PDA

View Full Version : New Celina High School

burnet44
10-03-2007, 10:06 PM
http://www.celinaisd.com/wp-content/uploads/celina-high-school-construction-photo.jpg

VWG
10-04-2007, 08:29 AM
Are they building it big enough for that 4A enrollment in about 4-5 years?
Celina, Prosper, etc... they are going to wind up like Little Elm.

kof96
10-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Celina is going to drop to 1a next year.

Old Tiger
10-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Celina, Prosper, etc... they are going to wind up like Little Elm. Judging by all the land around it they placed it that way so they can add on when the time comes.

BobcatBenny
10-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Can you guess where the new Bobcat Field is going to go?

rundoe
10-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Can you guess where the new Bobcat Field is going to go?

ALASKA?????

block&tackle
10-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Celina, Prosper, etc... they are going to wind up like Little Elm.
I think that it will be closer to 10-12 years. Most of the new growth that is planned in the next 4 years is in Celina's EJT but Prosper's school district. We are averaging about 25 new kids a year at the HS right now - that will grow faster as time goes by but the explosive growth things that you hear are an exageration.

Prosper is a different story. They might be 4A this next time out but if not, they will be next time.

Dominicfrank
10-04-2007, 12:08 PM
I am sure Celina wins in whatever division they are in. You cant stop tradition.

Sweetwater Red
10-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
I am sure Celina wins in whatever division they are in. You cant stop tradition.

Suck up.

Ranger Mom
10-04-2007, 12:18 PM
What is the population of Celina now?? Anyone know??

I was looking for something about Celina a couple of days ago and it brought up their Wikipedia site...I thought this was funny!

Celina (pronounced suh-LYE-nuh) is a town in Collin County, Texas, United States. The population was 1,861 at the 2000 census.

block&tackle
10-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Who knows - I don't. Screwy thing is that the towns' boundaries don't coincide with the school districts' boundaries. Celina ISD is a consolidated district consisting of most of Celina (some go to Prosper, some to McKinney), most of Weston, and the old Alla district which was an old country school near where the new high school is going. The area of Celina ISD is larger than the area for Plano ISD. I would guess that the town of Celina has 3000-4000 and the district probably has 4000-5000. The Fire Marshall told me a couple of weeks ago that several thousand new homes plus some appartment buildings have been approved but that 90% of that will be in the Prosper school district.

Ranger Mom
10-04-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by block&tackle
Who knows - I don't. Screwy thing is that the towns' boundaries don't coincide with the school districts' boundaries. Celina ISD is a consolidated district consisting of most of Celina (some go to Prosper, some to McKinney), most of Weston, and the old Alla district which was an old country school near where the new high school is going. The area of Celina ISD is larger than the area for Plano ISD. I would guess that the town of Celina has 3000-4000 and the district probably has 4000-5000. The Fire Marshall told me a couple of weeks ago that several thousand new homes plus some appartment buildings have been approved but that 90% of that will be in the Prosper school district.

Prosper is where Deion Sanders has that huge pink looking house....isn't it?? Wherever it is, it's about 5 miles from my momma's house!!:p

block&tackle
10-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Prosper is where Deion Sanders has that huge pink looking house....isn't it?? Wherever it is, it's about 5 miles from my momma's house!!:p
Where is your momma's house?

Ranger Mom
10-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by block&tackle
Where is your momma's house?

Probably a mile down 1385 off of 380. Her address is Aubrey, but she has lived there 15 years and I still don't know where Aubrey is...lol!!

block&tackle
10-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Probably a mile down 1385 off of 380. Her address is Aubrey, but she has lived there 15 years and I still don't know where Aubrey is...lol!!
Yeah, head east on 380 about 5 miles, then north on 289 about 3 miles and you can't miss it on the right. He just put in a football field (complete with goal posts) between his house and his pond.

Just another mile and you are in Celina - a friend of mine knew him and sold him that property and I have been giving him a hard time for years - Deion has a couple of sons that could be special football players. "Just another mile north and look what we would have had."