PDA

View Full Version : I met Craig Biggio tonight

zebrablue2
10-04-2007, 10:05 PM
had to be the luckiest guy in the world tonight. I was working the bellville- st. thomas freshman- jv games. on the opening kick-off, the PA guy says back to recieve the kick-off for st. thomas is # 8, conner biggio. my first thought was, I bet craig is here. my co-official went up at halftime and got his autograph. there were many bellville people during the halftime that were up there. finally, at the end of the game, I thought, I have to try and meet him. went up and shook his hand. one of the nicest people you ever want to meet. by the way, I did get his autograph for my oldest daughter. WOW, I shook hands with a person who will be in the pro baseball hall of fame.

KL3
10-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Zebra, thats pretty cool. Who won the games?

zebrablue2
10-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Fr. win 29-6
JV. win 37-0

KL3
10-04-2007, 10:22 PM
That brings Bellville's football records in all grades to......

7th Grade A: 4-0
8th Grade A: 4-0
Freshman: 5-0
Junior Varsity: 3-? (Beat Sealy, Columbia, St. Thomas, not sure of Barbers Hill and Houston Christian)
Varsity: 3-1

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Craig B. is a really cool guy. When working at the Pin Oak Home Depot in HTown about 5 years back, he would come in all the time. Once, when we were really busy, I didn't get a chance to actually see who I was ringing up. I felt so stupid when I asked for his I.D. But, he was really cool about it. He actually laughed out of it...:o

Bull19
10-04-2007, 11:39 PM
thats pretty cool...maybe he will be at the game tomm night

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-05-2007, 08:34 AM
You think you're lucky, neck_06 got his hat after his last game. Lucky punk....

neck_06
10-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You think you're lucky, neck_06 got his hat after his last game. Lucky punk....

rumors rumors rumors.....i did talk to him last year at the houston baseball banquit. nice guy, very humble. his picture should be next to the definition of "baseball player"

Reds fan
10-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
i did talk to him last year at the houston baseball banquit. nice guy, very humble. his picture should be next to the definition of "baseball player" [/B]

His picture should also be next to "class"

Bull's-eye
10-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Biggio, Bagwell and Caminiti all used to work out at our local gym. Craig was very strong for his size and I did hear he was a very good football player in HS.

Bull's-eye
10-05-2007, 10:55 AM
I found some information about Biggio:

Biggio graduated from Kings Park High School in Long Island, New York, where he excelled as a multi-sport Varsity athlete. Most notably, after the 1983 season, Biggio was awarded the Hansen Award, which recognized him as being the best football player in Suffolk County.[1] However, Biggio's passion lay with baseball, such that he turned down football scholarships for the opportunity to play baseball for Seton Hall University

Maroon87
10-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Reds fan
His picture should also be next to "class"

Kinda sad that Bonds' last game with SF got more coverage than Bidge's last game ever.

Sign of the times.:(

zebrablue2
10-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
rumors rumors rumors.....i did talk to him last year at the houston baseball banquit. nice guy, very humble. his picture should be next to the definition of "baseball player"

I was about # 250 to walk up and shake his hand. some people would not be very friendly at that point. he was very nice, as was his wife. he is what a ball player is all about.