PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Weiss

District303aPastPlayer
10-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Should he receive the same treatment that was afforded to Ty Willingham and get the boot?

Also... how is this for a stat... in his 3 years, i believe only 1 of Charlies Recruits had scored a TD heading into week 3....

3afan
10-01-2007, 09:32 PM
doesnt he have a 6-7 yr contract?

District303aPastPlayer
10-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
doesnt he have a 6-7 yr contract?

he was given a 10 year extension to keep him from going back to The League...

Old Tiger
10-01-2007, 09:34 PM
He won with Ty's recruits and he won't get the same treatment as Ty because he is an alumn and white.

Old Tiger
10-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
he was given a 10 year extension to keep him from going back to The League... Right after a loss to USC at that.

Bull Butter
10-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
He won with Ty's recruits and he won't get the same treatment as Ty because he is an alumn and white.

Gerry Faust and Bob Davie were white.

Stop playing the race card. Losing is losing.

Old Tiger
10-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Gerry Faust and Bob Davie were white.

Stop playing the race card. Losing is losing. Ty and Charlie's careers are basically mirror images of one another yet there is no talk about getting rid of Charlie.

Weiss didn't deserve the two BCS births and it showed when Ohio State and LSU blew them out.

District303aPastPlayer
10-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Ty and Charlie's careers are basically mirror images of one another yet there is no talk about getting rid of Charlie.

Weiss didn't deserve the two BCS births and it showed when Ohio State and LSU blew them out.

I would have liked to have seen what Ty could have done these past 2 years with his own recruits...

Bull Butter
10-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Ty and Charlie's careers are basically mirror images of one another yet there is no talk about getting rid of Charlie.

If there's not,there should be. This team is worse than any team Ty ever had. Perhaps because there's so much $$$ tied up in Charlie...............

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-01-2007, 10:09 PM
I would have liked to have seen what Ty could have done these past 2 years with his own recruits...

He's not really a bad coach, but I don't think that Charlie is, either. Teams have ups and downs, look at Michigan. Everyone is calling for Lloyd Carr's head and he has had an amazing run there. If it happens another season, then I would say yeah, he deserves the boot.

District303aPastPlayer
10-01-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
He's not really a bad coach, but I don't think that Charlie is, either. Teams have ups and downs, look at Michigan. Everyone is calling for Lloyd Carr's head and he has had an amazing run there. If it happens another season, then I would say yeah, he deserves the boot.

you do realize that Notre Dame is about to go 0-8 and its possible we might not win a game this year... right?

District303aPastPlayer
10-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Oh yeah, and this is the worst start in school history...

DaHop72
10-01-2007, 10:28 PM
you do realize that Notre Dame is about to go 0-8 and its possible we might not win a game this year... right? But they could win one due to the inelgible player at Michigan.:thinking:

Old Tiger
10-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Oh yeah, and this is the worst start in school history... Speakin of...

I guess every week on ESPN we'll have to hear

"This is Notre Dames first 0-_ season in school history"

last week it was their first 0-4 now this week it's their first 0-5. I believe people are smart enough to know that if the school is 0-4 for the first time they'll be 0-5 and so on for the first time in school history. Wanks

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-01-2007, 10:47 PM
you do realize that Notre Dame is about to go 0-8 and its possible we might not win a game this year... right?

Yes, but I think he should at least have a season to redeem himself. Those guys are demoralized and it's hard to dig out of that hole once you get it dug so deep, know what I mean?

District303aPastPlayer
10-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Yes, but I think he should at least have a season to redeem himself. Those guys are demoralized and it's hard to dig out of that hole once you get it dug so deep, know what I mean?

Even though he had Tys recruits... he had season 1 to struggle and season 2 to turn it around... he went 19-5 his first 2 years and is about to go 0-5 in his 3rd...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Even though he had Tys recruits... he had season 1 to struggle and season 2 to turn it around... he went 19-5 his first 2 years and is about to go 0-5 in his 3rd...

True, but we'll see how he responds. If he does the same thing next year, then I will say that he's a bad coach.

eagles_victory
10-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Georgia Tech, Penn State, Mich., Mich St. and Purdue with young and unexperienced players give the guy a break what would your favorite schools record be against those 5 teams

District303aPastPlayer
10-02-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Georgia Tech, Penn State, Mich., Mich St. and Purdue with young and unexperienced players give the guy a break what would your favorite schools record be against those 5 teams

right now, its 0-5....

District303aPastPlayer
10-03-2007, 06:29 PM
So 0-8 looks real... how long does he last after he goes 0-8?

Gobbla2001
10-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

It's not that they're losing, they're just not very competitive...

I say maybe he can turn it around next year, but this year they're not even looking competitive... it's not all about losing...

District303aPastPlayer
10-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
It's not that they're losing, they're just not very competitive...

I say maybe he can turn it around next year, but this year they're not even looking competitive... it's not all about losing...

Its a down year in South Bend... and thats putting it mildly.

3afan
10-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Charlie Weiss is a "bully coach" ... he'll never win big

Eagles52
10-03-2007, 07:22 PM
They had to pony up that extension because he was doing so well at the time and the NFL was after him hard, and if they'd let Weis escape, the loyals would have probably burned something, like the stadium.

The reason that Willingham deserved different treatment was that his recruiting was going downhill drastically. Everyone wants to give him credit for recruiting the players Weis won with, but they forget that these that Weis is losing with are from Willingham's second to last year and then he was fired in the midst of another terrible recruiting year, and Weis had something like half of the recruiting season to make up for it and it wasn't realistic to expect him to. So he's trying to make up for two terrible years of recruiting, and I'd personally consider both of those years to be a result of Willingham.

He had a really highly ranked recruiting class last year (which may end up being overrated, we'll have to see) and his class this year is ranked #1 last I saw. So give the guy a chance to let the players that are really "his" come through and become upper classmen.

District303aPastPlayer
10-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Eagles52
They had to pony up that extension because he was doing so well at the time and the NFL was after him hard, and if they'd let Weis escape, the loyals would have probably burned something, like the stadium.

The reason that Willingham deserved different treatment was that his recruiting was going downhill drastically. Everyone wants to give him credit for recruiting the players Weis won with, but they forget that these that Weis is losing with are from Willingham's second to last year and then he was fired in the midst of another terrible recruiting year, and Weis had something like half of the recruiting season to make up for it and it wasn't realistic to expect him to. So he's trying to make up for two terrible years of recruiting, and I'd personally consider both of those years to be a result of Willingham.

He had a really highly ranked recruiting class last year (which may end up being overrated, we'll have to see) and his class this year is ranked #1 last I saw. So give the guy a chance to let the players that are really "his" come through and become upper classmen.

The players he won with were Willinghams. He has been there 3 years... meaning this is the 3rd... his first 2 seasons were made up of only 1 of his recruits scoring a single TD... so yeah... he won with Willinghams recruits... this years recruits are a mixture of Tys last year and the sophs are his...

Eagles52
10-04-2007, 03:23 AM
The players he won with were Willinghams. He has been there 3 years... meaning this is the 3rd... his first 2 seasons were made up of only 1 of his recruits scoring a single TD... so yeah... he won with Willinghams recruits... this years recruits are a mixture of Tys last year and the sophs are his...

I never said that Weis didn't win with Ty's players. I actually agreed with that. What I said was that Willingham wasn't getting enough credit for recruiting the terrible players that are losing now. If he gets credit with the winning players, he should get credit for the losing players also. As I said, his last full season of recruiting was horrid, and Weis was hired in the middle of the next year's already dismal campaign for players. So it wasn't very realistic to expect Weis to come in that late and get a great class going. So I'd say he deserves a couple of more years to actually have 4 years worth of full recruiting seasons of his own kids.

scott Wilson
10-05-2007, 01:15 PM
They aren`t playing a bunch of patsies like some Big 12 Schools schedule. Probably one of, if not the toughest schedule in Football, college or pro. It`s his first year with his recruits. Give him another year, if it stays the same, well, they gonna have to start taking the 14kt out of the helmet paint to help buy out that contract.

Darren
10-05-2007, 02:09 PM

Weiss did have quite a resume coming into ND.

And I think that alot of people at Notre Dame were upset when they hired Ty not because of his race but because he wasn't a high profile coach that could pull in the big recruits.

IMO