PDA

View Full Version : Merkel

pooch
10-15-2003, 07:07 PM
How are they doing now? I posted something about them a couple of weeks ago on the pig, but didn't know if they've won/lost recently.

Matthew328
10-15-2003, 07:12 PM
Merkel is 5-1 and 1-0 in 3-3A play...they have a big game with Snyder this week...I think the Badgers end their playoff drought this year..and could be a tough potential opponent for Greenwood in Round 1

wildstangs
10-15-2003, 08:36 PM
Merkel and Snyder is huge. If the Badgers knock off Snyder, they have to be a favorite to get in the playoffs. If they lose the road is a little tougher. They still have to play Sweetwater, Denver City and Lamesa, and will need to win 2 out of the 3 to get in. Maybe our friend Knightmoon will be on tonight and give us his opinion of this week.

Knightmoon
10-15-2003, 09:02 PM
Ask and ye shall receive. You know I always like to talk about those Merkel Badgers. Merkel's defense is still, in my opinion, their #1 greatest asset. The game against Snyder is huge. As far as rankings go, Collier-Sharp has Merkel at #38 and Snyder at #41. So if rankings mean anything, they should be evenly matched. Merkel is averaging 24 points a game on offense, and on defense they are ranked at #8 in points allowed.The Badgers have given up less than 9 points per game on average. Merkel has alot of weapons, but need to control the mistakes they made last week against Seminole or the Snyder game could get ugly in a hurry. They lost 4 fumbles, had 1 interception, and only converted 1 of 5 extra points. Snyder will not let them get off so easily if they play that sloppy. It should be a good game, but Merkel's defense will prevail

pooch
10-15-2003, 09:04 PM
where's the game?

Knightmoon
10-15-2003, 09:08 PM
Merkel travels to Snyder. Just like walking into a snake pit. Should be fun.