PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech LB

burnet44
10-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Texas Tech LB arrested on marijuana charge

04:35 PM CDT on Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Associated Press

LUBBOCK, Texas – Texas Tech linebacker Kellen Tillman was arrested on a marijuana possession charge, two days after being suspended for the Red Raiders' last game.

Tillman, a 23-year-old senior who played at Plano West, posted $750 bond on a Class B misdemeanor charge of possession of under 2 ounces of pot and was released shortly after his arrest late Monday, the same day his suspension from the team was lifted.

Tillman, a starter, had 21 tackles and a sack in Texas Tech's first four games.

It wasn't clear Tuesday why Tillman was benched for Texas Tech's 75-7 victory against Northwestern State. Coach Mike Leach didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.

According to police, an officer walked up to one of two cars stopped in the center turn lane of a street and saw what he believed to be marijuana. Tillman, the only person in the car, was arrested at the scene, Lubbock police Lt. Scott Hudgens said.

It appeared the two cars had been involved in a minor traffic accident, Hudgens said.

If convicted, Tillman faces up to 180 days in jail and a $2,000 fine.

raider red 2000
10-02-2007, 08:23 PM
sounds like some raiders want to be like the Horns just a lil too much.

luvhoops34
10-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Why would you drive around with pot in your car? That's like asking to get pulled over. So he had a wreck and the cop saw pot or smelled it? duh:doh:

JR2004
10-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Happened in Lubbock. Won't get too much pub.

rundoe
10-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
sounds like some raiders want to be like the Horns just a lil too much.

Makes you think, does this start in college? Should we be more aware as parents and not just football fans.

rundoe
10-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Why would you drive around with pot in your car? That's like asking to get pulled over. So he had a wreck and the cop saw pot or smelled it? duh:doh:

I can't get political here in the downlow, but the police no longer need a reason to search your car. Anyone that wants more info on this can email me at rundoe@aol.com and I'll direct you to the website where this is explained.

BobcatBenny
10-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Ahhh Huhhh Huhhh! Leave Texas Tech Alone! Right Now!

GoStafford
10-02-2007, 10:19 PM
eh, i think leach is out at the end of the season

BobcatBenny
10-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by GoStafford
eh, i think leach is out at the end of the season

Really? Who would Tech bring in to replace a guy that beats A&M year in and year out and actually wins bowl games?

I would not be for that unless they wanted to hire Butch Ford and then I would not be for that because Coach Ford is not leaving Celina.

Perhaps Coach Vance from Liberty Hill?

Why am I fixated on 3A coaches for Tech? Because Tech operates with a smaller pool of talent and has to win with that smaller pool.

And . . . as rumor has it, I hear they are good at recruiting. j/k :D

That would be Gilmer's coach! :D

rundoe
10-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Really? Who would Tech bring in to replace a guy that beats A&M year in and year out and actually wins bowl games?

I would not be for that unless they wanted to hire Butch Ford and then I would not be for that because Coach Ford is not leaving Celina.

Perhaps Coach Vance from Liberty Hill?

Why am I fixated on 3A coaches for Tech? Because Tech operates with a smaller pool of talent and has to win with that smaller pool.

And . . . as rumor has it, I hear they are good at recruiting. j/k :D

That would be Gilmer's coach! :D

Naw, Tech throws the ball. Vance grinds it out. You just don't want to run up against us again. Panther Ball!!!!!!!!

rundoe
10-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Ahhh Huhhh Huhhh! Leave Texas Tech Alone! Right Now!

Gig Em Aggies!!!!!

BobcatBenny
10-02-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
Naw, Tech throws the ball. Vance grinds it out. You just don't want to run up against us again. Panther Ball!!!!!!!!
Tech fans could get used to the tricky hide the ball offense.

RMAC
10-03-2007, 12:28 AM

I wouldn't like that. I love our games because all you see is passes all day long. I love them. If we became a running team I'd probably shoot myself.

BobcatBenny
10-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
I wouldn't like that. I love our games because all you see is passes all day long. I love them. If we became a running team I'd probably shoot myself.
I know, I am just humoring GoStafford and teasing the LH fans.

88bobcats
10-03-2007, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
Makes you think, does this start in college? Should we be more aware as parents and not just football fans.

I'd be willing to bet it's happening at almost every high school. If you're not already checking, you should be.....

rundoe
10-03-2007, 06:20 AM
Ah HA!!! So you admit it works!!!!

rundoe
10-03-2007, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
I'd be willing to bet it's happening at almost every high school. If you're not already checking, you should be.....

I agree 100%

Old Tiger
10-03-2007, 06:44 AM
ESPN

Everyone
Smokes
Pot
Now

To think it's not in high schools every where or even junior highs you are naive. IMO the government should legalize it but put an age limit. The ammount of drugs that are flowing in Texas is rediculous, all over the US for the fact of the matter. Marijuana is already legal in Denver, Colorado. The are quoted as saying "it is a safer alternative for late nights than drinking."

Policies about it in Colorado
Legal to possess less than an ounce
Must be used in private and not for distribution

All you have to do is put a tax on it so the government can make their money too.

Hill Man
10-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34

Now you why they call it DOPE. :doh: