PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Question for Cowboy Fans or Anyone

Old Tiger
10-02-2007, 08:55 AM
If San Diego wanted to trade LT for MB III and Julius Jones. Would you trade away those two backs for just LT?

I would

crzyjournalist03
10-02-2007, 09:00 AM
umm...yes...I know his numbers are "down" this year, but surround him with the talent that the 'boys have and he's going off in no time...

pirate4state
10-02-2007, 09:00 AM
:thinking: :thinking:

I don't like giving away 2 for 1, but for LT I think I'd make an exception. :D

DaHop72
10-02-2007, 09:01 AM
Call Jerry, let's make the trade. :D

Sweetwater Red
10-02-2007, 09:05 AM
If LT played for the Cowboys then we would get an idea of
what Barry Sanders would have done playing with them.:D

STANG RED
10-02-2007, 09:06 AM
Good question!
Let me think here :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Yes, it is most definitely a strong possible almost nearly maybe, but not quiet hardly.

Would be awful tempting though.

The way things are going at San Diago, I bet LT would jump at the chance, and would even take a pay cut to do it.

footballgal
10-02-2007, 09:37 AM
That would be sooo awesome if we could get LT for Jones. But also remember we have trades for 1st rounds this coming year. Maybe they can draft a franchise RB. Dont' get me wrong Barber is great, but we need at least one more good RB.

crzyjournalist03
10-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by footballgal
That would be sooo awesome if we could get LT for Jones. But also remember we have trades for 1st rounds this coming year. Maybe they can draft a franchise RB. Dont' get me wrong Barber is great, but we need at least one more good RB.

Those Browns need to step it up and start stinking!!!! :mad:

footballgal
10-02-2007, 09:38 AM
yeah I know. :(

wildcat81
10-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Seems good to me.

big daddy russ
10-02-2007, 09:47 AM
It's rare that trades for franchise players happen. It's even more rare that a team trades the best player in the NFL.

This trade would never happen because the Chargers already have Michael Turner, but it's a nice thought for Cowboys fans. IMO, they'd have to give up more of Jerry's kids than Barber and Marion to get LT back to Texas. At the very least, they'd have to throw in a high draft pick or two for the Chargers to even listen.

Sorry, but both those backs combined aren't on Tomlinson's level.

pirate4state
10-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
It's rare that trades for franchise players happen. It's even more rare that a team trades the best player in the NFL.

This trade would never happen because the Chargers already have Michael Turner, but it's a nice thought for Cowboys fans. IMO, they'd have to give up more of Jerry's kids than Barber and Marion to get LT back to Texas. At the very least, they'd have to throw in a high draft pick or two for the Chargers to even listen.

Sorry, but both those backs combined aren't on Tomlinson's level.

Quit ruining the fantasy!!! GAH! :tongue:

crzyjournalist03
10-02-2007, 10:19 AM
BDR is right...I think any deal would START with MBIII and Demarcus Ware...

but according to the hypothetical, if the Chargers are wanting to make that deal, then we're set!

Mace Griffin
10-02-2007, 10:54 AM
no i wouldnt do it your 4-0 right now and dominating the league why mess with chemistry? LT is so overrated as a person everytime you hear people talking about how great of a guy he is but everytime they lose he whines and throws a fit no dont do that deal

Texasfootball2
10-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
If San Diego wanted to trade LT for MB III and Julius Jones. Would you trade away those two backs for just LT?

I would

In a NEW YORK minute, Tyson Thompson would still give you a quality backup and your adding what is still probably the best player in the game at his position.

BobcatBenny
10-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Consider it done if that offer goes up in front of me.

The dual back situation the Cowboys have is bound to blow up eventually anyway. It is a ticking time bomb. Especially since there is some success right now. That success will breed discontent.

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Consider it done if that offer goes up in front of me.

The dual back situation the Cowboys have is bound to blow up eventually anyway. It is a ticking time bomb. Especially since there is some success right now. That success will breed discontent.

How do we know this? Are we to assume in today's sports that anytime teammates have to actually work together and share the load it will create problems?

Bearkat
10-02-2007, 11:14 AM
I would make the trade if it was even money. I'm sure the Chargers would want draft picks or a lot of money as well as Jones and Barber. Straight up trade, I'm all over it!!!

BobcatBenny
10-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
How do we know this? Are we to assume in today's sports that anytime teammates have to actually work together and share the load it will create problems?
This involves prima donnas, future contracts, money, pride, glory and all the things that has brought mankind down through out all of history. Are you kidding me? I have taken a history class or two. So, yes, the Cowboys situation is never going to work because in the pros are not like high school. These guys have egos and money at stake.

Now I expect to see LPHM or one of the LH fans to bring up their team as an example.

Well when the Cowboys start running the Wing T and putting Jones and Barber on the field together, then maybe you will have an argument.

Doesn't anyone beside myself wonder why if these guys are such good team mates that they won't block for each other? Or the Cowboys ever run a scheme where they create a triple back field threat?

The more the Cowboys win, the more the clock ticks. Tick, tick, tick . . . Kaaabooom! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2007, 11:31 AM
This involves prima donnas, future contracts, money, pride, glory and all the things that has brought mankind down through out all of history. Are you kidding me? I have taken a history class or two. So, yes, the Cowboys situation is never going to work because in the pros are not like high school. These guys have egos and money at stake.

Now I expect to see LPHM or one of the LH fans to bring up their team as an example.

Well when the Cowboys start running the Wing T and putting Jones and Barber on the field together, then maybe you will have an argument.

Doesn't anyone beside myself wonder why if these guys are such good team mates that they won't block for each other? Or the Cowboys ever run a scheme where they create a triple back field threat?

The more the Cowboys win, the more the clock ticks. Tick, tick, tick . . . Kaaabooom! :eek: :eek: :eek:

If they were losing, I would agree..the back who does not get the carries would scream if u used me more we would win..But the fact they are WINNING, IMO helps keep anything from exploding at bay

BobcatBenny
10-02-2007, 11:40 AM
If they were losing, I would agree..the back who does not get the carries would scream if u used me more we would win..But the fact they are WINNING, IMO helps keep anything from exploding at bay
That is actually a good point . . but, wait until the Cowboys lose their first game. I'm doubting they go undefeated. This will be especially manifest when the loss comes because the running game did not work out.

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2007, 11:44 AM
That is actually a good point . . but, wait until the Cowboys lose their first game. I'm doubting they go undefeated. This will be especially manifest when the loss comes because the running game did not work out.

again IMO one loss wont make it happen..if they make it to 5-0 and lose to the Pats I dont think Jones or barber has a blow up

If they then make it to say 8-1 or even 8-2 and then lose, again I dont think it will be a problem

Now if they are at 8-3 and collapse to 9-7 or something like that and one of the backs is not playing alot, then yes I think some rumbling could be heard

But right now..Barber has 48 carries...Jones has 51..and I dont think either can gripe with a 4-0 record

BobcatBenny
10-02-2007, 11:50 AM
I say we say that this thread has been printed. It is a long season and I am never amazed at the pettyness of man. It is fairly predictable.

Besides, the media will not let it rest. They are always trying to stir up a story and create drama. They will wear Barber and Jones down until one of them says something stupid.

coachc45
10-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Just about every team in the league is going to a two back rotation at the feature back. Indy won the super bowl last year with it. The year before they had one feature back.

If either Barber or Jones whines, then they are dumber than you or I thought. Neither will ever be a feature back and they are smart enought to know this. They are good resting each other, not playing at the same time. They both are better in the 4th quarter because they are sharing carries.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Nope. But would trade Jones and Roy Williams for Reggie Bush. cowboys lack a game changing kickoff and punt returner. And u could use Barber as the starter and Bush as a 3rd down back :)

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Nope. But would trade Jones and Roy Williams for Reggie Bush. cowboys lack a game changing kickoff and punt returner. And u could use Barber as the starter and Bush as a 3rd down back :)

Have u not seen what Crayton has done two weeks in a row on punt returns? Led directly to two TDs with big returns

And if u trade Roy..what do u do at SS? I have alot of probs with his flaws, but the fact is he has 2 int and 2 FF and leads the team in tackles.

Gobbla2001
10-02-2007, 12:34 PM
I think the cowboys have a great two-back system... the problem will come when one wants to be traded because he feels he is the better back of the two and he wants more money... that's when you trade 'em both for one...

until then, "If it aint broke, don't TRY to fix it"

BobcatBenny
10-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I will admit when I am wrong and bow to the wisdom of the broadcaster and the coach as the season progresses. But this is not Indy, a team that was looking to just hop over the fence to success. This is a team that is just starting to be successful.

And the Cowboys are always a favorite target for the media.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I think the cowboys have a great two-back system... the problem will come when one wants to be traded because he feels he is the better back of the two and he wants more money... that's when you trade 'em both for one...

until then, "If it aint broke, don't TRY to fix it" i see Jones as wanting to be traded by next year. Right now dont fix it, if its not broken. Next year Jones and hopefully Roy Williams get trade together as that might bring some thing good in a 2 for 1. Roy Williams problems come when has to play zone as he always out of position. He usually doesnt get beat when hes man to man.

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Jones wont be traded..he is a FA after this year

SintonFan_inAustin
10-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Jones wont be traded..he is a FA after this year Any plans in resigning him? Havent visited the Cowboys site in a while and trading deadline is oct. 16?

BobcatBenny
10-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Jones wont be traded..he is a FA after this year
More evidence for the time bomb theory.

Well, if he is smart, he will keep his mouth shut, but if he does, he will not get a job next year. The pressure is on. It is a catch22 for JJ.

big daddy russ
10-02-2007, 03:02 PM
If I were the Boys, I'd rather go after a cheaper option for a kick returner. Right now, Bush's brand name outweighs what he's doing on the field ten to one.

crzyjournalist03
10-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
If I were the Boys, I'd rather go after a cheaper option for a kick returner. Right now, Bush's brand name outweighs what he's doing on the field ten to one.

Give Stanback some time...he's got a lot of promise, but he's nursing injury and adjusting to the NFL.

lakers
10-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

I would
Heck yeah, brings that Texas boy home...

navscanmaster
10-03-2007, 05:00 AM
I will pray for the Browns to have another typically horrible year, and be looking for Darren McFadden from Arkansas on Draft Day next year! You want a return man/super athlete in addition to a speedy game-breaker at RB, that is the man to draft right there.

Old Tiger
10-03-2007, 05:05 AM
Nope. But would trade Jones and Roy Williams for Reggie Bush. cowboys lack a game changing kickoff and punt returner. And u could use Barber as the starter and Bush as a 3rd down back :) I wouldn't trade Tyson Thompson and a 4th round pick for Reggie Bush. He is so overrated it's rediculous.

Old Tiger
10-03-2007, 05:06 AM
More evidence for the time bomb theory.

Well, if he is smart, he will keep his mouth shut, but if he does, he will not get a job next year. The pressure is on. It is a catch22 for JJ. Cowboys have to first round draft picks....can you say Darren McFadden? :D

big daddy russ
10-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Give Stanback some time...he's got a lot of promise, but he's nursing injury and adjusting to the NFL.
I was just referring to the option to trade for Bush, not the Cowboys' return game. Bush is quickly turning into the next Rocket Ismail.