View Full Version : Jasper 34 Newton 27

spiveyrat
10-17-2003, 10:24 PM
FINAL

<small>[ October 17, 2003, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

j_dog
10-17-2003, 10:48 PM
Way to go Dogs! :D :D :D

Newton, you played a hard fought game. Good luck on the rest of the season.

snowsnake
10-18-2003, 09:16 AM
What a game. Well worth the effort, time and the overcrowed conditions. My hats off to Newton High and security for the fine job they did to insure the fans an opportunity to see a great game and not have to worry about being mauled. Great job fellas.
Good luck eagles for the rest of the season!
GO DAWGS!!!

spiveyrat
10-18-2003, 10:48 AM
Well, my prediction for the game, 26-20 (I believe) was about a touchdown shy for each team. Man, you eagles really had me worried down to the wire! Great game! You have nothing to hang your heads about.

fred grunden
10-18-2003, 12:40 PM
It's always a great game when the JDogs win, but this was special. We were underdogs (pun intended) by the rating guys (Harris and company).
You should have seen the electricity in the air, Spiveyrat. Both teams fired up and ready to play. I was proud of our bulldogs for their consistent heads up play all night. We have been known to fumble a lot at in prior games, but we kept that to a minimum last night and it made a difference.
I wish you could have seen Marlon Cook on that 1st
TD drive. He was awesome.

crimson blood
10-18-2003, 01:33 PM
snowsnake, spivey, fred...
mega dittos :D :D :D
certainly one of the best h/s ball games i have ever witnessed with all the excitement in the air.

JasperDog94
10-18-2003, 02:21 PM
fred grunden:
It's always a great game when the JDogs win, but this was special. We were underdogs (pun intended) by the rating guys (Harris and company).
You should have seen the electricity in the air, Spiveyrat. Both teams fired up and ready to play. I was proud of our bulldogs for their consistent heads up play all night. We have been known to fumble a lot at in prior games, but we kept that to a minimum last night and it made a difference.
I wish you could have seen Marlon Cook on that 1st
TD drive. He was awesome.I saw Cook's TD on High School Scoreboard on Fox Sports Southwest. That was a great run. Way to go dawgs!

Wildcat81
10-18-2003, 02:24 PM
Well was it worth the money and the drive? :D :D

j_dog
10-18-2003, 05:40 PM
Wildcat81:
Well was it worth the money and the drive? :D :D And we kept our promise to you! :D (i.e. Beat Newton.)

Old Green
10-18-2003, 06:32 PM
On High School extra last night , they had highlights if the Jasper-Newton game. It highlighted a very large runninback for Jasper.

Was that Marlon Cook running the ball for a td. If that was him then he is hughe. He just mashed the defenders as he ran over them.

Just how big is he and whats his speed in the forty?

Whiskers
10-18-2003, 06:36 PM
I know that he weighs in about 245, but im not real sure on his exact 40 time. He doesn't need to be too quick though. All he has to do is run over a few and that should scare the rest.

holdem
10-18-2003, 07:28 PM
He's only about 5'6" or 5'7" so it's hard to hit him low. He's like a fire hydrant. I don't know what his 40 time is, but for the first 15-20 yards he's plenty fast enough. He doesn't run like he's 245+, but he is. I say let him have another biscuit if he wants one. :D

Old Green
10-18-2003, 09:29 PM
I could tell from the film clip that he was a handful. A guy like him is hard to control. Good luck Jasper.

j_dog
10-19-2003, 10:41 PM
Old Green:
On High School extra last night , they had highlights if the Jasper-Newton game. It highlighted a very large runninback for Jasper.

Was that Marlon Cook running the ball for a td. If that was him then he is hughe. He just mashed the defenders as he ran over them.

Just how big is he and whats his speed in the forty?He is the guy many Jasper folks have been alluding to. He is not a newbie. He played quite a bit as a sophmore and as a junior. In fact, he scored Jasper's only TD against Bay City in the 4a QF's year before last. He was perhaps overlooked by the public last year because there were so many other big Jasper players.

He was listed in Rivals list of the top 20 Texas "fullbacks" before the season this year. Actually, I thought his height is more like 5-10. Regardless, he is obviously a handful to stop; and a joy to watch if you are a Jasper fan. I don't know his speed, but he surely doesn't look slow when he is running with the ball. One of the funniest footballs things I ever saw was seeing him jump over an opposing player who was on the ground and continue unchecked on his way for a TD.

Old No. 7
10-20-2003, 08:11 AM
Congrat.s to the Dogs!!! That was the best,hard hitting game i watched all year. It's always exciting when two great teams meet but sad because someone has to loose. Eagles yall played a heck of game and we look forward to hosting you friday night.

southern_thunder
10-20-2003, 08:13 AM
holdem:
He's only about 5'6" or 5'7" so it's hard to hit him low. He's like a fire hydrant. I don't know what his 40 time is, but for the first 15-20 yards he's plenty fast enough. He doesn't run like he's 245+, but he is. I say let him have another biscuit if he wants one. :D Actually he is 5'8" about 260 lbs and runs a 4.8 40.

crimson blood
10-20-2003, 10:59 AM
if anyone out there knows physics, that is just plain scary to see coming around the end turning up field into a 165 lb cornerback :mad:

i watched him take a full shot in the backfield from one, shrug his forearm like i might shake off a biting mosquito and run for 20 more yards before being gang-tackled. eek!

duckbutter
10-20-2003, 11:20 AM
I saw Mr Cook take several hard shots and keep on rolling, no pun intended. As long as you can hit him before he starts down hill you have a chance, but once he squares up, all you can do is wrap up and wait for help.

Reveille
10-20-2003, 11:39 AM
Crimson, there was a guy West Brook used back around 1983 who was a little taller than Cook, but the same build. His name was Jerry Ball. That is almost unfair to have guys like that in the backfield.