PDA

View Full Version : Franchione

burnet44
10-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Franchione: 'I have no intention of resigning'

01:36 PM CDT on Tuesday, October 2, 2007

By BRIAN DAVIS / The Dallas Morning News
brdavis@dallasnews.com

COLLEGE STATION, Texas – Dennis Franchione made a defiant stand during Tuesday's news conference inside the Bright Football Complex and said he would not resign as head coach at Texas A&M.

At noon Tuesday, the entire football team filed into Hagner Auditorium in a planned show of support.

Franchione seemed caught off caught as he entered the room to the players' applause. He stepped to the podium and said he wanted to read a statement, "so I don't make any mistakes."

"The last few days have produced many rumors and some misguided speculation about my status as the head football coach at Texas A&M," Franchione said. "I thought it would be helpful to address the issue today by making a statement to clear the air and leave no doubt about my intentions and status concerning this job.

"Bill Byrne, as my boss and the athletic director, has affirmed me in every way, and has left no doubt that he has confidence in my and has every intention to help me succeed in building this football program, and for that I am deeply grateful.

"I have no intention of resigning this position," Franchione added. "I love this job. I love these players, I love this university and my desire is to remain here and elevate this program to the highest level."

Quarterback Stephen McGee said he and teammates Kirk Elder and Chris Harrington decided to call the team together during the weekly news conference.

Byrne was out of town on Tuesday but he issued a statement in which he stood behind his coach.

"I want to reinforce to the members of the media and to our outstanding Aggie fans, I will not discuss matters pertaining to head coaches during their seasons," Byrne said.

He is toast

crzyjournalist03
10-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
He stepped to the podium and said he wanted to read a statement, "so I don't make any mistakes."...

"Bill Byrne, as my boss and the athletic director, has affirmed me in every way, and has left no doubt that he has confidence in my and has every intention to help me succeed...

looks like it didn't work...:D

Macarthur
10-02-2007, 02:29 PM
I think the only thing that saves his job is a Big 12 Championship. I really believe he's gone at the end of the season.

crzyjournalist03
10-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Said Byrne:

"I have no intention of re-signing him!"

:D :D :D

Buckeye80
10-02-2007, 07:48 PM
I guess then, if he isn't fired, A&M fans and players should prepare for several more years of mediocrity. Fran is not the man to take this program back to national prominence.

Give him the boot Byrne!:clap: :clap:

JR2004
10-02-2007, 07:50 PM
And Fran comes through for the Big XII once again!

Buckeye80
10-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
And Fran comes through for the Big XII once again!

Sounds to me like he is coming through for OU and UT by ensuring that A&M will not give them any competition in the Big XII South.

rancher
10-02-2007, 07:59 PM
To keep up to date with everything happening in aggieland, your best source is www.aggiecoach.com.

burnet44
10-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Big 12 is its own worst enemy right now

BNVL
10-02-2007, 09:19 PM
It seems the A&M players think theirs is the only opinion that counts. Two million dollars....schmoo million dollars

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-02-2007, 09:33 PM
What about Mack? with a OU win Saturday he will have lost 4 big 12 games in a row. Fran looks ok vs that.

BNVL
10-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
What about Mack? with a OU win Saturday he will have lost 4 big 12 games in a row. Fran looks ok vs that.

Ouch. Good point.

charlesrixey
10-02-2007, 09:53 PM

two totally different worlds

franchione could only dream of having nine consecutive nine win-seasons, or four consecutive 10+ win seasons

including a great b12 record during that span, even with six losses to oklahoma

Mack Brown has proven he can build a BCS power (twice)

still waiting for Franchione, the one with all the hype as he left yet another successful rebuilding project at TCU for what?

one coattail success at alabama and a failure to lead A&M back to prominence

GoStafford
10-02-2007, 10:00 PM

Seriously guys, i'm as aggie'd up as the next person, but we don't have to go all T.u. when we are talking about anything A&M

rancher
10-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Houston Chronicle and Dallas Morning News reporting that investigations are now underway on Fran for NCAA violations. It must be also remembered that in 1998, Tom Penders released player info, had team support and was fired. Will the same happen to Fran. The war drums are beating loudly in aggieland. More to come.

Stownhorse
10-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Franchione suxs at life oh yea and coaching.

big daddy russ
10-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by GoStafford
Seriously guys, i'm as aggie'd up as the next person, but we don't have to go all T.u. when we are talking about anything A&M
I'm not even an Aggie and I call them tu.

crzyjournalist03
10-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'm not even an Aggie and I call them tu.

why?

big daddy russ
10-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
why?
Why not?

Seriously, though, that's what makes college 50 times better than the NFL. The intensity, the rivalries, the things that your average fan think of as "silly." My fiance and my brother both went to A&M, so I became a fan by association.

Ranger Mom
10-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
why?

I'm with you crzy...I don't get it either!!

It seems so childish to me!!:confused:

Cameron Crazy
10-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Fran is not my favorite!

crzyjournalist03
10-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Why not?

because it's disrespectful to the university. Their university is called "University of Texas". As a sign of respect to any scholastic entity that students make a conscious decision to attend in order to further their education, you shouldn't intentionally disrespect them.

People don't call the University of North Texas NTU; they don't call Texas A&M University "AMTU"; they don't call Texas Tech University "UTT".

Rivalries are great, but name-calling IMO has no place in collegiate sports.

20FAN07
10-03-2007, 05:17 PM
why does it matter crazy in what we do, u act like were the only ones that has "insider" jokes. Its really not that big of a deal.........

KTJ
10-03-2007, 05:23 PM
ou sucks.

Maroon87
10-03-2007, 05:23 PM

Mack's got a big crystal football that buys him quite a bit more time.

20FAN07
10-03-2007, 05:43 PM
i hope texas wins, i would really like to see ou 0-2. It would make my football weekend