PDA

View Full Version : Nasty rumor I heard today at work

KTA
10-02-2007, 06:46 PM
I heard Grahams star RB *********** isnt doing so well in class and will be sitting out for 3 weeks? Anybody else heard anything different? I dont believe this, but is there any truth to it?

Let's leave players' names off.......lhpm

Emerson1
10-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by KTA
I heard Grahams star RB ******** isnt doing so well in class and will be sitting out for 3 weeks? Anybody else heard anything different? I dont believe this, but is there any truth to it?
I don't think so. The end of the first 6 weeks isn't until the 12th and all schools started the same week almost this year with that new law. Progress reports can only make you re-eligible.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-02-2007, 07:56 PM
You work???

Pmoney
10-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I don't think so. The end of the first 6 weeks isn't until the 12th and all schools started the same week almost this year with that new law. Progress reports can only make you re-eligible.
our six weeks end this friday

Roll'em up
10-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Yep, this Friday is the end of the six weeks if you started school on Aug 20. However, ineligibility will not begin until the next Friday after school ends. There is week from reporting to uneligibility.

wildstangs
10-02-2007, 08:05 PM
AISD first six weeks also ends this Friday, the 5th.

Emerson1
10-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Oh, I thought schools couldn't start until 27th. This is pretty bad on him and the coaches. Come friday though he will be passing everything.

wildstangs
10-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Oh, I thought schools couldn't start until 27th. This is pretty bad on him and the coaches. Come friday though he will be passing everything.

IF a player is failing, it isn't a guarantee a teacher will pass him. Seems like this happened at Graham a couple of years ago as well. Some teachers have bad thoughts about athletics, and would love to try and bring a team down.

Emerson1
10-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
IF a player is failing, it isn't a guarantee a teacher will pass him. Seems like this happened at Graham a couple of years ago as well. Some teachers have bad thoughts about athletics, and would love to try and bring a team down.
I'm not saying they will change his grades because of who he is. I see people all the time with 40's on Wednsday and passing with a 75 on Friday by just turning in a bunch of late work. Might be hard for them if Graham has teachers that bad.

lakers
10-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Geez I hope it isnt true.
That can really bring a teams morale.

3afan
10-02-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You work???

:D

westcoast54
10-02-2007, 09:22 PM

It did happen. I was at Gainesville in 04 and we played them in the first round of the playoffs. Starting QB failed and they were not the same team. Things really went down hill for them when the second teamer got hurt during the game. Of course things went down hill for us the next week when we lost to Decatur...for the second time.

KTA
10-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Im starting to lean towards believing this MIGHT have some truth to it because nobody from Graham has said anything to deny it. I hope it aint true, but im glad we do have Sparks back there as well (in case there is some truth to this).

GoStafford
10-02-2007, 10:21 PM
love these posts

Snydertigersrul
10-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Im starting to lean towards believing this MIGHT have some truth to it because nobody from Graham has said anything to deny it. I hope it aint true, but im glad we do have Sparks back there as well (in case there is some truth to this).

I hope that is not true because we want to beat you at full strength so that you have NO EXCUSES.

Cameron Crazy
10-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
I hope that is not true because we want to beat you at full strength so that you have NO EXCUSES. This is rediculous.

lakers
10-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Are you kidding, what would 3a down low be without people making excuses.

KTA
10-02-2007, 11:07 PM
I wasnt trying to bash the player, just wanting to know if the rumor was true or not.

FYI: ITS NOT :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

KTA
10-02-2007, 11:23 PM
1 more time!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PlayaJBiehl20
10-02-2007, 11:44 PM

There are definately teachers like that, but most teachers I've dealt with will help you out if you put forth the work.

MarginalTalent
10-03-2007, 12:22 AM
From one of the team's members: "Only one player not eligible and he is not a starter." Sounds like the RB is okay.