PDA

View Full Version : How to send a private message

luvhoops34
10-03-2007, 10:55 AM
What is Private Messaging?
If the administrator has enabled the Private Messaging system, registered members may send each other private messages.

Sending Private Messages

Private messages work a little like email, but are limited to registered members of this board. You may be able to include vB Code, smilies and images in private messages that you send.

You may send a private message to a member of this board by clicking the 'Send A Private Message' link in the private messaging section of your user control panel, or by clicking the button in a member's posts.

When you send a message, you have the option to save a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.

Private Message Folders

By default, you will have two folders in your private message area. These are the Inbox and the Sent Items folders.

The Inbox folder contains any new messages you receive, and allows you to view all the messages you have received, along with the name of the person who sent the message to you, and the date and time the message was sent.

The Sent Items folder contains a copy of any messages that you have sent, where you have specified that you wish to keep a copy of the message for future reference.

You may create additional folders for your messages by clicking the 'Edit Folders' link.

Each folder has a set of message controls which allow you to select messages, then either move them to one of your custom folders, or delete them completely. You may also have a button which allows you to forward multiple messages from a folder to another member of the board.

You will need to periodically delete old messages, as the administrator has probably set a limit to the number of private messages you can have in your folders. If you exceed the number of messages specified by the administrator, you will not be able to send or receive new messages until you delete some old messages.

Whenever you read a message, you will have the option to reply to the message, or forward that message to another member of the board. You may also have the ability to forward that message to multiple members of your buddy list.

crzyjournalist03
10-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
The Inbox folder...allows you to view all the messages you have received, along with the name of the person who sent the message to you, and the date and time the message was sent.

LIES I tell you! LIES!!!!

They disappear sometimes!!!

3afan
10-03-2007, 12:07 PM
why the lesson?

rundoe
10-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the lesson, I sent you one.:D

luvhoops34
10-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
Thanks for the lesson, I sent you one.:D

And I received it, thank you very much.:D

luvhoops34
10-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
why the lesson?

Because some folks on here are pm impaired. Just trying to help out. :D

crzyjournalist03
10-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
why the lesson?

check out the fashion thread...

Old Tiger
10-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Why should everything be taken up in a PM?:thinking:

DaHop72
10-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Why should everything be taken up in a PM?:thinking: Maybe because somethings aren't everybody's business.:thinking: :thinking:

Old Tiger
10-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim
luv hoops - when did you start cussing in your posts? It's a t-shirt not a t-sh*t. Man could I possibly be moderator material???????? That is the post in question with her. She had grammatical error and someone posted it publically and embarrased her.

pirate4state
10-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Maybe because somethings aren't everybody's business.:thinking: :thinking: and you think PMs stop people from butting in??? HA!

rangerjim
10-03-2007, 04:00 PM
It'll stop me since I'm the one who posted the mispelling and had no idea what a pm is/was. I am now enlightened to the ways of "pm"s'ing if you will (of course I am I live with 5 women).

Thanks luvhoops and actually did just send you a pm. enjoy!

Go Cubs

rundoe
10-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
and you think PMs stop people from butting in??? HA!

I NEVER Butt In.

rundoe
10-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim
It'll stop me since I'm the one who posted the mispelling and had no idea what a pm is/was. I am now enlightened to the ways of "pm"s'ing if you will (of course I am I live with 5 women).

Thanks luvhoops and actually did just send you a pm. enjoy!

Go Cubs

She won't pm me back. must be mad at me. :(

super1
10-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.....:eek:

luvhoops34
10-03-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by super1
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.....:eek:

And how would you know about that subject?:D

super1
10-03-2007, 10:30 PM