PDA

View Full Version : Another way to get a starting spot lol

burnet44
10-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Real Backups Frame The Starters

Remember the backup punter at UNC who stabbed the starter?

Some backups on minor college football teams are crude in their attempts to earn the starting spot, resorting to stabbing the starters. Jacksonville University running back Cecil Coltrane was far more wily about it.

Coltrane, to take the starting spot from starting tailback Rudell Small, allegedly planted 20 ounces of marijuana in his dorm.

http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/10/weedweedweed.jpg

Small had been arrested and charged with possession of the illegal substance last Thursday after the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office received a tip that they would find the marijuana in his room on campus. Small was arrested and jailed that night, and JU suspended him from school and the team's game last Saturday against Davidson.

Small maintained his innocence when first confronted with the charges. In JU's investigation into the matter, Coltrane was questioned, and on Tuesday, he confessed to planting the drugs in Small's room for undisclosed reasons, school officials said. Small confirmed to the Ocala Star-Banner that Coltrane had confessed.

Bearkat
10-04-2007, 11:41 AM
:eek: WOW

rundoe
10-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
Real Backups Frame The Starters

Remember the backup punter at UNC who stabbed the starter?

Some backups on minor college football teams are crude in their attempts to earn the starting spot, resorting to stabbing the starters. Jacksonville University running back Cecil Coltrane was far more wily about it.

Coltrane, to take the starting spot from starting tailback Rudell Small, allegedly planted 20 ounces of marijuana in his dorm.

Small had been arrested and charged with possession of the illegal substance last Thursday after the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office received a tip that they would find the marijuana in his room on campus. Small was arrested and jailed that night, and JU suspended him from school and the team's game last Saturday against Davidson.

Small maintained his innocence when first confronted with the charges. In JU's investigation into the matter, Coltrane was questioned, and on Tuesday, he confessed to planting the drugs in Small's room for undisclosed reasons, school officials said. Small confirmed to the Ocala Star-Banner that Coltrane had confessed.

Good Grief. Another reason desipline should start at home. But I got a question. Are we supposed to believe that Small never noticed the plants in his room?

3afan
10-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
Good Grief. Another reason desipline should start at home. But I got a question. Are we supposed to believe that Small never noticed the plants in his room?

they were probably somewhat concealed ...

luvhoops34
10-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Wouldn't they have had some kind of odor?

big daddy russ
10-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Wouldn't they have had some kind of odor?
Have you ever been inside a boys' athletic dorm? LOL.

luvhoops34
10-04-2007, 12:24 PM
I didn't think of that....:p

Ranger Mom
10-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Have you ever been inside a boys' athletic dorm? LOL.

That is an excellent point! I never have, but I assume it probably smells somewhat like the locker rooms??

burnet44
10-04-2007, 12:48 PM
sometimes worse
food is usually involved too lol

Ranger Mom
10-04-2007, 12:55 PM
sometimes worse
food is usually involved too lol

I can't hardly imagine anything worse!!

I am helping decorate the locker rooms at the first of November, I am already dreading it!!

Hopefully, since the locker rooms are brand new this year, the smell won't have permeated so badly!!:D :D

crzyjournalist03
10-04-2007, 01:55 PM

Is it just me, or do those leaves look eerily like a fake Christmas tree branch?