PDA

View Full Version : BobcatBenny

ronwx5x
10-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Let's be friends and call a draw! I plan to be up to watch Celina vs. Pilot Point next week and would like to meet you. Any suggestions on where?

BobcatBenny
10-05-2007, 01:29 PM
I just assumed we were friends.

You make discussions interesting and you don't weenie out. How could someone not like that?

Unfortunately that is one of the games I am missing this season. I will be in Lubbock watching the Aggies get whalloped.

What is someone from the Woodlands doing on the 3A DL?

Ranger Mom
10-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

You make discussions interesting and you don't weenie out. How could someone not like that?

Unfortunately that is one of the games I am missing this season. I will be in Lubbock watching the Aggies get whalloped.

Haha......you just don't want your "cover" blown!!:p :p :p

BobcatBenny
10-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Haha......you just don't want your "cover" blown!!:p :p :p
That too! :D

ronwx5x
10-05-2007, 03:00 PM

I actually grew up in a 2A town, Ozona. I love high school football, but 2A towns and schools are too small and 4 and 5A too large for easy viewing. So, 3A just fits. My daughter and son-in-law live in Coppell so when I visit them I can go early and catch a Celina game. I've only been to one, last year's playoff with Madison. I watch Giddings here, as well as a couple of others but mainly just go for fun. I graduated from Tech many, many years ago. Sorry to miss you, and yes I enjoy the discussions also.

Ranger Mom
10-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I actually grew up in a 2A town, Ozona. I love high school football, but 2A towns and schools are too small and 4 and 5A too large for easy viewing. So, 3A just fits. My daughter and son-in-law live in Coppell so when I visit them I can go early and catch a Celina game. I've only been to one, last year's playoff with Madison. I watch Giddings here, as well as a couple of others but mainly just go for fun. I graduated from Tech many, many years ago. Sorry to miss you, and yes I enjoy the discussions also.

I grew up in Coahoma, my husband grew up in Crane.....

Greenwood used to scrimmage Ozona every year! In fact, that is where our coach came from!!

ronwx5x
10-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I grew up in Coahoma, my husband grew up in Crane.....

Greenwood used to scrimmage Ozona every year! In fact, that is where our coach came from!!

How well we know where your coach came from. Still leaves a dirty taste. His brother has coached Idalou for over 20 years. I probably grew up many years before your time!!

Ranger Mom
10-05-2007, 03:18 PM
How well we know where your coach came from. Still leaves a dirty taste. His brother has coached Idalou for over 20 years. I probably grew up many years before your time!!

Why does it leave a dirty taste...he wasn't coaching at the time, right?? He was the principal??

ronwx5x
10-05-2007, 03:20 PM
He was both coach and principal. He asked to be principal and give up coaching and the school board was searching for a coach. Then he up and left for the Greenwood coaching job just before the season began. Made no sense.

Ranger Mom
10-05-2007, 03:26 PM
He was both coach and principal. He asked to be principal and give up coaching and the school board was searching for a coach. Then he up and left for the Greenwood coaching job just before the season began. Made no sense.

I thought he was Principal for a year after giving up coaching and decided he wanted to get back into it.

So....when he left, yall were without a coach??

ronwx5x
10-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Yes. Benny Granger, who had given up coaching, came in as the "quick" replacement. Coach Granger left after last year and Ozona football has suffered the sudden loss of two coaches now. I don't live in Ozona anymore, thank goodness, and haven't for many years but I know the folks are not happy about the team this year.

BobcatBenny
10-05-2007, 03:35 PM
You should join the chat.

ronwx5x
10-05-2007, 03:38 PM
You should join the chat.

Have no idea how. I'm leaving work now so will be out for a while.

BobcatBenny
10-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Later