PDA

View Full Version : Knocked Up

Angeleyes
10-04-2007, 09:29 PM
no not me. . .lol watching Knocked Up,anyone seen it? 1408 was ok but im glad i got to rent it for free.

Old Tiger
10-04-2007, 09:30 PM
funniest movie this year....i loved it.

Have you seen Superbad?

snydertiger2010
10-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Watchin it right now, for like the 10th time

Angeleyes
10-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
funniest movie this year....i loved it.

Have you seen Superbad? no i havent seen Superbad,but want to,looks funny:D

44INAROW
10-04-2007, 09:39 PM
I liked Knocked Up but I would like to make the observation/comment - I am FAR from a prude, those of you that know me, know that - BUT - the use of the "F" word was excessive in my opinion. Throwing it in now-and-again is not such a big deal, but it seemed they used it every 10th word.. other than that - it was pretty good. I would like to see 1408 - John Cusack a good actor.

Old Tiger
10-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I liked Knocked Up but I would like to make the observation/comment - I am FAR from a prude, those of you that know me, know that - BUT - the use of the "F" word was excessive in my opinion. Throwing it in now-and-again is not such a big deal, but it seemed they used it every 10th word.. other than that - it was pretty good. I would like to see 1408 - John Cusack a good actor. No where near as many times as pulp fiction. Mind if I PM you a deal with all the "F" words from pulp fiction in it? it's like 3 minutes long.

44INAROW
10-04-2007, 09:53 PM
No where near as many times as pulp fiction. Mind if I PM you a deal with all the "F" words from pulp fiction in it? it's like 3 minutes long.

sure.. shoot it over to me... like I said, I'm not a prude by any stretch of the imagination - it just seemed like alot of "F" word usage for such a "main-stream" movie......

necks_c/09
10-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by snydertiger2010
Watchin it right now, for like the 10th time with str?

eagles_victory
10-05-2007, 12:19 AM
is snydertiger2010s sig talking about him or talking about the guy who he pretends to be

BobcatBenny
10-05-2007, 12:25 AM
I saw the movie and realized that the guys that wrote the movie were all sitting around all high and giggly and said, "Hey let's make a movie like Basic Instict, but make it funny!"

So, they came up with that hospital scene and built the movie backwards from there.

Once I realized that, I was a little disappointed. But there were a few moments that were really pretty good.

Stownhorse
10-05-2007, 12:53 AM
No where near as many times as pulp fiction. Mind if I PM you a deal with all the "F" words from pulp fiction in it? it's like 3 minutes long.

HAHA yes I remember that scene....Havent seen that movie in a while.

Blastoderm55
10-05-2007, 08:02 AM
I was disappointed. 40 Year Old Virgin was a much better effort from Rogan.

Old Tiger
10-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
is snydertiger2010s sig talking about him or talking about the guy who he pretends to be That is the nickname I gave him because he is such a ladies man and he's 6'1 205 lbs. of muscle

Ranger Mom
10-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Angeleyes
no not me. . .lol watching Knocked Up,anyone seen it? 1408 was ok but im glad i got to rent it for free.

I saw 1408 at the drive in...I thought it was very strange!!

My daughter and her b/f went with us..she was confused the entire movie!!:p :p

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
sure.. shoot it over to me... like I said, I'm not a prude by any stretch of the imagination - it just seemed like alot of "F" word usage for such a "main-stream" movie......

This was how I felt when the Jim Carrey movie "Me, Myself & Irene" came out...I was really disappointed. Excessive use of the F word and heck, it wasn't even funny.

Ranger Mom
10-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
This was how I felt when the Jim Carrey movie "Me, Myself & Irene" came out...I was really disappointed. Excessive use of the F word and heck, it wasn't even funny.

I agree with both you and 44inanrow....I know it's thrown out there more and more, heck, I can't deny that I have never said it either...but good grief, every other word??

The movie wouldn't have lost anything without the excessive use of it, IMO!!

STANG RED
10-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I agree with both you and 44inanrow....I know it's thrown out there more and more, heck, I can't deny that I have never said it either...but good grief, every other word??

The movie wouldn't have lost anything without the excessive use of it, IMO!!

Yea that bothers me to, and I even think that I use it way too much. But for some reason when I hear it used repeatedly in a movie it bothers me. Especially when my daughter and I go to a movie together, or when I notice a lot of young teenagers in the theater.