PDA

View Full Version : Columbia 33 - Stafford 0

necks_c/09
10-05-2007, 11:07 PM
I didnt go to this game but it is a final

Lane told me we were running all over them and had it our way like BK on the ground...

dont know much else....

Carter give us details and i cant wait to hear the stats on this game

Columbia (2-3) (2-0) now on the season

necks_c/09
10-05-2007, 11:08 PM
Lane says we coulda scored 2 or 3 more tds....

DEXTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took a pic to tha house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice

necks_c/09
10-05-2007, 11:12 PM
We're better than they think we are boys, time to play blacksheep.....

And our D is raw, nice game guys

cropduster
10-06-2007, 01:09 AM
Do you always talk to yourself?

Stownhorse
10-06-2007, 01:11 AM
i dont even know where columbia is

necks_c/09
10-06-2007, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by cropduster
Do you always talk to yourself? no, i just posted more stuff as it came to me, and there was nobody else posting... so thats why

necks_c/09
10-06-2007, 10:17 AM
ttt

carter08
10-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Stafford sucks.

necks_c/09
10-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Stafford sucks. tell us more

carter08
10-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
tell us more

defense played great
offense did good. probably could have scored a few more points, but a win is a win.

necks_c/09
10-07-2007, 08:16 AM
Here's an article from "The Facts"

Link-http://thefacts.com/story.lasso?ewcd=47e00ae79b44dd7f

Columbia sets tone early in shutout

By Joel Luna
The Facts

Published October 6, 2007

STAFFORD — With an opportunity to go 2-0 in District 24-3A play, the Columbia Roughnecks didn’t waste any time with Stafford Friday night.

An 11-point outburst in the first eight minutes of the game set the tone for the entire contest as Columbia improved to 2-3 overall with a 33-0 blanking of Stafford.

“We were trying to set a tone from the outset, and they gave us what we needed,” Columbia coach Leland Surovik said. “We tried to take anything they gave us and they lined up to us right.”

An onside kick to start the game by Columbia set that tone. Though the ’Necks didn’t recover, the maneuver sent the Spartans a message that they needed to be on their toes.

Instead they were on their heels for most of the first half.

Columbia’s first opportunity came on an Anthony Watson fumble in the Spartans’ first series as the ’Necks took over at the 47.

On second down, Taylor Johnican took a handoff from Gray Raley and split the defense, going 46 yards for the first score. After the two-point conversion by Johnican, the ’Necks had a quick 8-0 lead with 8:42 in the first period.

Columbia came right back to take advantage of a Spartan 12-yard punt on the second series. Carlos Paniagua connected on a 15-yard field goal to add three more points to the lead.

On Stafford’s third possession, punter Luis Iniguez could not handle a punt that sailed 10 yards over his head.

The Roughnecks took over at the 31 of the Spartans.

From there, Columbia ran off six plays as Raley snuck in from the 1-yard line. After Paniagua’s extra point, the ’Necks led 18-0.

By intermission Columbia had increased the score to 26-0 after a 56-yard interception return by Dexter Lewis.

The Roughneck defense held Stafford to seven yards on the ground and two first downs.

“We lined up a little differently and we stunned them by lining that way,” Surovik said. “They were not ready for those adjustments at first and it confused them, but then they caught on.”

But by that point, Columbia had sent its own statement.

The Roughnecks now will prepare to host Wharton on Friday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------