PDA

View Full Version : Navasota 54, Coldspring-Oakhurst 30

navscanmaster
10-05-2007, 11:09 PM
It was 31-8 at the end of the first half. Dexter Pratt got hurt in the third quarter after only eight carries and sat out. Jacoby Stokes was 11-21 for 160 yards and TD, no INT. Navasota as a team rushed 28 times for 240 yards. Coldspring had a big third quarter, including a 75 yard run to the one yard line for #20, who's name I can't recall. He finished as the game's top rusher with 28 carries for 158 yards and a couple of scores. Navasota's defense looked very inspired out there, and I can't remember a time when our fans have been as loud and supportive as they were tonight. Navasota will start district at 4-1, and Coldspring at 2-3. But the important records are 0-0 for both teams now.

navscanmaster
10-06-2007, 03:26 AM
BTW, Coldspring only suited out 27 players if my counting was correct. They have some speedy running backs with good shifty moves, and #20 also had great leaping ability and jumped straight over a few Rattler defenders going low on him. Without the 75 yard run to the Navasota 1 yard line, he had 27 carries for 81 yards. Hard to believe because he had several good runs, but the Trojan tackles had trouble with the Rattler ends penetrating the backfield on almost every down. I would say that Coldspring is one of the most dangerous running teams out there if they get outside the tackles without contact. I hope they have enough gas left after a rough non-district trip to go in and hold true to their predictions of district champs.

Bull's-eye
10-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Congratulations Rattlers!! I was way off on my prediction. What's the status on Pratt? I hope he's ok and that both Bellville and Navasota will be at full strength for next week's district showdown. This game may decide a playoff berth.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Congratulations Rattlers!! I was way off on my prediction. What's the status on Pratt? I hope he's ok and that both Bellville and Navasota will be at full strength for next week's district showdown. This game may decide a playoff berth.

Bellville has their starting linebacker still out and last night they were without #51 G. Huebner. heard some others were sick?
Looks to be a big game.

Brahma84
10-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Padgett goes to the dr. on Monday. Could be released?? Huebner will be ready for the game by Friday. There were a few other guys that were a little less than 100%, but were able to rest a bit against St. Thomas and should all be ready to go by next Friday.

UPanIN
10-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Navasota's D is suspect. We'll find out Friday night if they can hold.

burnet44
10-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Navasota wins this week