PDA

View Full Version : McCoy or Chiles

orangeblood
10-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Who should TEXAS start against Oklahoma ?

eagles_victory
10-01-2007, 11:25 PM
I say give Colt the start and if its another subpar performance maybe give Chiles a chance to start next week or even Harris

big daddy russ
10-01-2007, 11:31 PM
I don't know if everything's right with Colt right now.

rockdale80
10-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I don't know if everything's right with Colt right now.

Agreed. but I still dont think he is overrated. ;)

big daddy russ
10-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Agreed. but I still dont think he is overrated. ;)
I'm with you on that one. When he's back to feeling good and doesn't look like he's just suffered an aneurysm, throw him back in there.

KTA
10-02-2007, 01:08 AM
im not even going to argue this, yall know I feel.

Old Tiger
10-02-2007, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by KTA
im not even going to argue this, yall know I feel. How do you feel?

KTA
10-02-2007, 01:29 AM
tired right now:(

:D

Chris Hart
10-02-2007, 03:46 AM
It almost reminds me of Aggie fans calling for Fran's job, or McGee's for that matter, when you are just outmanned. In the Fran haters case, I have to agree, he is consistently outcoached. Mack has been known to be outcoached too though. It's just not a great time for college football in Texas...

Emerson1
10-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Run them both equally in practice. Start McCoy, first sign of trouble bench him.

pirate4state
10-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Run them both equally in practice. Start McCoy, first sign of trouble bench him. Agreed

crzyjournalist03
10-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Where's Jevan Sneed when you need him??? :(

Phil C
10-02-2007, 02:28 PM
If Colt starts that is ok but the first time one of his passes gets batted time then it is time for Chiles.

Emerson1
10-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Jevan Sneed isn't gonna run the Texas' offense any better then colt did.

big daddy russ
10-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Oxford, MS

buff4life
10-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
If Colt starts that is ok but the first time one of his passes gets batted time then it is time for Chiles.

Its not 100% Colts fault that the passes are getting batted down...

snydertiger2010
10-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Colt is just a cry baby, Put Chiles in and make Colt ride the pine for a while.

KTA
10-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Its not 100% Colts fault that the passes are getting batted down...

well they are more then 50% his fault

wedo
10-02-2007, 06:57 PM
I voted Chiles but they both should play until Chiles can take over full time. As a true Freshman he will make freshman Mistakes that Colt would not but on the other hand CHiles gives you a better chance to win b/c he is better athlete

Stownhorse
10-02-2007, 07:07 PM
This is a rediculous thread....McCoy had a bad outing, happens to the best of us....Chiles didnt do to well in the kstate game either.....stick with colt

Emerson1
10-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
This is a rediculous thread....McCoy had a bad outing, happens to the best of us....Chiles didnt do to well in the kstate game either.....stick with colt
If McCoy was gonna be %100 healthy then I would. He isn't gonna be now matter what anyone says.

And it wasn't really just 1 bad outing, he has 9 interceptions already

injuredinmelee
10-02-2007, 08:09 PM
What did Chiles accomplish against KSU??? JACK CRAP. NADA. All you people piling on Colt do you recognize that his offensive line is CRAP??? He is running for his life back there every single play. Why dont you look at the non existent running game. Why is it no existent? The scheme is CRAP.

injuredinmelee
10-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by wedo
I voted Chiles but they both should play until Chiles can take over full time. As a true Freshman he will make freshman Mistakes that Colt would not but on the other hand CHiles gives you a better chance to win b/c he is better athlete

No one has a chance to succeed behind the current offensive line and with the zone read running attack.

Emerson1
10-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
What did Chiles accomplish against KSU??? JACK CRAP. NADA. All you people piling on Colt do you recognize that his offensive line is CRAP??? He is running for his life back there every single play. Why dont you look at the non existent running game. Why is it no existent? The scheme is CRAP.
The scheme is crap because Colt is the one running it. You don't have to be VY to make it work, but you can't be Colt McCoy

buff4life
10-02-2007, 09:02 PM
In McCoy's defense, after watching the last two games, the receiver who are not getting thrown to are JOGGING off the line, numerous times i watched limas sweed and billy pittman jog off the line and not try to get open...so Colt had to dump down to a 2 yard out and throw it right at a lineman's head to get it there...no wonder it gets batted down...

KTA
10-02-2007, 10:15 PM
The scheme is crap because Colt is the one running it. You don't have to be VY to make it work, but you can't be Colt McCoy

We might not get along, but atleast we can agree when it comes to the Longhorns.

Im tired of people saying "what did Chiles do...jack crap thats what"

1st Quarter
1st play from the Qb position he ran for 11 yards
2nd play he caught a pass for 9 yards

2nd Quarter
3rd play from the qb position he rushes for 5 yards
4th play from the qb position Chiles rushes for 0 yards

3rd Quarter
5th play from the qb position he rushes for 4 yards
6th play sacked for a 2 yard loss

4th Quarter
04:17 left in the game
7th play from the qb position Chiles 17 yard throw Finley
8th play from the qb position runs for 8 yards
9th play Chiles middle pass incomplete to Jones
10th play deep pass incomplete to Sweed
11th play rush up middle for no gain
12th play pass incomplete to Shipley

Wow he sure did have a chance to prove himself considering he played EIGHT total plays until the 4:17 mark (when the game was already over with).

Here, were going to throw you out to the Wolves when the game doesnt matter anymore without attempting a pass the entire game.

That makes alot of dang since dont it

Like Greg davis said before "wow, well atleast we know he can run the zone read".

SO LET HIM DO IT THEN.

charlesrixey
10-02-2007, 10:46 PM
No one has a chance to succeed behind the current offensive line and with the zone read running attack.

amen!

injuredinmelee
10-03-2007, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by KTA
We might not get along, but atleast we can agree when it comes to the Longhorns.

Im tired of people saying "what did Chiles do...jack crap thats what"

1st Quarter
1st play from the Qb position he ran for 11 yards
2nd play he caught a pass for 9 yards

2nd Quarter
3rd play from the qb position he rushes for 5 yards
4th play from the qb position Chiles rushes for 0 yards

3rd Quarter
5th play from the qb position he rushes for 4 yards
6th play sacked for a 2 yard loss

4th Quarter
04:17 left in the game
7th play from the qb position Chiles 17 yard throw Finley
8th play from the qb position runs for 8 yards
9th play Chiles middle pass incomplete to Jones
10th play deep pass incomplete to Sweed
11th play rush up middle for no gain
12th play pass incomplete to Shipley

Wow he sure did have a chance to prove himself considering he played EIGHT total plays until the 4:17 mark (when the game was already over with).

Here, were going to throw you out to the Wolves when the game doesnt matter anymore without attempting a pass the entire game.

That makes alot of dang since dont it

Like Greg davis said before "wow, well atleast we know he can run the zone read".

SO LET HIM DO IT THEN.

the grass is always greener...

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2007, 06:00 AM
the grass is always greener...
No joke! And if they stick Chiles out there and he stinks it up behind their weak OL and "jogging" WR's, then what?

Old Tiger
10-03-2007, 06:04 AM
Argument I've been hearing is "passing skills"

They say John lacks them. JC is the future for the Horn's unless somehow they can get Terrelle Pryor on the 40 acres or perhaps Russell Shephard.

I say Colt is lacking them also. 9 int's

Darren
10-03-2007, 07:01 AM
It's funny how many people had Colt coming into this year as a Heisman Canidate and thought that he was one of the greatest QB's that Texas has ever had.

After a slow start these same people are so quick to want to see a change.

Why is everyone always looking for the next lastest and greatest offering? I think we need to remember that this is only Colt's second year.

He will be a good QB if he is given the time that he needs to develop.

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2007, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Darren
Why is everyone always looking for the next lastest and greatest offering? I think we need to remember that this is only Colt's second year.
From my experience living this close to Austin, I think many Longhorn fans are very fickle and easily dissatisfied. It hasn't been that long ago that "Fire Mack Brown" was the hot topic. Then, UT won the NC and Mack Brown was suddenly the greatest coach ever. They (many, not all) are all about "instant gratification".

Aesculus gilmus
10-03-2007, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
No joke! And if they stick Chiles out there and he stinks it up behind their weak OL and "jogging" WR's, then what?

Well, there's Sherrod Harris.

However, the most monumental move for 3A fans would be to TAKE THE REDSHIRT OFF G.J. Kinne and outfit him in burnt orange.

Rooster#70
10-03-2007, 10:50 AM
How many UT players are in the pros from the last 2 years

KTA
10-03-2007, 11:47 AM
unless somehow they can get Terrelle Pryor on the 40 acres

Even then hes 2 years from starting (but boy id love to have him)

It hasn't been that long ago that "Fire Mack Brown" was the hot topic

Thats the first ive ever heard that...now Greg Davis is a whole different story

TAKE THE REDSHIRT OFF G.J. Kinne and outfit him in burnt orange

Coming from a Gilmer fan I would expect that kinda response. Kinne is good, but hes not exactly the same type of athlete Chiles is, but in the long run I think hes more of the answer then Harris is. I wouldnt mind seeing Kinne back there, just not this year (waste of a RS) or next year (if Chiles proves to be the answer).

Big Papa
10-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by KTA

LMAO...are you serious...what were you walking around with your fingers in your ears or something...a few years ago thats all you would ever hear is about how mack needed to go

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by KTA

Heck, this is just a PART of the 2004 comments on here. At one time, there was a "firemackbrown" website. Again, I have lived 35 miles from UT for over 12 years and there have been similar comments I have seen over the years outside of the Downlow.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=18561&highlight=Fire+Mack+Brown

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=18559&highlight=Fire+Mack+Brown

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=19716&highlight=Fire+Mack+Brown

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=19923&highlight=Fire+Mack+Brown

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=20400&highlight=Fire+Mack+Brown

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=20710&highlight=Fire+Mack+Brown

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=22926&highlight=Fire+Mack+Brown

KTA
10-03-2007, 12:26 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=116806&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending