PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best way to cook shark?

Gsquared
10-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Fry, grill, broil or what? Marninate it? If so, with what? Got a bag from a friend.

rundoe
10-01-2007, 02:00 PM
cut the fillets from both sides of the shark fron the dorsal fin to the tail.

Throw rest away, cut fillets into squares about 1 1/2 thick and roll in corn meal and your choices of spices.

Cook in deep fryer outside. We used to do this every saturday.

mmmmm you made me hungry. can i come?

Ranger Mom
10-01-2007, 02:02 PM
I always ate it grilled!!...YUMMEEEE!!

Gsquared
10-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by rundoe

Throw rest away, cut fillets into squares about 1 1/2 thick and roll in corn meal and your choices of spices.

Cook in deep fryer outside. We used to do this every saturday.

mmmmm you made me hungry. can i come?
The guy that gave it to me already had it fillet'd so hopefully they did it correctly. I got a whole big bag so come on over, just bring some liquid refreshments with you!

AP Panther Fan
10-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Here's a shark recipe that reminded me of you.....geez, I didn't even know that people ate shark :D (1 beer for the recipe, the rest for you)

TIPSY SHARK STEAKS

2 lbs. skinless shark steaks or fillets, fresh or frozen
2/3 c. beer
1/3 c. cooking oil
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. paprika
2 tbsp. butter
4 c. sliced onions
1 c. dairy sour cream, heated
1/2 tsp. horseradish

Thaw meat in shallow dish. Combine beer, oil, mustard, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Add fish; cover and marinate 30 minutes in refrigerator. Remove fish from marinade and broil 4 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. In a saucepan, melt butter and blend in paprika. Add onions and saute until tender but not brown. Combine warm sour cream and horseradish. To serve, top each fish steak with onions and a spoonful of sour cream mixture. Makes 6 servings.

Johnny 5
10-01-2007, 02:45 PM
What does shark taste like?

crzyjournalist03
10-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
What does shark taste like?

Fish

jk...never had it.

pooch
10-01-2007, 05:22 PM
like chicken?

necks_c/09
10-01-2007, 05:32 PM

Cook in deep fryer outside. We used to do this every saturday. this is they best way, me and my bro surf rod fish for sharks and bull reds all the time, and this beats any other way.....

as for the taste....

im not a huge fan....

tastes like almost any other fish, just a little different....

i prefer trout to anything though so, nm

rundoe
10-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
The guy that gave it to me already had it fillet'd so hopefully they did it correctly. I got a whole big bag so come on over, just bring some liquid refreshments with you!

when you cooking?

rundoe
10-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Fish

jk...never had it.

no bones, just a good clean taste, not fishy

rundoe
10-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Here's a shark recipe that reminded me of you.....geez, I didn't even know that people ate shark :D (1 beer for the recipe, the rest for you)

TIPSY SHARK STEAKS

2/3 c. beer
1/3 c. cooking oil
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. paprika
2 tbsp. butter
4 c. sliced onions
1/2 tsp. horseradish

Thaw meat in shallow dish. Combine beer, oil, mustard, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Add fish; cover and marinate 30 minutes in refrigerator. Remove fish from marinade and broil 4 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. In a saucepan, melt butter and blend in paprika. Add onions and saute until tender but not brown. Combine warm sour cream and horseradish. To serve, top each fish steak with onions and a spoonful of sour cream mixture. Makes 6 servings.

too much work and you lose the natural taste this way, but i would try it, once, lol

rundoe
10-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I always ate it grilled!!...YUMMEEEE!!

Try it my way, you'll throw rocks at grilled.

Gsquared
10-02-2007, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

TIPSY SHARK STEAKS

2/3 c. beer
1/3 c. cooking oil
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. paprika
2 tbsp. butter
4 c. sliced onions
1/2 tsp. horseradish

Mmmm, im gonna print this off.

BNVL
10-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Just dont serve it at a Palacios fundraiser. They might not appreciate it.

Gsquared
10-02-2007, 11:53 AM
when you cooking?
Offseason, or any saturday :p

ToroChingon
10-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Call Kevin!

Gobbla2001
10-02-2007, 12:55 PM
marinate it in some italian dressing over night... get you some cornmeal out and mix some spices INTO the cornmeal (I'd use lemon pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper and whatever else you think will make it taste good). fry it up and freakin' eat... I've never done it with shark, but I've had shark before and it'd work just the same as it does on the refish/trout/flounder I cook...

lostaussie
10-02-2007, 01:09 PM
SUSHEE WITH WASABE!!!!!!!!!!

Gsquared
10-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
SUSHEE WITH WASABE!!!!!!!!!!
Aussie, I cought the shark with my hands

44INAROW
10-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Aussie, I cought the shark with my hands
Ok everyone - lift up your feet - it's getting deep in here :D :D :D :crazy1:

Gsquared
10-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Ok everyone - lift up your feet - it's getting deep in here :D :D :D :crazy1: :doh:

lostaussie
10-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Aussie, I cought the shark with my hands i give you my reply the next time i see you cause it ain't board worthy.

1st and goal
10-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Run it thru a sausage grinder,
then go mix it into your garden or mulch pile.

I'm just trying to do you a favor G, I've tried many a way of cooking it with no luck. Yes, its meat but so is buffalo rectum. It (black tip shark) has such a taste I'd rather mix it in my garden...

1st post here, just wanted to get started on the right foot!:D