10-01-2007, 11:03 AM
go Rox

Bull19
10-01-2007, 11:04 AM
padres take it, peavy on the mound

crzyjournalist03
10-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Some interesting numbers heading into the game:

Peavy has a 1.29 ERA this year against the Rockies.

In his two starts, the teams have split the games. The Rockies won the last time they faced him, 2-1, in 14 innings on Sept. 21 in San Diego

The Padres won, 2-1, in 10 innings on April 8.

Josh Fogg has an ERA over 6 in his three games versus San Diego this year; his record is 1-1

The Rockies are 10-8 this season against the Padres.

The Rockies are 50-32 at home this year.

The Padres are 42-39 on the road this year.

The Rockies won 13 of their last 14 to force the playoff. The Padres went 8-6 over their last 14 games, losing two games in a row that would have clinched a playoff spot to end the regular season.

The stats recorded in this game will count toward the final regular season numbers for the teams and the players.

eagles_victory
10-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Im pulling for the Rockies and Holliday should easily be NL MVP no matter what happens in this game.

Maroon87
10-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Im pulling for the Rockies and Holliday should easily be NL MVP no matter what happens in this game.

True, but the good old "East Coast media" is all on the Jimmy Rollins bandwagon.

eagles_victory
10-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
True, but the good old "East Coast media" is all on the Jimmy Rollins bandwagon. Jimmy has had a good year but in no way is he the NL MVP Hollidays 4th in homers the batting champ and 2nd in rbis

Bull19
10-01-2007, 01:18 PM
ive also seen prince fielders name all over the mvp award,,,it will make me wanna puke if he wins it, below average fielder, crappy baserunner, basically an average hititer with good power numbers. holliday should be a unanimous choice

eagles_victory
10-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Holliday should win it without question in the NL and A-Rod should win it easily in the AL

crzyjournalist03
10-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
ive also seen prince fielders name all over the mvp award,,,it will make me wanna puke if he wins it, below average fielder, crappy baserunner, basically an average hititer with good power numbers. holliday should be a unanimous choice

The Fielder talk pretty much died with the Brewers...to many good players on playoff teams that deserve it.

If the Rockies win tonight, I say it goes to Holliday. If the Rockies lose, then it probably goes to Rollins (who has more total bases this year than A-rod!).

eagles_victory
10-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
The Fielder talk pretty much died with the Brewers...to many good players on playoff teams that deserve it.

If the Rockies win tonight, I say it goes to Holliday. If the Rockies lose, then it probably goes to Rollins (who has more total bases this year than A-rod!). Total bases is going to be a reason a guy gets it over a player who is top 5 in the 3 main stat categories when Rollins isnt top 5 in any of them?

necks_c/09
10-01-2007, 04:15 PM
go Rockies and Taveras, Helton, And Holliday...

These 3 guys are the reason i like colorado

necks_c/09
10-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Holliday should win it without question in the NL and A-Rod should win it easily in the AL true dat

crzyjournalist03
10-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Total bases is going to be a reason a guy gets it over a player who is top 5 in the 3 main stat categories when Rollins isnt top 5 in any of them?

no...I said IF the Rockies make the playoffs, give it to Holliday...if the Rockies DON'T, then Rollins is the most deserving candidate from the playoff teams.

eagles_victory
10-01-2007, 04:33 PM
no...I said IF the Rockies make the playoffs, give it to Holliday...if the Rockies DON'T, then Rollins is the most deserving candidate from the playoff teams. you dont have to make the playoffs to get the mvp

xeagle10
10-01-2007, 04:33 PM
I think the rockies when with that amazing offense they have i think three different guys with at least 100 rbis.

crzyjournalist03
10-01-2007, 04:37 PM
you dont have to make the playoffs to get the mvp

have to, no.

But when there are deserving players on playoff teams and deserving players on non-playoff teams, who was more valuable? The guy who helped his team get to the playoffs. I personally just don't buy into the idea that you can be the most valuable player in the league if your team is sitting home and watching just like the league's worst team. Did that player help his team get CLOSER to the playoffs? Sure, but even without the guy, they would have missed the postseason.

Without Rollins, I don't think the Phillies are in the postseason. Without Holliday, if the Rockies lose tonight, they end up sitting at home just like they would be with him.

eagles_victory
10-01-2007, 04:39 PM
have to, no.

But when there are deserving players on playoff teams and deserving players on non-playoff teams, who was more valuable? The guy who helped his team get to the playoffs. I personally just don't buy into the idea that you can be the most valuable player in the league if your team is sitting home and watching just like the league's worst team. Did that player help his team get CLOSER to the playoffs? Sure, but even without the guy, they would have missed the postseason.

Without Rollins, I don't think the Phillies are in the postseason. Without Holliday, if the Rockies lose tonight, they end up sitting at home just like they would be with him. there are always a couple ways to go when voting for mvp

best player in league (a-rod when he won on last place rangers)
best player on best team in league (dirk in the nba)

crzyjournalist03
10-01-2007, 04:41 PM
there are always a couple ways to go when voting for mvp

best player in league (a-rod when he won on last place rangers)
best player on best team in league (dirk in the nba)

I always go for the word "valuable'...so usually that means a guy who led his team to the postseason. "Best player" is a completely different story.

Matt Holliday would win the "best player" award hands down.

eagles_victory
10-01-2007, 04:42 PM
you take rollins off the phillies i think they still fight for the playoffs... you take holliday off the rockies their 20 games under 500

crzyjournalist03
10-01-2007, 04:43 PM
I think Troy Tulowitzki deserves some serious attention for Rookie of the Year...I'm assuming that it goes to Braun for having an unbelievable season while not getting called up until six weeks in, but Tulowitzki is a stud in the making.

necks_c/09
10-01-2007, 04:45 PM
you take rollins off the phillies i think they still fight for the playoffs... you take holliday off the rockies their 20 games under 500 heck no....

if rollins or holliday is gone, they are both in the cellar....

Rollins has won multiple games by himself and is the most important person on that team.....

but the smae case could be made 4 a lot of players....

do the yanks make it w/o arod.....?

i highly doubt it

IHStangFan
10-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
True, but the good old "East Coast media" is all on the Jimmy Rollins bandwagon. and its football season...so the west coast media is too busy riding USC's jock to notice anything else. :D

eagles_victory
10-01-2007, 04:46 PM
I think Troy Tulowitzki deserves some serious attention for Rookie of the Year...I'm assuming that it goes to Braun for having an unbelievable season while not getting called up until six weeks in, but Tulowitzki is a stud in the making. i love tulowitzki remember that one stat where he hit like a homerun after the 9th or something like 3 times in a week and most people never did it 3 times in a career im not exactly sure what it was... Tulowitziki was a more valuable rookie then Braun was imo

eagles_victory
10-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
heck no....

if rollins or holliday is gone, they are both in the cellar....

Rollins has won multiple games by himself and is the most important person on that team.....

but the smae case could be made 4 a lot of players....

do the yanks make it w/o arod.....?

i highly doubt it If A-Rod doesnt win the AL MVP this year it will be the biggest MVP robbery in the history of all major sports

crzyjournalist03
10-01-2007, 04:56 PM
i love tulowitzki remember that one stat where he hit like a homerun after the 9th or something like 3 times in a week and most people never did it 3 times in a career im not exactly sure what it was... Tulowitziki was a more valuable rookie then Braun was imo

correct..actually, NO other player has ever done what he did 3 times in a career, and it happened three times in a week for him.

Tulowitzki hit a go-ahead home run in the 9th or later and his team lost the game all three times (Obviously, this can only happen on the road, but the fact that it had never happened to a player more than twice in his career and it happened to him three times in a week is crazy).

eagles_victory
10-01-2007, 04:58 PM
correct..actually, NO other player has ever done what he did 3 times in a career, and it happened three times in a week for him.

Tulowitzki hit a go-ahead home run in the 9th or later and his team lost the game all three times (Obviously, this can only happen on the road, but the fact that it had never happened to a player more than twice in his career and it happened to him three times in a week is crazy). i dont know whats more amazing that stat or that someone actually knew that no other player had ever done that

necks_c/09
10-01-2007, 04:58 PM

Tulowitzki hit a go-ahead home run in the 9th or later and his team lost the game all three times (Obviously, this can only happen on the road, but the fact that it had never happened to a player more than twice in his career and it happened to him three times in a week is crazy). one of those was gainst the astros

i believe loretta hit a walk off job that game.........

crzyjournalist03
10-01-2007, 05:00 PM
i dont know whats more amazing that stat or that someone actually knew that no other player had ever done that

man, it must pay good money to work in the MLB research department!

eagles_victory
10-01-2007, 05:05 PM
man, it must pay good money to work in the MLB research department! yea i wish i could get a job doing that for one of the professional sports leagues