PDA

View Full Version : Lion Heart

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-13-2003, 03:31 AM
For those that made the Atlanta - Vernon game tonight, I have to say that the Vernon Lions showed as much heart as I have ever seen in a football team. Down 26-7 they could have folded the tent, but they battled back and actually had a chance to get within 5 points with 4 min left in the game. Sitting at the Atlanta 9 yard line. I know that the hearts on both sides of that stadium were beating fast. But the Rabb defense held. It was a very exciting game, but our boy's hearts weren't enough to overcome the talent of those Rabbit players. Atlanta has a very good football team.

Congratulations Atlanta. Also congratulations to the 2003 Vernon Lion team on a very successful year.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-13-2003, 09:03 AM
Hey Z, it was nice meeting you there. I would have stayed the entire game, but my two friends had finally had enough of the cold weather and we took off after Vernon failed to score late in the ballgame. The score was 26-14 at the time we left, we didn't know Atlanta had scored again until we got home.

Anyhow, glad you made it back safely. Vernon's team, and fans impressed the heck outta me. Y'all are one major class act. Keep up the good work. Oh yeah, your boy made one helluva catch on the sideline.....and got BOTH feet in bounds, even though he only needed one.

wildstangs
12-13-2003, 11:06 AM
It was a great year for the lions. Cant complain to much about winning the Region and making the final 4. I hope Vernon and Sweetwater hook up in non district this fall. I didnt see one act of poor sportsmanship from either side this year in the playoffs.