PDA

View Full Version : Region I Player of the Week (Week 4)

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2007, 06:50 AM
Try not to be a homer... :)

Case McCoy, Graham - 16/21 passing, 265 yds, 3 TD's in the win over Monahans

Curtis Kevil, Clyde - 148 yds rushing, 5 TD's, 70+ yds receiving in the win over Vernon

Chase Arrendale, Snyder - 10 carries, 175 yds, 2 TD's in the win over Lubbock Cooper

Sweetwater Red
10-03-2007, 08:15 AM
In my case I voted for who had the strongest opponent.:D

wtxfootball08
10-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Try not to be a homer... :)

Case McCoy, Graham - 16/21 passing, 265 yds, 3 TD's in the win over Monahans

Curtis Kevil, Clyde - 148 yds rushing, 5 TD's, 70+ yds receiving in the win over Vernon

Chase Arrendale, Snyder - 10 carries, 175 yds, 2 TD's in the win over Lubbock Cooper

Sorry Panther mom i posted those stats for kevil he actually had six td's

xeagle10
10-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Justin unger should be on there he had 10 catches and 180 yards and 4 tds 2 rec and 2 rushing.

Sweetwater Red
10-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by xeagle10
Justin unger should be on there he had 10 catches and 180 yards and 4 tds 2 rec and 2 rushing.

You should have nominated him. Anybody can do it.

Cameron Crazy
10-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
You should have nominated him. Anybody can do it. Yup. But those stats don't really add up to the ones nominated.:thinking:

GWOOD
10-03-2007, 04:27 PM

Yes, he should have been nominated. Impressive stats.

Sweetwater Red
10-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Yup. But those stats don't really add up to the ones nominated.:thinking:

He has the same stats as the Snyder kid with two more TD's.

GWOOD
10-03-2007, 04:36 PM

And a very good baseball player so I probably would have voted for him.

Stownhorse
10-03-2007, 04:46 PM
I voted for not voting....so I didnt

xeagle10
10-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Yup. But those stats don't really add up to the ones nominated.:thinking: Are you serious about that.

Cameron Crazy
10-03-2007, 06:00 PM
yes, im being serious. :thinking:

KTA
10-03-2007, 06:19 PM
I like what Case did, but the Clyde kid had 1 hell of a game.

Cameron Crazy
10-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by KTA
I like what Case did, but the Clyde kid had 1 hell of a game. True, both played well.

PlayaJBiehl20
10-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Guess I'll be a homer, Ill go with Curtis.

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Awww, man! Sounds like he had a great game! Maybe next week. :)

GetRDoneStangs
10-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Tough choice....But will go with...Right Turn...Clyde!!!!( er...Curtis...Sorry!!)

Speaking of Clyde....

Should be one heck of a match up the Stangs in a few weeks over in Clyde!!

I can't wait to eat at the Pizza House in Clyde...really good crust!!!!!!! Awesome Pizza!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Snydertigersrul
10-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Tough choice....But will go with...Right Turn...Clyde!!!!

Speaking of Clyde....

Should be one heck of a match up the Stangs in a few weeks over in Clyde!!

I can't wait to eat at the Pizza House in Clyde...really good crust!!!!!!! Awesome Pizza!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Wow, what a p layer with a majority of his yards against 2A defenses.

Cameron Crazy
10-03-2007, 08:37 PM
There is a donation jar at the concession stand for a new stadium.

That stadium is rediculous with the size, they really need to upgrade.

We had to have people stand on the rails and everywhere else.

lakers
10-03-2007, 08:37 PM
be nice, he cant help that Clyde schedules games against smaller schools. (actually schools that are their size) What does it matter, it is preseason anyway...:p

Snydertigersrul
10-03-2007, 08:39 PM
There is a donation jar at the concession stand for a new stadium.

That stadium is rediculous with the size, they really need to upgrade.

We had to have people stand on the rails and everywhere else.

The football stadium is more 1A caliber. They have a nice baseball and softball diamonds and a modern basketball facility, why not a new football stadium?

GetRDoneStangs
10-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul

And you think we should not acept Will Clay as PLayer of the Game vs 2A Marlin??? (Sammy Baugh Classic)

The fact of tha matter is Clay will get a plaque and a scholarship from a game that he had great numnbers vs a 2A school??

So what was ur question????

Cameron Crazy
10-03-2007, 08:40 PM
The football stadium is more 1A caliber. They have a nice baseball and softball diamonds and a modern basketball facility, why not a new football stadium? Yeah, more like 6 man caliber. The sidelines are going to get someone killed being that close to the field.

lakers
10-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Yeah that stadium is tiny. It is pretty cool bein so close to the action though.
You should see it when Wylie has to play at Clyde. They have to bring in portable bleachers and it still isnt enough seating.
The only good thing about the field is that they usually have good turf compared to some places with nicer stadiums.

Snydertigersrul
10-03-2007, 08:42 PM
And you think we should not acept Will Clay as PLayer of the Game vs 2A Marlin??? (Sammy Baugh Classic)

The fact of tha matter is Clay will get a plaque and a scholarship from a game that he had great numnbers vs a 2A school??

So what was ur question????

Marlin is a 3A school who managed to beat the numbers at the last realighment. If you check the schedule, two 4A schools were two of the other opponets, plus two traditional 3A programs, one who is down on their luck this year.

Snydertigersrul
10-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by lakers
Yeah that stadium is tiny. It is pretty cool bein so close to the action though.
You should see it when Wylie has to play at Clyde. They have to bring in portable bleachers and it still isnt enough seating.
The only good thing about the field is that they usually have good turf compared to some places with nicer stadiums.

I remember it being as hard as a rock and working on gravel from the field back to the parking lot.

lakers
10-03-2007, 08:46 PM
I remember it being as hard as a rock and working on gravel from the field back to the parking lot.
yeah i said usually

lakers
10-03-2007, 08:48 PM
the last few years it has been pretty nice. if u wanna see bad, then u should make a trip up to burkburnett

GetRDoneStangs
10-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Marlin is a 3A school who managed to beat the numbers at the last realighment. If you check the schedule, two 4A schools were two of the other opponets, plus two traditional 3A programs, one who is down on their luck this year.

Last time I checked the UIL,..Marlin was a 2A school....I don't care what u say... Snyder went 1-1 vs Marlin the last 2 years... Am I right????

This isn't a Bad thing....Marlin is very good and is not afraid to travel!!!!Or play anyone ...anywhere!!!!

They traveled an extra 140 miles to play Snyder in the Sammy Baugh Classic...Marlin is not afraid to travel!...

lakers
10-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Here is a question for all the 3a down low guru's.
What ever happened to Dee Walker from Snyder???:thinking:

Snydertigersrul
10-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Last time I checked the UIL,..Marlin was a 2A school....I don't care what u say... Snyder went 1-1 vs Marlin the last 2 years... Am I right????

This isn't a Bad thing....Marlin is very good and is not afraid to travel!!!!Or play anyone ...anywhere!!!!

They traveled an extra 140 miles to play Snyder in the Sammy Baugh Classic...Marlin is not afraid to travel!...

I didn't say that they were a bad team. A good 2A central or east Texas team can match any 3A, some 4A schools in West Texas

DaHop72
10-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Here is a question for all the 3a down low guru's.
What ever happened to Dee Walker from Snyder???:thinking: West Texas A&M @Canyon

GetRDoneStangs
10-03-2007, 09:02 PM
I didn't say that they were a bad team. A good 2A central or east Texas team can match any 3A, some 4A schools in West Texas

So what u are telling me is ...if a player is given 3A player of the week honors vs. a 2A team it is ok??

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2007, 09:06 PM
So what u are telling me is ...if a player is given 3A player of the week honors vs. a 2A team it is ok??
Only if it's a Snyder player.......otherwise it doesn't count. :rolleyes:

lakers
10-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
West Texas A&M @Canyon
Really, i got a buddy that is a lineman up there.
what is his classification, do u know?

KTA
10-03-2007, 09:08 PM

Last time I checked he got the player of the week award because of his stats for this last game.

Where were they when we played them? (I know we would of filled them!!!)

DaHop72
10-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Only if it's a Snyder player.......otherwise it doesn't count. :rolleyes: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:kiss: :kiss:

DaHop72
10-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Really, i got a buddy that is a lineman up there.
what is his classification, do u know? Junior by class, sophomore in football.

lakers
10-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Junior by class, sophomore in football.
thanx, i always wondered what happened to him.
West texas has some really good talent for a division 2 school. there current running back is good, i was told that 3 or 4 of their starting lineman are getting heavily recruited by nfl scouts.