PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M Midnight Madness

Bulldog_12
10-04-2007, 09:36 AM
For anyone in the area, Maroon Madness is October 12 at 10 p.m. (I know, its not midnight, but whatever) and it will be headlined by, wait for it...............Soulja Boy. I can't wait to see our uber-conservative/white fanbase freakout about superman that hoe. lol

eagles_victory
10-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
For anyone in the area, Maroon Madness is October 12 at 10 p.m. (I know, its not midnight, but whatever) and it will be headlined by, wait for it...............Soulja Boy. I can't wait to see our uber-conservative/white fanbase freakout about superman that hoe. lol thats awesome i wouldnt mind going just to see Soulja Boy

BobcatBenny
10-04-2007, 11:14 AM
That is perfect planning by the Aggies. Go out and get smashed partying on the evening of the 12th. Then Texas Tech will sober you up on the 13th.

Well, planned. :clap:

Bulldog_12
10-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
That is perfect planning by the Aggies. Go out and get smashed partying on the evening of the 12th. Then Texas Tech will sober you up on the 13th.

Well, planned. :clap:

Thankfully the football team will be long gone by then. This is the best move by Texas A&M in a LONG time. This is huge for recruiting and I can't believe it is actually happening.

JT44
10-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Doesn't matter, no Acie Law this year for the Ags

eagles_victory
10-04-2007, 05:05 PM
can just anyone come?

Bull19
10-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by JT44
Doesn't matter, no Acie Law this year for the Ags

a&m's team will still be VERY good this year. definently a top 10 team. they should go pretty deep again this year in the tournament

Bulldog_12
10-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
can just anyone come?

Yeah, public tickets will be available next wednesday.

Soulja Boy info (http://www.aggieathletics.com/pressRelease.php?SID=&PRID=13385)

JR2004
10-04-2007, 08:15 PM
I like rap, but I fail to understand how inviting a rapper is going to be a boost for the school or for recruiting. I read some of TexAgs on this and many newer Aggies seem to feel that bringing in a rapper is big. Kids aren't dumb and I just don't see how this will help. If a kid doesn't want to go there he's not going to change his mind based on a school's ability to bring in a rapper to perform.

Bulldog_12
10-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I like rap, but I fail to understand how inviting a rapper is going to be a boost for the school or for recruiting. I read some of TexAgs on this and many newer Aggies seem to feel that bringing in a rapper is big. Kids aren't dumb and I just don't see how this will help. If a kid doesn't want to go there he's not going to change his mind based on a school's ability to bring in a rapper to perform.

Its all about the shock and awe. When a recruit comes to visit a school and then gets to be around a famous rapper they remember it as a good trip. It is all about being fresh in a recruit's mind. Also, it brings a TON of people from the surrounding area who might not have come out if it was only basketball. It shows what the place is like when it is full. It's great as a recruiting tool. It has nothing to do with the ability to bring in a rapper. It's about showing commitment to a program by dishing out the dollars for it.