PDA

View Full Version : Bush to veto children's health legislation today

KTA
10-03-2007, 02:40 AM
http://kswo.com/Global/story.asp?S=7161183

KTA
10-03-2007, 02:41 AM
I dont mean for this to be a "political post" so if yall take it this way feel free to delete it.....I just thought it was something important everybody with kids should know about.

Phil C
10-03-2007, 09:01 AM
:eek: :( :mad:

big daddy russ
10-03-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm with him on this one. Don't like the idea of the government tinkering in private medicine at all. Sounds great at face value, but leads to all kinds of problems down the road.

Sure, it was bipartisan and it sounds good to the general public on the surface, but read up on the actual bill before coming to an decision. Weigh the eventual consequences against the benefits and make an informed decision. Every social policy that's been passed in this country's history sounds good to the masses at face value, and this bill is another one. But it doesn't mean that the bill is all cherries and smiles in the long run, and it was not geared towards any particular income bracket, so the money that the government would've spent on the measure would've been outrageous.

This veto will no doubt drop the President's approval even more than it already is, but I think this move is one that he felt needed to be made even though it directly opposed his own party and political leanings.

I'm not saying that you have to agree with me, I'm just asking that you make more than a knee-jerk reaction to this policy. Look at the consequences of doing or not doing it.

STANG RED
10-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Well said big daddy. Socialized medical care in any form is not the answer, but many cant see the negative consequeces. Too bad.

Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'm with him on this one. Don't like the idea of the government tinkering in private medicine at all. Sounds great at face value, but leads to all kinds of problems down the road.

Sure, it was bipartisan and it sounds good to the general public on the surface, but read up on the actual bill before coming to an decision. Weigh the eventual consequences against the benefits and make an informed decision. Every social policy that's been passed in this country's history sounds good to the masses at face value, and this bill is another one. But it doesn't mean that the bill is all cherries and smiles in the long run, and it was not geared towards any particular income bracket, so the money that the government would've spent on the measure would've been outrageous.

This veto will no doubt drop the President's approval even more than it already is, but I think this move is one that he felt needed to be made even though it directly opposed his own party and political leanings.

I'm not saying that you have to agree with me, I'm just asking that you make more than a knee-jerk reaction to this policy. Look at the consequences of doing or not doing it.

BobcatBenny
10-03-2007, 09:24 AM
TBD (To Be Deleted) :D

UPanIN
10-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by KTA
[url]Bush to veto children's health legislation today

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Macarthur
10-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

So you don't think the government is armpit deep in healthcare now?

BobcatBenny
10-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Well, I stood in line at the DPS office today.

I have stood in line at the Pharamacy at Walmart.

I would not wish either on anyone.

But if I were to have my druthers. Give me Walmart anytime.

Imagine a pharmacy run like the DPS office. VETO that thing!

STANG RED
10-03-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
So you don't think the government is armpit deep in healthcare now?

Yes, and they need to get out of it before they screw it up as badly as they have welfare and social security. People need to learn to stand on their own two feet, but that is never going to happen if the government is always going to come along and bail them out.

BobcatBenny
10-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Well, it is a done deal. So I guess there is no further need to discuss.

Macarthur
10-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Yes, and they need to get out of it before they screw it up as badly as they have welfare and social security. People need to learn to stand on their own two feet, but that is never going to happen if the government is always going to come along and bail them out.

Do you have any parents or grandparents on Medicare?

pirate4state
10-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Well, it is a done deal. So I guess there is no further need to discuss. Yeah right...LOL

pirate4state
10-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by KTA
I dont mean for this to be a "political post" so if yall take it this way feel free to delete it.....I just thought it was something important everybody with kids should know about. Fair enough. I don't think it needs to be deleted, but we don't really need to discuss it and we can keep it up for informational/news type of deal.