PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Player of the Week (Week 4)

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Try not to be a homer... :)

Henry Solis, Palacios - 34 carries, 219 yds, 4 TD's in the win over Victoria St. Joseph

Joseph Vela, Rio Hondo - 13 carries, 90 yds, 2 TD's, 7/8 (1 int) passes, 96 yds, 1 TD, 1 tackle in the win over Raymondville

Troy Ruiz, Cuero - 2 rushing TD's of 9 & 40 yds in the win over La Vernia

pirate4state
10-03-2007, 04:27 PM
ttt

Gobbla2001
10-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Henry "The Workhorse" Solis...

is it just me, or are we having a "hispanic last name" themed poll?

Felicitaciones, Sr. Solis. Usted es un caballo para los tiburones de Palacios y sus números esta demostración de la semana él a ser hecho. Continúe el buen trabajo, apenas no contra el Cuero Gobblers...

footballgal
10-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Henry "The Workhorse" Solis...

is it just me, or are we having a "hispanic last name" themed poll?

You say that like if it's a bad thing. I hadn't even noticed it until you brought it up.

Bull Butter
10-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
You say that like it's a bad thing. I hadn't even noticed it until you brought it up.

Good point, I hadn't noticed it either.

rundoe
10-03-2007, 07:26 PM
oooop's mis read . Thought you said BE a Homer!!!!!

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u159/Teako1983/Homer.jpg

MMMMMMMM, PANTHERS!!!!

Johnny 5
10-03-2007, 09:22 PM
:clap:

Gobbla2001
10-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
You say that like if it's a bad thing. I hadn't even noticed it until you brought it up.

Just an obvious observation...

bad thing? uhmmmmm no... I said it like someone who was bringing up that these were hispanic last names haha...

don't go diggin' too much into what I say, ever, because you just might dig past where my point is located, which I never really have one anyway ha...

however it is the first time I have noticed it...

I guess we should just post their first names from now on?

Johnny 5
10-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Just an obvious observation...

bad thing? uhmmmmm no... I said it like someone who was bringing up that these were hispanic last names haha...

don't go diggin' too much into what I say, ever, because you just might dig past where my point is located, which I never really have one anyway ha...

however it is the first time I have noticed it...

I guess we should just post their first names from now on?

Then we will end up with Juan, Jose, and Antonio :D

Gobbla2001
10-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
Then we will end up with Juan, Jose, and Antonio :D

How about Henry, Troy and Joseph?

I would have thought Henry was black (just cuz I work with a black guy named henry... and because of henry, I would have also guessed Mr. Solis had dreadlocks)...

I would have thought Troy was white, because I've only known white troys...

And I would have thought Joseph was whatever color they were in the bible...... holding a staff....... wearing some cloth....

Gobbla2001
10-03-2007, 10:21 PM

And I would have thought Joseph was whatever color they were in the bible...... holding a staff....... wearing some cloth....

And lookin' at ole joseph's numbers a second time, I'm kinda wonderin' if I shoulda voted for him instead...

I didn't know they played football in the bible :confused:

footballgal
10-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Well since you brought it up; I just noticed all the hometowns for each player, are also spanish names. :)

rundoe
10-04-2007, 02:34 AM
what the heck does race have to do with this anyway? Ever think that the kids step father may have adopted them, or that the come from interracial marriages? It's irrevalant to the issues of how well they do on the football field.

Gobbla2001
10-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
what the heck does race have to do with this anyway? Ever think that the kids step father may have adopted them, or that the come from interracial marriages? It's irrevalant to the issues of how well they do on the football field.

exactly, I didn't say "is it just me, or are they all hispanics"... I said "hispanic last names"... correct?

man if we can't have a little fun (not degrading fun for just one race) with race then let's just all blow ourselves up...

Johnny 5
10-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by rundoe

All in good fun :D