PDA

View Full Version : Gobbler84 Kudos....

44INAROW
10-02-2007, 09:41 AM
www.victoriaadvocate.com/sports

Cuero's Johnson commits to Texas State

BY MIKE FORMAN - ADVOCATE SPORTS WRITER
October 02, 2007 - Posted at 12:00 a.m.

Cuero's Kaeron Johnson doesn't know what position he'll play next season but he does know where he'll play.

Johnson announced a commitment Monday to attend Texas State University in San Marcos on a football scholarship.

"It's just one of those places where I can come into and get some playing time," Johnson said. "I love the atmosphere up there, it fits my major and it's not far from home."

The 6-foot-2, 265-pound Johnson is starting at tight end and defensive end this season and has also played linebacker and guard for the Gobblers. He was a second-team all-state selection at defensive end last season and is the only player to start for four years under Cuero coach Mark Reeve.

"There were a lot of places where Kaeron could play," Reeve said of Johnson, the lineman of the year on the Advocate's 2006 all-area team. "I think he made a good choice."

Johnson could play tight end, defensive end or linebacker for the Bobcats. He was also recruited by Arizona, Missouri and Baylor but was impressed with the Texas State coaching staff, which includes former Cuero assistant coach Charlie Reeve.

"I've been up there a few times," Johnson said. "Every time I get up there, it gets better and better. I love the games, the coaches and the atmosphere. It's one of those places where I feel like I need to be."

Johnson's commitment cannot become official until Feb. 6, national signing day.

Ranger Mom
10-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Congrats Kaeron!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
10-02-2007, 09:47 AM
:thumbsup: Congrats & Good Luck!!! :clap:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-02-2007, 09:49 AM
How come he spells his name Kayron and everyone else spells it Kaeron?

44INAROW
10-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
How come he spells his name Kayron and everyone else spells it Kaeron? you'd have to ask him - I can tell you that his momma most likely spells it Kaeron.............. he is affectionately called Ronnie by those of us that have known him "forever"

crzyjournalist03
10-02-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
How come he spells his name Kayron and everyone else spells it Kaeron?

could be one of those deals where he gets tired of people mispronouncing it, so he decided to start spelling it phonetically.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-02-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
you'd have to ask him - I can tell you that his momma most likely spells it Kaeron.............. he is affectionately called Ronnie by those of us that have known him "forever"

I guess I will and let you all know.

44INAROW
10-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
could be one of those deals where he gets tired of people mispronouncing it, so he decided to start spelling it phonetically.
I can relate to that - my named is spelled "weird" (Guess that's to be expected since my parents are "stump-jumpers" from Louisiana - didn't know any better :D :D :D )

back to Kaeron/Kayron/Ronnie
He'll be with his old teammate - Corey SCott.......

Ranger Mom
10-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

EXACTLY!! I asked him that and that was exactly what he told me!!

:D

JT44
10-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Congrats, another fellow cuero alumnus of the school on the hill

LH Panther Mom
10-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
my named is spelled "weird"
:eek: :eek: And all this time, I thought your name started with an L, not a W. :doh: :p

Congrats, "Pleasure". :clap:

44INAROW
10-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:eek: :eek: And all this time, I thought your name started with an L, not a W. :doh: :p

nice catch LHPM ;)