PDA

View Full Version : 3:10 to Yuma (1957 version) on Encore Westerns this Month (October, 2007)!!

Phil C
10-04-2007, 11:24 AM
I know some of you have seen the new 2007 version and that it is excellent and I am going to see it when I get a chance. But in case none of you have seen the 1957 version you may want to just to make comparisons plus it is a very good western also even though it is old. Van Heflin is very good as Dan and Glenn Ford is good as Ben. Henry Jones also does a good performance as the town drunk and Frankie Lane sings a great title song.

The movie is showing on October 4th at 7 P.M. You have several more chances on Saturday October13 at 11:35 P.M. and 7 P.M. and again on Sunday morning October 14th at 3:15 A.M. The times may not be convenient for you but you can set those recorders and watch it later. This channel shows this movie fairly regularly.

As I mentioned it is a very good western and if you haven't seen it you are in for a treat. Enjoy!

KTA
10-04-2007, 03:31 PM
I was born in Yuma (got here as soon as possible) :D

Phil C
10-08-2007, 03:49 PM
This is the them song by Frankie Lane. It is the first two minutes of the movie when they showed the credits. A beautiful song. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkXDLNRVMxY

KTA
10-08-2007, 05:57 PM
man me and my GF went and watched this movie.....and they didnt EVER show any part of Yuma :mad:

Phil C
10-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by KTA
man me and my GF went and watched this movie.....and they didnt EVER show any part of Yuma :mad:

The thing is KTA the 3:10 to Yuma represents the time the train is to leave for Yuma. Even in the original Yuma is never shown. I understand the letdown. The movie The Carpetbaggers made in the early 60s was not about the Civil War at all!

KTA
10-09-2007, 06:06 PM
The thing is KTA the 3:10 to Yuma represents the time the train is to leave for Yuma.

Well I know this NOW:mad:

The movie was ok at best.....id probably like the original alot better

rundoe
10-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I know some of you have seen the new 2007 version and that it is excellent and I am going to see it when I get a chance. But in case none of you have seen the 1957 version you may want to just to make comparisons plus it is a very good western also even though it is old. Van Heflin is very good as Dan and Glenn Ford is good as Ben. Henry Jones also does a good performance as the town drunk and Frankie Lane sings a great title song.

The movie is showing on October 4th at 7 P.M. You have several more chances on Saturday October13 at 11:35 P.M. and 7 P.M. and again on Sunday morning October 14th at 3:15 A.M. The times may not be convenient for you but you can set those recorders and watch it later. This channel shows this movie fairly regularly.

As I mentioned it is a very good western and if you haven't seen it you are in for a treat. Enjoy!

Watched the new one on DVD Sunday. Thought it was great. Will check out the old on.

rundoe
10-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by KTA

The movie was about getting the bad guy on the 3:10 train TO Yuma, . Not about Yuma.

Besides it was shot in an old western town (movie set) anyway.

KTA
10-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
The movie was about getting the bad guy on the 3:10 train TO Yuma, . Not about Yuma.

Besides it was shot in an old western town (movie set) anyway.

UMMM I KNOW THIS, I WATCHED THE MOVIE

I figured they would atleast show him going to the prison IN Yuma