 OT

zebrablue2
10-05-2007, 11:58 PM
either sealy has improved, or the district is weaker than I thought.
after columbus beat needville last week, I thought they would win
by two touchdowns tonight. congrats to the cardinals. they are 2-
0 in district.

SealyLB73
10-06-2007, 01:53 AM
I believe that ends a thirteen or fourteen year(correct me if I'm wrong) winning streak, that the Tigers have had over the cardinals. Wow. Well, I hope Sealy can try pick up the pieces of a heart breaker and make it to the playoffs.

IHStangFan
10-06-2007, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
either sealy has improved, or the district is weaker than I thought.
after columbus beat needville last week, I thought they would win
by two touchdowns tonight. congrats to the cardinals. they are 2-
0 in district. Columbus is much improved....but remember the Needville/Columbus game went into double OT w/ Columbus winning on a 45yd FG that hit the crossbar and rolled over. Columbus played lights out that whole game..they looked great. Sealy has a new coach, which...was the coach that had all of the success down in Sinton a handful of years back...they will continue to improve.

scotty
10-06-2007, 06:14 AM
Columbus is big and physical. They have a big offensive line and will four-yard you to death. Their little running back is only about five-six but was told benches over 300 pounds and he's very quick and fast. Smash mouth football is what you will get against Columbus.
This is the first loss to Columbus for Sealy since 1993, and yes Sealy is getting better. They play a lot of sophomores and even a couple of freshmen log playing time. Sealy is not a great football team but man will they scrap you, very quick on both offense and defense with a good kicking game.