PDA

View Full Version : Cuero--- Bay City Updates

gobbler grad
10-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Game under way ...Bay City on offense first...:clap:

some reason they are just playing commercials...hope reception is restored...:thinking:

IHStangFan
10-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Game under way ...Bay City on offense first...:clap: they are having technical difficulties w/ their webcast it sounds like. To start w/ the feed was HORRIBLE...now it isn't working at all....I'm getting commercials from the station...but when they try to go to the game....which they keep trying to do...its a no-go. Someone needs to call the station and tell em to back the gain down just a hair...they sound like Charley Brown's teacher. CRAP!! COME ON!!

IHStangFan
10-05-2007, 07:37 PM
does the feed normally have this much static?

gobbler grad
10-05-2007, 07:40 PM
no, not like this...:( sounds like Cuero got the ball back , but dropped 2 passes that should have been caught...BC got the ball back and are driving down field

lost reception...not good:(

IHStangFan
10-05-2007, 07:43 PM
yay!! it sounds to be fixed!! cept it keeps cuttin out...that could be my connection...I need to get closer to my router, LOL. I'm way across the house.

gobbler grad
10-05-2007, 07:45 PM
same here...:thinking:

BC 4th & 2

BC calls 2 consecutive TO's

gobbler grad
10-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Touchdown BC

7-0

44INAROW
10-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Come on Gobblers..... :) Feed sounds alot better.. ..well crapola - just as I typed that, it went out again.. I know they are trying - they'll get it fine tuned soon :)

gobbler grad
10-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Cuero 3 and out...

BC takes over their own 30 yd line

44INAROW
10-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Sounds like the Gobbler defense found their groove on that last series......... OK Offense - Let's GATA :)

gobbler grad
10-05-2007, 07:55 PM
BC goes 3 and out ...punts to the Cuero 24...

1st down Cuero

44INAROW
10-05-2007, 07:57 PM
well-- CRAPOLA x2 fumble......... BC's ball........

nice stop Defense - BC punts.......

Gobblers take over on their own 20 - now it's time to open it out Gobblers.....

gobbler grad
10-05-2007, 08:00 PM
turnovers are gonna kill them...hold on to the ball...:doh:

44INAROW
10-05-2007, 08:01 PM
turnovers are gonna kill them...hold on to the ball...:doh:

AMEN GG -

1st down Gobblers @ the 34 yd line

We need to score on this drive.. Lets GO MEAN GREEN

end of the 1st

BC 7
Gobblers 0

I am going to step away for a while - maybe I am giving off bad vibes lol...........

gobbler grad
10-05-2007, 08:02 PM
BC 7-0 end of 1st qtr.

SpursFan
10-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Gobbler Fight Song on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgzSGqTNoR4

IHStangFan
10-05-2007, 08:07 PM
4th and 9 on the 23 and Cuero goes for it? BC stops them for a loss. Why not kick the FG??

gobbler grad
10-05-2007, 08:07 PM
4th and 9...Cuero turns it over on downs...calling some weird plays that are not working...:(

gobbler grad
10-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Bay City 15

Cuero 0

connection is lost

gonna go watch some baseball...:hairpunk:

44INAROW
10-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Just got back to the computer - Cuero kicked off so I assume we scored...

Personal Foul but connection cut out so I don't know against who? big discussion....... in the middle of the field........ Coach Reeve getting involved now.. I hate not knowing what'd going on
Dead Ball Personal Foul against BC they are punting with 11 sec left

Gobbler Fan
10-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Quincey to Kaeron on the TD pass

44INAROW
10-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Thanks Gobbler Fan - glad we scored before the half.. hopefully we'll come out in the 2nd half "fired up" Seems Bay City is the real deal as we've heard this week...

IHStangFan
goodness....this is the worst web feed ever...keeps goin dead. I keep hearing what sounds like a touchtone phone key being hit...then it goes dead...what the crap?

gobbler grad
BC 15

Cuero 7

@ the half...

44INAROW
10-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
goodness....this is the worst web feed ever...keeps goin dead. I keep hearing what sounds like a touchtone phone key being hit...then it goes dead...what the crap?
They are doing the best the can with the equip they have - you gotta remember - they are doing remote in a freaking press box

IHStangFan
10-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
They are doing the best the can with the equip they have - you gotta remember - they are doing remote in a freaking press box oh yeah, I know....just seems to go dead everytime there is something happening!! LOL. and dangit...quit dialing that phone!!! :p

44INAROW
10-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
oh yeah, I know....just seems to go dead everytime there is something happening!! LOL. and dangit...quit dialing that phone!!! :p
I am wondering if maybe they are using a cell phone to transmit(I have no idea how they do that, but I do know they did that in some town one year - when they (school officials) wouldn't let the radio guys use their phone line) maybe the beeps are calls going to Joe or Grandpa's voice mail :D :D :D

WOS87
10-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Bay City is MUCH improved from last year as WO-S found out the hard way 3 weeks ago... Good luck to the Gobblers! I feel confident they can pull out the win in the 2nd half :crazy:

44INAROW
10-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Bay City is MUCH improved from last year as WO-S found out the hard way 3 weeks ago... Good luck to the Gobblers! I feel confident they can pull out the win in the 2nd half :crazy:

thanks WOS87 -
IHS - funny isn't it - the halftime is crystal clear :D

IHStangFan
10-05-2007, 08:43 PM
thanks WOS87 -
IHS - funny isn't it - the halftime is crystal clear :D LOL..I know. Yeah...very well could be a cell I guess. Beeps going to voicemail..LOL....who knows that could be it!

gobbler grad
10-05-2007, 08:50 PM
through the 1 st half...

Cuero rushes for 46 yds. to BC 84 yds...

Cuero passes 5/10 for 109 yds. and BC was 12/18 for 86 yds...

44INAROW
10-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Mr44 just called - the dead-ball personal foul was (what he thinks) a procedure call against BC then the play went out of bounds and a player from the BC bench threw a shoulder at a Cuero player - :eek:

I am going to step away from the computer for a while -
it worked last time - maybe it will work again ;)

GG - keep updating :)

GO MEAN GREEN :) :clap: :clap:

IHStangFan
10-05-2007, 09:10 PM
sounds like if BC didn't have the speed they have...Cuero woulda just had a pretty long one for a TD.

gobbler grad
10-05-2007, 09:20 PM
BC 22-7 with 5:56 in the 3rd qtr.

BC is defense is very, very fast...just big and quick...:thinking:

29-3aFAN
10-05-2007, 09:22 PM
What sight is the feed?

gobbler grad
10-05-2007, 09:36 PM
BC 22-7 going into the 4th qtr.:(

gobbler grad
10-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Touchdown...Cuero
K.J. 's 2nd score if the night...

22-14---BC

Gobbler Fan
10-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Way to go Gobblers ... Lets go defense get the ball back :clap:

gobbler grad
10-05-2007, 09:51 PM
BC 29-14... gonna need more than a miracle to win this one...:thinking:

gobbler grad
10-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Cuero scores...BC 29-21 with about 4 min. left

44INAROW
10-05-2007, 10:03 PM
good thing about these kinds of games - shows areas that need work before district begins.. I never thought I'd say this- but next week against the Sharks might be a tight one too - they are improving each week........

TD Cuero - do we have enough time? could be a good one.. glad to see the boys haven't given up, no matter how it ends up!

gobbler grad
10-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Gobblers recover ball on kickoff...

1st down Cuero

IHStangFan
10-05-2007, 10:04 PM
WOW!! what started out as a pretty boring , one sided sounding game has gotten good in the last few mins!

44INAROW
10-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Wow - Gobblers ball - lets GO MEAN GREEN...............

I am proud of them regardless how this one ends up!!

dang it - the feed wend dead again........ either that or Joe had a stroke lol.............

29-3aFAN
10-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Dem announcers get excited and lose connection everytime.

IHStangFan
10-05-2007, 10:06 PM
LOL...yeah, everytime the game gets good...the feed goes dead. Joe and Grandpa get to jumpin around and pull something loose? LOL.

gobbler grad
of course...something good happens and Grandpa jerks the phone out of Joe's hand...lol

The Kracken
palacios better have something other than a running game, cuz the d-line is playing some good football right now

44INAROW
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN
Dem announcers get excited and lose connection everytime.

we sit about 3 or 4 rows below them in Cuero when they broadcast.. It is "colorful" listening to them to say the least!

Bless Tyler's heart - alot of pressure for a 15 year old......... (sorry, "mom" comment came out lol)

Sounds like Cuero isn't ready to give it to them without a fight..........

Crapola.. that didn't sound good :(

1 more try......... let's go guys

oh well - way to hang in there guys!!

gobbler grad
10-05-2007, 10:10 PM
4th and 17

Cuero turns ball over... :( :(

1:29 and counting

44INAROW
10-05-2007, 10:15 PM
no shame in losing this one - As promised by Wedo all week - Bay City is the real deal......

Hope everyone has a safe trip home -

On to Palacios next week.........

gobbler grad
10-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Keep your heads up and let's get ready for District...after a loss, I feel bad for Palacios next week...

Great defense by both teams tonight...don't think were gonna give up much for remainder of season...:thinking:

GO MEAN GREEN...:clap:

luvhoops34
10-05-2007, 10:19 PM
FINAL

BAY CITY 29

CUERO 21

44INAROW
10-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Keep your heads up and let's get ready for District...after a loss, I feel bad for Palacios next week...

Great defense by both teams tonight...don't think were gonna give up much for remainder of season...:thinking:

GO MEAN GREEN...:clap:

that's why I am glad we had this game right before district (except I would have liked a W but can't take anything away from BC - they played heads up all night but I am proud of the Gobblers for never giving up) Dayum - Homecoming to top it off...... :( oh well....... The boys will be ready for the muchly improved Sharks next week........

wedo
10-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Well BC won like i said they would, they are for real this year. Im taking nothing away from Cuero they played hard, they just lost to a better team. In my honest opinion BC could have ran off with this game instead Edleman chose to go conservative in the 4th. Cuero played hard and never gave up, so props to them.

Although I know im not speaking about all the Cuero fans when i say this but i was sitting by a bunch of sore losers who blamed everything on Coach Reeves!! Chanting "Reeves has got to go" which IMO is horrible. There is a reason why some people are in the stands and not on the field!! Reeves has done an excellent job at Cuero with a great record yall are lucky to have him!

44INAROW
10-06-2007, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by wedo

Although I know im not speaking about all the Cuero fans when i say this but i was sitting by a bunch of sore losers who blamed everything on Coach Reeves!! Chanting "Reeves has got to go" which IMO is horrible. There is a reason why some people are in the stands and not on the field!! Reeves has done an excellent job at Cuero with a great record yall are lucky to have him!

The majority of the Gobbler Faithful are wonderful people but there are some really sorry fans here for sure - Some of them just can't get past being bench warmers in Jr High or the fact that their "stud" son is really NOT a stud. Before this season - we lost 5 games in 4 years - 3 of them by less than 3 points in the last seconds of the game -Under his direction (even 2 years before he got here) - my son's class never lost a game in Gobbler Stadium - never lost a regular season game (well, they did lose one game their Freshman year to Sealy when the QB was out with MRSA so I guess they lost 1). The only games they lost were the last game of the season. (State Finals, State Semi Finals, Area game) Did we win "the big one"? NO we didn't but we got close more than once - Do I wish we'd of won the Big One - you damn right I do, but all in all it's not a bad record no matter what classification you're in -
Without even being at the game tonight - I could probably tell you the names of the "fans" (I use that term very loosely) saying those things, but it's not worth the time to write their names - they know who they are and so does most of the town. Fair weather fans - I guess every town has them. I bet Old Green knows exactly who I'm talking about lol........ - I used to get upset but you gotta consider the source. Heck, I'll admit it - I get mad a decisions made on the field - I'd be a liar if I said I didn't - but Lordy Mercy - I don't think there is anyone on the face of the Earth that's perfect and has never made a bad decision or mistake. It's called human. Those Monday morning QB's should get out of the stands and go to college and get a degree - and apply for a coaching position and then they can make the hard decisions. But I'd be willing to bet, more than 1/2 of them couldn't pass the 1st test to get started. If you think this applies to you, it probably does.
Wedo, sounds like Bay City made a complete turnaround from last year - That's wonderful. Hope you'll go a long way in the playoffs!

GO MEAN GREEN

wedo
10-06-2007, 12:24 AM
The majority of the Gobbler Faithful are wonderful people but there are some really sorry fans here for sure - Some of them just can't get past being bench warmers in Jr High or the fact that their "stud" son is really NOT a stud. Before this season - we lost 5 games in 4 years - 3 of them by less than 3 points in the last seconds of the game -Under his direction (even 2 years before he got here) - my son's class never lost a game in Gobbler Stadium - never lost a regular season game (well, they did lose one game their Freshman year to Sealy when the QB was out with MRSA so I guess they lost 1). The only games they lost were the last game of the season. (State Finals, State Semi Finals, Area game) Did we win "the big one"? NO we didn't but we got close more than once - Do I wish we'd of won the Big One - you damn right I do, but all in all it's not a bad record no matter what classification you're in -
Without even being at the game tonight - I could probably tell you the names of the "fans" (I use that term very loosely) saying those things, but it's not worth the time to write their names - they know who they are and so does most of the town. Fair weather fans - I guess every town has them. I bet Old Green knows exactly who I'm talking about lol........ - I used to get upset but you gotta consider the source. Heck, I'll admit it - I get mad a decisions made on the field - I'd be a liar if I said I didn't - but Lordy Mercy - I don't think there is anyone on the face of the Earth that's perfect and has never made a bad decision or mistake. It's called human. Those Monday morning QB's should get out of the stands and go to college and get a degree - and apply for a coaching position and then they can make the hard decisions. But I'd be willing to bet, more than 1/2 of them couldn't pass the 1st test to get started. If you think this applies to you, it probably does.
Wedo, sounds like Bay City made a complete turnaround from last year - That's wonderful. Hope you'll go a long way in the playoffs!

GO MEAN GREEN

Yeah i know every town has them! But What really bothers me is that in a year i'll be a coach! Not that it would bother me what other people say but i know why the coaches were doing what they were! Its called a game plan, and that game plan kept the game closer than what it should have been IMO! Cuero just lost to a better team!

VanKampen
10-06-2007, 12:30 AM
those idiots should just look at who plays for cuero and realize they arent as good as they were a few years ago. whoever had high hopes for this season is retarded

LH Panther Mom
10-06-2007, 12:31 AM
Yeah i know every town has them! But What really bothers me is that in a year i'll be a coach! Not that it would bother me what other people say but i know why the coaches were doing what they were! Its called a game plan, and that game plan kept the game closer than what it should have been IMO! Cuero just lost to a better team!
Yes, every town does have them, unfortunately. I guess a 41 regular season streak isn't good enough. :rolleyes: Did I miss something and Coach Reeve was absent that entire time? :doh: Some people just don't "get" it. (And, yes, we have them too. :rolleyes: )

VanKampen
10-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Yes, every town does have them, unfortunately. I guess a 41 regular season streak isn't good enough. :rolleyes: Did I miss something and Coach Reeve was absent that entire time? :doh: Some people just don't "get" it. (And, yes, we have them too. :rolleyes: )
what good is winning in the regular season if you cant win when it matters?

wedo
10-06-2007, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by VanKampen

well you have to win in the regular season to make it to the big game!! If people could see into the future and know they wouldnt win state then they would lose on purpose when " it doesn't Matter".

Stownhorse
10-06-2007, 01:10 AM
those idiots should just look at who plays for cuero and realize they arent as good as they were a few years ago. whoever had high hopes for this season is retarded

LMAO, for some reason I feel the same.

TAMUGRAD
10-06-2007, 01:12 AM

So let me see if I get your logic:

1. Because I back my team week after week, season after season, and have "high hopes" for their success I am as you so eloquently stated...

2. r------d?

(by the way as an educator I really am offended by that word)

and ...

3. Every team on the field, every week, is wasting their time and it means nothing because only one or two teams in each classification will walk away with a title?

It matters.
It matters every week.
I am so thankful and proud that my son has been a part of what has been going on in Cuero, and by the way it will continue to go on it's called -- tradition.

As a side note:
The men that have coached my child have added to his character in ways that I as a mother could not have. I am often told what a fine young man I have. I contribute some of his character to the lessons he has learned on the field. So, I'll say it again.

It matters.
It matters every week.

KTA
10-06-2007, 01:15 AM
:clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-06-2007, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD

It matters.
It matters every week. win or lose. I would say Cuero has had excellent seasons for quite a few years now.

AP Panther Fan
10-06-2007, 01:24 AM

1. Because I back my team week after week, season after season, and have "high hopes" for their success I am as you so eloquently stated...

2. r------d?

and ...

3. Every team on the field, every week, is wasting their time and it means nothing because only one or two teams in each classification will walk away with a title?

It matters.
It matters every week.
I am so thankful and proud that my son has been a part of what has been going on in Cuero, and by the way it will continue to go on it's called -- tradition.

As a side note:
The men that have coached my child have added to his character in ways that I as a mother could not have. I am often told what a fine young man I have. I contribute some of his character to the lessons he has learned on the field. So, I'll say it again.

It matters.
It matters every week.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Awesome post...I love it!:)

gato 76
10-06-2007, 06:36 AM
we sit about 3 or 4 rows below them in Cuero when they broadcast.. It is "colorful" listening to them to say the least!

Bless Tyler's heart - alot of pressure for a 15 year old......... (sorry, "mom" comment came out lol)

Sounds like Cuero isn't ready to give it to them without a fight..........

Crapola.. that didn't sound good :(

1 more try......... let's go guys

oh well - way to hang in there guys!!

That young QB #12 really showed me alot,i was up in the stands with wedo and it was pretty bad the bad mouthing of coach reeves.I know stuff like that can bother young men wanting to get into coaching,just told wedo just overlook it.If everything goes well wedo will be on that bay city coaching staff soon.Good luck to cuero the rest of the season,you guys showed alot of guts by not giving up.Oh rutherford the real deal he now has 1540 yd passing in 5 games.

wedo
10-06-2007, 08:44 AM

2. r------d?

and ...

It matters.
It matters every week.

As a side note:

It matters.
It matters every week.

Well said!!

KingRob
10-06-2007, 12:08 PM

Well, if your going to be a coach in a year or so, then you better start growing some thick skin! I'm sure there were some pretty ugly statements coming from the BC crowd last year during the Black Cats 2-8 season.

If you look at the beginning of this thread, a couple of folks questioned the plays being called, and why Cuero didn't go for the field goal in the 2nd qtr. Coach Reeve's is a great coach, but some of his calls in the past have been questioned. I think it's just part of the game. To say that the "game plan" kept this from being a blowout holds no merit. Cuero had numerous turnovers, and had a good chance of sending the game into OT with under 2 minutes after they got down to the 7 yd line. They had a delay of game, an intentional grounding, and a couple of other mistakes that kept them from scoring. Was it the tough BC defense, or was it bad play calling? Perhaps it was both? I doubt if Coach Edelman was playing conservative football, and was happy by just staying 2 TDs ahead of the Cuero Gobblers. If he truly was, then good luck trying to beat 4A toughies Lamar, El Campo, and Terry. If you not careful, it could end up being a 5-5 season.

IMO!

gato 76
10-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
Well, if your going to be a coach in a year or so, then you better start growing some thick skin! I'm sure there were some pretty ugly statements coming from the BC crowd last year during the Black Cats 2-8 season.

If you look at the beginning of this thread, a couple of folks questioned the plays being called, and why Cuero didn't go for the field goal in the 2nd qtr. Coach Reeve's is a great coach, but some of his calls in the past have been questioned. I think it's just part of the game. To say that the "game plan" kept this from being a blowout holds no merit. Cuero had numerous turnovers, and had a good chance of sending the game into OT with under 2 minutes after they got down to the 7 yd line. They had a delay of game, an intentional grounding, and a couple of other mistakes that kept them from scoring. Was it the tough BC defense, or was it bad play calling? Perhaps it was both? I doubt if Coach Edelman was playing conservative football, and was happy by just staying 2 TDs ahead of the Cuero Gobblers. If he truly was, then good luck trying to beat 4A toughies Lamar, El Campo, and Terry. If you not careful, it could end up being a 5-5 season.

IMO!

Don't worry about the city cats ,24AAAA has plenty to worry about and they are #7,#1,#12,#11,#24.Coach Edelman was trying to eat up some clock.You guys got to worry about Palacios and Lamar Cons got to worry about us.

wedo
10-06-2007, 12:28 PM

IMO!

O it would not bother me in no way if I was in the same situation, I had stated that with out Reeves Cuero would not even be in the situations to be successful like they been the past 5 years!! Thats all. There is no doubt in my mind that even if Cuero Scores to tie with a min left that BC does not score to win the game with a min left! BC did get conservative b/c they handled Cuero all night, sorry but all got handled by a better team. Cuero wasn't doing much on Offense all night so a 2 TD lead is great IMO. Why run the score up if you don't have to? IMHO the City Cats could have ran off with the game. Face the facts man Cuero could not consistently cover BC revievers, too many and too good!IF you were at the game you would have saw what i did. BC scored when they needed to nuff said son!!

KingRob
10-06-2007, 12:39 PM
O it would not bother me in no way if I was in the same situation, I had stated that with out Reeves Cuero would not even be in the situations to be successful like they been the past 5 years!! Thats all. There is no doubt in my mind that even if Cuero Scores to tie with a min left that BC does not score to win the game with a min left! BC did get conservative b/c they handled Cuero all night, sorry but all got handled by a better team. Cuero wasn't doing much on Offense all night so a 2 TD lead is great IMO. Why run the score up if you don't have to? IMHO the City Cats could have ran off with the game. Face the facts man Cuero could not consistently cover BC revievers, too many and too good!IF you were at the game you would have saw what i did. BC scored when they needed to nuff said son!!

Okay, wannabe coach. Now run along and go play some 4A schools. LOL, another 3A team on your schedule and y'all would be as bad as Calhoun!!

moving on.....:p

wedo
10-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Okay, wannabe coach. Now run along and go play some 4A schools. LOL, another 3A team on your schedule and y'all would be as bad as Calhoun!!

moving on.....:p

I didn't want to b/c i have some respect for Cuero, even though it is runining low right now. But Who in the world has Cuero played? Stafford and La Vernia=cupcakes. Cuero plays BC schedule 1-5 maybe!! OK Wannabe coach yeah right it will be reality soon so that ain't gonna hurt my feeling!! THere is a reason why most people who criticize a team and coach are in the stands including you son!!!!

tigerpride_08
10-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Palacios beat 2A Boling last night 56-0....

KingRob
10-06-2007, 01:01 PM
I didn't want to b/c i have some respect for Cuero, even though it is runining low right now. But Who in the world has Cuero played? Stafford and La Vernia=cupcakes. Cuero plays BC schedule 1-5 maybe!! OK Wannabe coach yeah right it will be reality soon so that ain't gonna hurt my feeling!! THere is a reason why most people who criticize a team and coach are in the stands including you son!!!!

Okay Coach Wannabe! You can keep calling me son all you want, because I'm pretty sure I'm a lot older than you little buddy! Sounds like you're going be one heck of a coach!! LOL! :rolleyes: ;)

wedo
10-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Okay Coach Wannabe! You can keep calling me son all you want, because I'm pretty sure I'm a lot older than you little buddy! Sounds like you're going be one heck of a coach!! LOL! :rolleyes: ;)

Ok im a wannabe coach right? And you are who?? Monday morning Quarterback, there is a reason your doing what your doing and not a coach!! grandpa

KingRob
10-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Ok im a wannabe coach right? And you are who?? Monday morning Quarterback, there is a reason your doing what your doing and not a coach!! grandpa

LOL! Not a grandpa yet, but I do hope to see that day come. It would be an honor. If you still haven't started a career yet, then you could very well have come from these loins, son! Take these words of wisdom with you grasshopper. Just because one wants to coach, doesn't mean he will. Just because one becomes a coach, doesn't mean he'll be a good one. Now run along and play with the other kids!:D :p

wedo
10-06-2007, 01:46 PM
LOL! Not a grandpa yet, but I do hope to see that day come. It would be an honor. If you still haven't started a career yet, then you could very well have come from these loins, son! Take these words of wisdom with you grasshopper. Just because one wants to coach, doesn't mean he will. Just because one becomes a coach, doesn't mean he'll be a good one. Now run along and play with the other kids!:D :p

You obviously have no wisdom, sense or respect! Nor will anyone respect you, for you obviously dont know what you are talking about. You are making Cuero fans sound stupid and im sure nobody else respects you either. You are no better than the guy that sat behind me at the game, both are ignorant! You might be a just a lil more DEE DEE than the other guy!

gato 76
10-06-2007, 01:49 PM

I guess you will never know,go tell coach reeves to his face how bad a coach he is.Don't worry about wedo he going to be a damm good coach.

pirate4state
10-06-2007, 04:27 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

my goodness

"i know you are, but what am i?" from grown men??? :doh: :speech:

Highschoolfan78
10-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Goodness i missed out on all of this.. maybe for the better... I don't think anyone can argue that the Reeve Regime was a drastic improvement from the years before acquiring him. Not only did he re-build the program, but as someone else has stated he contributed character to these young men. He and his staff provide opportunities for the boys to make something of themselves as football players and as men. After high school, they have to choose to carry what they learn with them and apply it to life. Let's face it, the majority of those boys will never play football again after high school. The ones that do will doubtfully make it a career. I think that is more important in today's society than Coach Reeve's questionable calls. For the bleacher coaches questioning his ability, you mean nothing. Your opinions do not matter as much as you think, nor will what you say in the stands change the outcomes of the game. I remember when Cuero lost the state game in the fall of 2004, and I talked to an adult about the game. (No names mentioned.) Rather than stating the boys played hard and it was an accomplishment of making it thus far, he immediately questioned Reeve's ability. I was astonished that someone would question his coaching ability after taking a team to state for the first time in 6 years. It really upsets me to hear these types of things.. As far as Wedo goes, i wish you the best in the coaching world. You'll be ok in the coaching world, regardless of what people say. Kingrob, I admire your commitment to your traditional hometown of Cuero. Drop the issue and lets get ready for district play. The LH and BC games have provided the Cuero team a chance to gain some integrity and they'll possess this by playoff time.. That's my 2 cents and possibly 3

Old Tiger
10-06-2007, 06:30 PM
This one is over

JT44
10-06-2007, 08:35 PM
I just want to start off by saying BC is very good, reminded a lot of the Wharton teams with Trey Jones at qb, only BC runs that offense better.

Cuero played hard and almost pulled it out, just the lack of rhythm on offense all game cost them when they were inside the ten.

I live with someone who is on the team, he is not my son, but might as well be, and it is very discouraging to see two of his classmates fathers always badmouthing Reeve every game.

and it just didn't start now, they did it to the 7th,8th,and the 9th grade coaches. All the players hear the remarks, and they may also agree and say that amongst themselves, but some of the guys may take it the wrong way give them a bad prospective of these coaches.

Coach Reeve and his staff have sent a lot of guys to college that frankly I had no idea had a shot to play at even the juco or lower level colleges. He's even helped guys get basketball scholarships, and at cuero that's a very rare thing.

The guys played hard, and now they have to regroup and get ready for their next challenge, they know that this experience is just a slight roadblock in their ultimate goal.

VanKampen
10-07-2007, 03:45 PM
all im got from TAMUGRAD's post is that he/she is okay with going 10-0 and losing in the first round of the playoffs.

Gobbla2001
10-07-2007, 04:19 PM
wow... what a thread this has turned into...

Coach Reeve has made questionable calls, as every coach in football has, but the guy is a great coach... he has done a great job using the talent Cuero has the right way... he has a great eye for talent and knows how to use these players...

But WTH, weedo? Cuero beats BC 42-21 last year and you come on here and talk about it like BC should have won the game... then Cuero plays BC within one TD this year and you come on here and say "it wasn't that close, bc was playing conservatively"...

give credit where credit is due man... if BC was playing conservatively that's their team's problem not ours... that's part of the game and team just as much as catching a pass is... you can't do that against good teams if you want to win and it coulda cost 'em... you say they could have ran away with it? well why didn't they? trying to run out the clock? if they were that much better then they could have scored doing whatever it is they do... I doubt they could have, or they would have...

Good game BC, good win, good to see your program is back... but get weedo's nose out yur butt for me could ya?

gato 76
10-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
wow... what a thread this has turned into...

Coach Reeve has made questionable calls, as every coach in football has, but the guy is a great coach... he has done a great job using the talent Cuero has the right way... he has a great eye for talent and knows how to use these players...

But WTH, weedo? Cuero beats BC 42-21 last year and you come on here and talk about it like BC should have won the game... then Cuero plays BC within one TD this year and you come on here and say "it wasn't that close, bc was playing conservatively"...

give credit where credit is due man... if BC was playing conservatively that's their team's problem not ours... that's part of the game and team just as much as catching a pass is... you can't do that against good teams if you want to win and it coulda cost 'em... you say they could have ran away with it? well why didn't they? trying to run out the clock? if they were that much better then they could have scored doing whatever it is they do... I doubt they could have, or they would have...

Good game BC, good win, good to see your program is back... but get weedo's nose out yur butt for me could ya?

Getting beat by Bay City only going to make Cuero better when district starts.It was a great win for us you guys are a very good football team and i admire the fan support you guys have,except for a few.Its time to let this go i wish you guys the best of luck next week.

Gobbla2001
10-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
except for a few

that's no lie... some of 'em you can't please...

TAMUGRAD
10-07-2007, 04:59 PM
all im got from TAMUGRAD's post is that he/she is okay with going 10-0 and losing in the first round of the playoffs.

How long have you been following the Gobblers?

2006 - Regional - that's not 10-0
2005 - Semi Final - that's not 10-0
2004 - State Final - that's not 10-0

To what season are you referring? I went all the way back to 1986 and did not find a 10-0 season.