PDA

View Full Version : Florida Safety Arrested....

luvhoops34
10-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Joiner arrested, charged after early-morning incident

Associated Press

Updated: October 2, 2007, 1:56 PM ET

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida safety Tony Joiner was arrested early Tuesday and charged with felony burglary, police said.

Joiner, a senior captain who ranks fifth on the ninth-ranked Gators with 20 tackles, was arrested around 5 a.m. outside the fenced impound lot of a towing company, Gainesville police said.

Joiner was accused of pushing an electric gate open to enter the lot in an attempt to retrieve his girlfriend's car, which was being held in lieu of a $76 towing bill, a police report said.

According to the report, witnesses said Joiner opened the gate to the towing company, got into a car, drove out of the lot and was trying to close the gate when he was confronted by one of the witnesses. The witness said Joiner drove back into the lot and waited for police to arrive.

The arresting officer, Robert Concannon, wrote that Joiner was talking on a phone when he walked up. Concannon said he heard Joiner say, "I am probably about to go to jail 'cause I did push the gate open."

Florida coach Urban Meyer was aware of Joiner's arrest and planned to address it after practice Tuesday.

Joiner's arrest came two days after three players were questioned about a shooting outside a downtown nightclub. The players were not considered suspects, but their names were given to police as people who may have witnessed the shooting that happened several hours after the Gators lost 20-17 to Auburn.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

thewyliefan
10-02-2007, 01:56 PM
wwwwhhhyyyyyyyy does this have to happen to them now.

luvhoops34
10-02-2007, 02:01 PM
All over a $76 towing bill???

Why not just take up a collection and get her car out legally?

Or let her borrow your car???

Wait, that would be too easy. Better to try and steal the car to avoid paying the towing bill....thus getting arrested and possibly messing up you and your teammates chances at a National Championship. Sounds logical to me.:p

thewyliefan
10-02-2007, 02:02 PM
that just lessens my chances of being happy after a gator win over lsu....great...

JasperDog94
10-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Why not just make an int. in the next game and use the booster money you receive to get the car back?:)

pirate4state
10-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Why not just make an int. in the next game and use the booster money you receive to get the car back?:)

LMAO

rundoe
10-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Joiner arrested, charged after early-morning incident

Associated Press

Updated: October 2, 2007, 1:56 PM ET

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida safety Tony Joiner was arrested early Tuesday and charged with felony burglary, police said.

Joiner, a senior captain who ranks fifth on the ninth-ranked Gators with 20 tackles, was arrested around 5 a.m. outside the fenced impound lot of a towing company, Gainesville police said.

Joiner was accused of pushing an electric gate open to enter the lot in an attempt to retrieve his girlfriend's car, which was being held in lieu of a $76 towing bill, a police report said.

According to the report, witnesses said Joiner opened the gate to the towing company, got into a car, drove out of the lot and was trying to close the gate when he was confronted by one of the witnesses. The witness said Joiner drove back into the lot and waited for police to arrive.

The arresting officer, Robert Concannon, wrote that Joiner was talking on a phone when he walked up. Concannon said he heard Joiner say, "I am probably about to go to jail 'cause I did push the gate open."

Florida coach Urban Meyer was aware of Joiner's arrest and planned to address it after practice Tuesday.

Joiner's arrest came two days after three players were questioned about a shooting outside a downtown nightclub. The players were not considered suspects, but their names were given to police as people who may have witnessed the shooting that happened several hours after the Gators lost 20-17 to Auburn.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

He'll probably move to UT now so he can share a cell with a football player. Wait, they may be over crowded anyway, nevermind.

thewyliefan
10-02-2007, 02:14 PM
hahahahahahaha thats gold

Phil C
10-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
wwwwhhhyyyyyyyy does this have to happen to them now.

wwwwwwhhhyyyyyyyydoes it have to happen to anyone anytime?

Phil C
10-02-2007, 02:44 PM
:(

rundoe
10-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
wwwwwwhhhyyyyyyyydoes it have to happen to anyone anytime?

I would answer, but it would be a political answer and I can't do that.

Phil C
10-02-2007, 02:48 PM
These kind of things wouldn't happen if everyone would be good law abiding citizens.

:mad:

3afan
10-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
He'll probably move to UT now so he can share a cell with a football player. Wait, they may be over crowded anyway, nevermind.

:rolleyes:

BrahmaMom
10-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Note that this was a SENIOR, so he'd learned enough in college to know he was about to go to jail. But hasn't learned enough to know it will cost him more to deal with the arrest than it would to pay the impound fee! Yep, transfer him to UT and let him share a cell--thug.