PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed & donations welcomed

rangerjoe33
10-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Hello everyone, first of all, thanks for the prayers... I am the head coach for the Royse City 5th-6th grade team and this injury occurred while we were playing Wills Point last Saturday. Here is an update on the player we are all so concerned about. Felipe was transported by ambulance during the game.

Felipe Hernandez suffered a serious injury last week in a TCFA game with Royse City while making a tackle. Felipe and his family need your help. Felipe’s injury is causing numbness in his lower extremities and he under the care a neurologist. The good news is this...he does have mobility but has no sensation. He has already had multiple visits to the hospital and doctors and there are more to come. The insurances are not covering all the expenses associated with this injury. We are attempting to raise money, he comes from a single parent family and his mother is missing work and incurring other expenses that will not be covered by the league’s insurance or their own limited health coverage.

I typically would not come on here and ask for a donation but this kid needs our help. We have set-up a league wide donation program but I know there a lot of people on this site that love children and football, I thought you all might be interested in helping out. If you can/want to, please help, if you cannot thanks for taking the time to read and please say a prayer for this boy and his family.

If you would like to make a charitable contribution please make it payable to the RCYA (Royse City Youth Association) and mail it to the following address:

Royse City Youth Association
c/o Felipe Hernandez Fund
P.O. Box 652
Royse City, TX 75189

Here is a link to the flyer I created for the donation effort we are making for the remainder of the season:
http://feccommunications.net/~jeast/Felipe.pdf

We are a legit organization...
http://www.rcya.org/

burnet44
10-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Prayers and a check
best of luck

rangerjoe33
10-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Thanks B...much appreciated.

pirate4state
10-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
Hello everyone, first of all, thanks for the prayers... I am the head coach for the Royse City 5th-6th grade team and this injury occurred while we were playing Wills Point last Saturday. Here is an update on the player we are all so concerned about. Felipe was transported by ambulance during the game.

Felipe Hernandez suffered a serious injury last week in a TCFA game with Royse City while making a tackle. Felipe and his family need your help. Felipe’s injury is causing numbness in his lower extremities and he under the care a neurologist. The good news is this...he does have mobility but has no sensation. He has already had multiple visits to the hospital and doctors and there are more to come. The insurances are not covering all the expenses associated with this injury. We are attempting to raise money, he comes from a single parent family and his mother is missing work and incurring other expenses that will not be covered by the league’s insurance or their own limited health coverage.

I typically would not come on here and ask for a donation but this kid needs our help. We have set-up a league wide donation program but I know there a lot of people on this site that love children and football, I thought you all might be interested in helping out. If you can/want to, please help, if you cannot thanks for taking the time to read and please say a prayer for this boy and his family.

If you would like to make a charitable contribution please make it payable to the RCYA (Royse City Youth Association) and mail it to the following address:

Royse City Youth Association
c/o Felipe Hernandez Fund
P.O. Box 652
Royse City, TX 75189

Here is a link to the flyer I created for the donation effort we are making for the remainder of the season:
http://feccommunications.net/~jeast/Felipe.pdf

We are a legit organization...
http://www.rcya.org/

Is there anyway to do a paypal donation? I'll send a check, just wondering if there isn't a quicker way. :(

rangerjoe33
10-05-2007, 01:42 PM
I would have to get our bank account info from the league to set on up on paypal. I have a paypal account but would not feel right receiving a donation for the family in my account even though I know I would forward it on...that is why I am running everything through the Youth Association. I don't want people to get the wrong idea.

pirate4state
10-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
I would have to get our bank account info from the league to set on up on paypal. I have a paypal account but would not feel right receiving a donation for the family in my account even though I know I would forward it on...that is why I am running everything through the Youth Association. I don't want people to get the wrong idea.

Fair enough. Check is in the mail.

KTA
10-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Prayers from Graham

rangerjoe33
10-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks KTA. I got an email from the mother this morning, they are hoping to get a referral to Scottish Rites hospital today...

Tough weekend for the boy this weekend however. Asked his mother if he was going to be in a wheelchair forever...

Just so everyone knows, he can move but cannot feel anything from his ankles down, sometimes loses feelings in his legs...and has problems standing, he can only stand for very, very short periods of time.

Keep praying.

sportsgram
10-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Joe,

One headed to the fund from the Sportsgram Network! Let me know if we can assist in anyway on our game day broadcast for RC or any of the other ones we cover.

Terry Gregory
Sportsgram Internet Sports Network
www.sportsgram.net

rangerjoe33
10-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Felipe is now at Children's Medical Center in Dallas. I will be making a trip to see him at lunch. He is really trying to stay positive but is starting to think he will not get better.

Please continue to pray that God will heal his body.

pirate4state
10-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Any new updates?

rangerjoe33
10-16-2007, 04:10 PM
I got this from the association earlier today...

He has gone thru all of his testing and he seems to be doing well. He has begun physical therapy for his feet. He is getting some frustrated with this because he still cannot stand upright. Rethea, his mom, calls him superman when they are working with him because he seems to be bending over due to not having full control, that was before today.. He is still not standing fully upright, but he is now standing slanted somewhat. He is wanting them to give him a walker to work with but they refuse due to him not having full control. His MRI showed that his muscles in his back are all wound up and in knots, he does have a pinch near the spine in his nerve that is causing the non feeling in his feet. It can either be repaired thru surgery or they can let it work its way out and that is what the doctors have decided to do. They have set him up with physical therapy in Tyler and Grand Saline when he is released which may be as early as tomorrow.

rcbulldog34
10-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Good news we will keep him in our prayers.