PDA

View Full Version : 2007-08 State Farm Lone Star Showdown Between Texas & Texas A&M!

Phil C
10-03-2007, 10:45 AM
It starts tonight when the two teams play volleyball at College Station for 1/2 point. The Lady Aggies are tough at home but I think UT will win this one. The game starts at 6:30 and is on ESPNU.

There are also three more points available in October.

One is for soccer when the two teams meet again in College Station on Oct. 12. Texas is ranked No. 2 and the Lady Aggies are also highly ranked. Since the game is at College Station I think they (Lady Aggies) will win this. If they don't the Aggies are in trouble as far as this year's Lone Star Showdown competition goes. This is the one point they can't afford to not get.

Two more points are available in Men and Women's Cross Country Track and Field to be held in Lubbock on October 26.

Regarding Men's Track and Field Cross Country I think UT will take it as they have in the past but it will be closer than it has been.

Regarding Women's Track and Field Cross Country I think UT will take it this year. The Lady Aggies have won it the past three years but this year UT has a talented young team that I have personally seen run and I think UT can edge the Lady Aggies out.

Phil C
10-04-2007, 09:40 AM
As expected last night Texas won the Volleyball game and leads in the competition now 0.5 to 0. UT won it 3 - 0. The Lady Aggies have a good team and don't be fooled because the three games were all competitive with scores of 30 - 25, 30 - 28 and 30 -25. I knew it would be a tough match and even though I expected UT to win I didn't really think it would be a sweep. The Lady Aggies kept fighting in all their games. This was a good match for UT because it gets them ready to play in the playoffs in hostile environments and the Aggies were really ready to support their team. One thing also the Lady Horns saw was that the Lady Aggies kept fighting and never gave up.

lakers
10-04-2007, 04:11 PM
PUH!!!
Who cares....GO RED RAIDERS!!!!!
:tongue: :devil:

JJ7997
10-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by lakers
PUH!!!
Who cares....GO RED RAIDERS!!!!!
:tongue: :devil:

When Tech can actually beat the Longhorns at anything like the Aggies can do, then feel free to come back and talk smack.