PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Moves to 6 Man Football!!!

Bull19
10-01-2007, 10:41 AM
it hasn't happened yet, but it certainly is a possibility after another starting d-lineman quit. what is happening to cause all of these starting football players to quit or move to go play at other towns? rumor is also a good amount of starters now aren't planning on playing next year. this problem needs to get fixed.

pirate4state
10-01-2007, 10:52 AM
are they focusing on other sports or getting out of athletics all together? :thinking:

this is sad to hear.

Bull19
10-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
are they focusing on other sports or getting out of athletics all together? :thinking:

this is sad to hear.

dont just read the thread title, read the post:rolleyes:

pirate4state
10-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
dont just read the thread title, read the post:rolleyes: :confused: I did. I guess you don't know the answer to my question and I guess you didn't want or expect anyone to answer/comment on your question.

HTripleC13
10-01-2007, 11:50 AM
What? Who quit now?

1 and ONLY
10-01-2007, 12:10 PM
i wonder if it has something to do with the coaches???

Sweetwater Red
10-01-2007, 12:12 PM
What's a matter with ya'll? Are you just reading the thread
title?:devil: :D :devil:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-01-2007, 01:31 PM
What is going on? Before the season Bellville was picked to have a good run in the play-offs, players quit. Bellville still has a good team with replacing the Srs that quit, the coaching staff has done a good job of getting the younger players ready for Varsity football, now more are quiting? Bellville has a very good 9th and 10th grade class that will go deep if they all stick with it till there Sr. year. Why do we keep losing players? To many have quit this year, how many will it be next season?

HTripleC13
10-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Again, who quit?

Bull19
10-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by HTripleC13
Again, who quit?

medina i believe his name is, i know its the spanish boy that played d-line. i think that medina is the name? feel free to correct me if im wrong

bullpen
10-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Ayala quit not Medina

Bull19
10-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by bullpen
Ayala quit not Medina

their u go htriplec...im not always right:)

burnet44
10-01-2007, 03:33 PM
If they quit
you prpbably dont need em anyway
Its 4th and 1
and you need it
they will quit then too
Im sure Ill get another thread on my comment here
Its good to be popular
People need lives

UPanIN
10-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Nice screen before dist starts Bull19.:helpme: :bigcry:

Brahma84
10-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Ayala has quit in past years, and the coaches have let him return. Heard that he quit because he missed a practice and didn't want to have to run. Also heard that Carter quit, he was not going to be able to play after grades came out.
As far as next year, wait and see. You never know??? There are some baseball players who may play fallball next year, but that is a long time away.

Bull's-eye
10-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by 1 and ONLY
i wonder if it has something to do with the coaches???

Has players quit like this in the past years? Bellville has had the same coaches for several years. I know Coach Valentine went to Needville and he was well liked by most of the players.

KL3
10-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Billy Carter quit? There goes another defensive starter.

necks_c/09
10-01-2007, 05:13 PM
I'd quit if i played for bellville too....

lol

J/K Dont go all ape nuts on me

bullpen
10-01-2007, 05:15 PM
This senior class was pretty salty as youngsters, for those that remember. Undefeated 7th, 8th, & 9th grade years. Also about 13 moved to var. as soph. Still playing and playing well are Sandman at safety, Crawford at 2 Tech & O line, Conley QB, Henley O line, Mayfield Safety, Paggent at LB is hurt, but should return soon. Chaney is running track, Trahane quite as did Ledbetter. I can't remember the rest in that very talented class. I agree it is sad to see so many quite, but there is enough talent there to still make a run in district. The big thing is with so many leaving this year Bellville is thin, but the young guys coming up should have lots of experience.

necks_c/09
10-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by bullpen
This senior class was pretty salty as youngsters, for those that remember. Undefeated 7th, 8th, & 9th grade years. Also about 13 moved to var. as soph. Still playing and playing well are Sandman at safety, Crawford at 2 Tech & O line, Conley QB, Henley O line, Mayfield Safety, Paggent at LB is hurt, but should return soon. Chaney is running track, Trahane quite as did Ledbetter. I can't remember the rest in that very talented class. I agree it is sad to see so many quite, but there is enough talent there to still make a run in district. The big thing is with so many leaving this year Bellville is thin, but the young guys coming up should have lots of experience. You spelled "quit" wrong 2 times....

I guess i should Quite correcting people huh?

Bull19
10-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Billy Carter quit? There goes another defensive starter.

not "the kid" he was my fav brahma player simpley cause his name...billy the kid.

its not just players quiting though. besides the head coaches it seems like every year their are new assistants coaching for both the girls and boys

Brahma84
10-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Carter did not have a good first half against HC last week. I don't think he saw the field the second half. I know he's fast, but he has trouble covering recievers, because of his size.

necks_c/09
10-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Carter did not have a good first half against HC last week. I don't think he saw the field the second half. I know he's fast, but he has trouble covering recievers, because of his size. and so this is why he quit?

b/c hes big and they have him covering receivers?

Brahma84
10-01-2007, 05:32 PM
No, he's small, about 5'4, and most receivers are 6+.

necks_c/09
10-01-2007, 05:34 PM
No, he's small, about 5'4, and most receivers are 6+. and he starts b/c why?

if hes good hes good..... and if he aint, then y does he start and why are we complaining?

KL3
10-01-2007, 05:35 PM
I read in the Tri-County football preview issue that Carter had moved to CB from LB in preseason. Not surpising then that he has struggled in coverage somewhat.

Bellville has had remarkable success in 7th-9th grades the last 6-7 years. It's a shame that so many of them are quiting. Already this year, the 7th and 8th grade A teams are both 3-0 having beat Navasota and Stephen F. Austin junior high in Bryan. They play Jane Long middle school from College Station tomorrow so we'll see how that goes.

With those 2 grades, a 3-0 freshman team, and this amazing sophomore class, there still looks to be a good amount of talent coming up.

Gobbla2001
10-01-2007, 05:58 PM
It happens to the best of 'em, and it is unfortunate...

in '99, Cuero had a senior player (VIP - Very Important Player, starter) fail a class while we were going into the playoffs... the player didn't show up for practice a couple of times... coach kicked him off of the team and two of his buddies (also VIPs, starters) quit as well... then his other close friends that stayed on the team ended up loafing a bit because of it... exited the playoffs in the second round...

Kids are young, they want to be independent, yet at the same time they want to do what is "in" amongst their classmates at the momment... authority becomes the enemy in their young minds... it happens :(

they'll be wishing they hadn't left in about 10 years

Good luck the rest of the way Bellville, I'm just sure this all boils down to youth trying to express their independence, and has nothing to do with bad coaching etc...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
I'd quit if i played for bellville too..

Is there anyway you could just not post when the subject of the topic has anything to do with Bellville?

Bull's-eye
10-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Also heard that Carter quit, he was not going to be able to play after grades came out.

This answers the question why Carter quit the taem.

HTripleC13
10-01-2007, 06:08 PM
It takes a real man to admit when he's wrong Bull19, that is very courageous of you...

Brahma84
10-01-2007, 06:08 PM
If you are going to quit, the don't start. If you start, then don't quit!!

Bull's-eye
10-01-2007, 06:09 PM
I'd quit if i played for bellville too...

I would quit watching their games if you played for them! :D

HTripleC13
10-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Brahma84, email me or send me a message, we need to talk... Its all good, I promis:)

Bull's-eye
10-01-2007, 06:11 PM
It takes a real man to admit when he's wrong Bull19, that is very courageous of you...

He's a very courageous young man.

HTripleC13
10-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
He's a very courageous young man.
HE's the cream of the crop in my book!

necks_c/09
10-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Is there anyway you could just not post when the subject of the topic has anything to do with Bellville? well if you hadnt aken it so serious and read the reast of the post, then you Would have noticed the giant j/j part of it....

Brahma84
10-01-2007, 06:42 PM
News from practice today: moved up 4 JV guys, Polk, Cummings, Gilmore and McNeil. No Carter @ practice, but he said he was still playing despite missing several practices last week. Ayala says he quit to get a job???
Also moved Crawford out to DE. Heard he looked really good there today in practice.

HTripleC13
10-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Again, Brahma84 lets talk, I have a vital question I need to ask you....

Gobbla2001
10-01-2007, 06:59 PM
I have a vital question I need to ask you....

do you need to know his pulse? :confused:

KL3
10-01-2007, 07:03 PM
I'm surprised they haven't moved up Leopold from j.v. to help out the d-line. I saw him play last year and was very impressed.

Big Papa
10-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by KL3
I'm surprised they haven't moved up Leopold from j.v. to help out the d-line. I saw him play last year and was very impressed.

:thinking: :thinking: ooohhh...i get it...YOU'RE leopold

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-01-2007, 09:56 PM
well if you hadnt aken it so serious and read the reast of the post, then you Would have noticed the giant j/j part of it....

This is serious, let your team have 7 or more starters quit, and see if it is not a serious matter! By the way good luck to WC the rest of the way, looks it might be Columbus, Needville, and West Columbia out of the District.

zebrablue2
10-01-2007, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bull19
it hasn't happened yet, but it certainly is a possibility after another starting d-lineman quit. what is happening to cause all of these starting football players to quit or move to go play at other towns? rumor is also a good amount of starters now aren't planning on playing next year. this problem needs to get fixed. [/QUOTE

6 man football, what a joke. players that quit do it because they do not want to play any more, for whatever reason. some go out and get a job, others have other sports they are interested in. football is a tough game, and not for everyone. don't know the reason the last two quit, but I do not think it is because of the coaches. rumor's are just rumor's. if the kid has the heart, guts, and love of the game, he will play.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
[QUOTE]

players that quit do it because they do not want to play any more, rumor's are just rumor's. if the kid has the heart, guts, and love of the game, he will play.

Rumor? I see 7 or more starters not playing for Bellville to date, I have seen the heart, guts and love of the game in most Srs that have quit. They have had all this untill now, how do these players lose that in a year?

BrahmaMom
10-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Okay, here's what I know &/or think, FWIW: you had some players who truly did need to work due to family circumstances &/or are specializing in other sports where they have a future in college, you have some players across teams-varsity down to freshmen, who are having academic trouble. You also have some injuries on all the teams. Why so many quitting? Coaching staff and changes-3A salaries make it difficult to retain coaches. It's a rebuilding year, and moral is low. My own observation is that some of the assistant coaches are not focused on teaching and leading the players as much as showing how macho they are. Lots of issues go into this year. Bottom line: It's a rough year, but the Brahmas have performed better than expected. Go Bulls!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
My own observation is that some of the assistant coaches are not focused on teaching and leading the players as much as showing how macho they are.

:thinking:

Bull19
10-01-2007, 10:33 PM
It's a rebuilding year, and moral is low. My own observation is that some of the assistant coaches are not focused on teaching and leading the players as much as showing how macho they are. Lots of issues go into this year. Bottom line: It's a rough year, but the Brahmas have performed better than expected. Go Bulls!

rebuilding year? their shouldn't be one in bellville for at least 4 more years...look at the junior high teams records

showing how macho they are?:rolleyes:

Bull19
10-01-2007, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bull19
it hasn't happened yet, but it certainly is a possibility after another starting d-lineman quit. what is happening to cause all of these starting football players to quit or move to go play at other towns? rumor is also a good amount of starters now aren't planning on playing next year. this problem needs to get fixed. [/QUOTE

6 man football, what a joke. players that quit do it because they do not want to play any more, for whatever reason. some go out and get a job, others have other sports they are interested in. football is a tough game, and not for everyone. don't know the reason the last two quit, but I do not think it is because of the coaches. rumor's are just rumor's. if the kid has the heart, guts, and love of the game, he will play.

where are their rumors?

18handicap
10-01-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Bellville has had remarkable success in 7th-9th grades the last 6-7 years. It's a shame that so many of them are quiting. Already this year, the 7th and 8th grade A teams are both 3-0 having beat Navasota and Stephen F. Austin junior high in Bryan. They play Jane Long middle school from College Station tomorrow so we'll see how that goes.

The two middle schools in College Station are A&M Consolidated Middle School and College Station Middle School. Jane Long is in Bryan ISD.

Brahma84
10-02-2007, 06:47 AM
After losing the players we did before the season started, a 3-1 start is great. I know that 23AAA is going to be a tough district this year, but don't count Bellville out just yet.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-02-2007, 07:49 AM
After losing the players we did before the season started, a 3-1 start is great. I know that 23AAA is going to be a tough district this year, but don't count Bellville out just yet.

3-1 is a great start, for this young team, take away the turnovers vs 4a Barbers Hill the Brahmas would be 4-0. District will be tough, but the coaching staff has done a good job with the players that want to play, they will have the young Brahmas ready for District.

trg
10-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Bellville has a strong 7th, 8th and Freshman class. Don't know much about the upperclassmen but 3-1 sounds pretty good to me. Go Bellville!!!

Mother of an 8th grader

Reds fan
10-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Bull19

its not just players quiting though. besides the head coaches it seems like every year their are new assistants coaching for both the girls and boys [/B]

Good point Bull, football is not the only sport losing players and coaches. There has been a revolving door in coaching at Bellville, on the girls side Coach Brewer and maybe one assistant have remained. Volleyball lost a lot of lettering players from last year also. Probably won't have much effect on district volleyball but will hurt in the playoffs.

rockdale80
10-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
If they quit
you prpbably dont need em anyway
Its 4th and 1
and you need it
they will quit then too
Im sure Ill get another thread on my comment here
Its good to be popular
People need lives

Just a thread asking a simple question.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Good point Bull, football is not the only sport losing players and coaches. There has been a revolving door in coaching at Bellville, on the girls side Coach Brewer and maybe one assistant have remained. Volleyball lost a lot of lettering players from last year also.

Who quit in Volley-ball? Srs?

BrahmaMom
10-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Even though the younger grades have good teams, you tend to lose a lot of them going into high school or after their freshman year. Again, just my observation. I respect those that have a chance to go to the next level in another sport. I suggest those with academic problems SOLVE them, these are STUDENT-athletes. There is more attitude in this generation, they are less willing to "put up or shut up"-not that I necessarily disagree with them at times. They are also less willing to pay the price that it takes to excel. Still, the Brahmas look pretty good to me. And I'd say, given the turmoil, the team and staff are doing a heck of a job! GO BRAHMAS!

HTripleC13
10-02-2007, 08:03 PM
As far as I know, this isn't just a one year thing.. I played for Bellville and the fact is that we all wanted to quit at one point or another, we just never did. I think we cared more about our teamates an the guys around us more than anything else. Yeah the coaches ticked us off, but we stuck it out for each other.. Maybe the kids this year just got tired and decided that they didn't care about the game anymore, you never know. The class of 05 and 06 should be the most upset about this because it was or seasons that got altered or ENDED because of inexperienced players that are now in their senior year and aren't playing. Like someone who can't catch a kickoff in the air as a sophomore, then later decides to quit.... Yeah ends our senior season and doesnt even stick around for his....
(Those of you who witnessed this in the fall of 2005 in Bryan against Giddings know exactly what I'm talking about)

BrahmaMom
10-02-2007, 08:05 PM
You're right. Those classes were treated badly, IMO.

1 and ONLY
10-02-2007, 08:39 PM
HtripleC your my hero man. I know exactly what you mean, I was probably standing beside you when that happened.

O and he just didnt miss one kickoff he missed 2!!!

BrahmaMom
10-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Ah, I see the team chemistry working there. Maybe that is what is off this year. Y'all have hit the nail on the head. The Bulls are still holding their own, but district is gonna give us a run for our money. Get ready, Brahmas!

seasick4
10-02-2007, 10:38 PM
Funny, how some of us just keep on talking......Just letting the others (the opponents and their coaches)....Letting them know what is going on!!! That is stuff you DONT POST.... So much for keeping it from the opponents.. That is what makes me angry!!

KL3
10-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Both the 8th grade A team and the 7th grade A team beat Jane Long Middle school in Bryan last night. Both are now 4-0 on the season.

Story (http://www.brazossports.com/stories/100307/football_20071003036.php)

Bulligator
10-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Seasick, I couldn't agree more. If you look at the time of the original post, it was at the time practice was starting. And then, we have the post practice report of the JV players that were moved up to practice with the varsity. I doubt that most of the team had even left the locker room at that time.

As for the season, we have a lot of players with very little varsity experience. As time progresses, they will adjust and mature. As from what I've seen, the team has great unity, and the remaining seniors are leading the best they can.

And as with all team sports at all levels, players come and go. The good teams are able to fill their positions and continue on. Folks, Bellville has a very good nucleus of young players, and I think that most of them will remain with the program. This may not be a championship season, but the hard work and experience the young players are going through will reap benefits in the future.

Bull19
10-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
This may not be a championship season, but the hard work and experience the young players are going through will reap benefits in the future.

YES IF THEY DECIDE NOT TO QUIT AS WELL

XMan
10-03-2007, 04:48 PM
There was something said earlier about a high turn around with coaches. Could be one of a few things. 1. Bellville doesnt pay all that well compared to some nearby districts. 2. Bellville's coaches put in a TON of hours. 3. Last but not least, coaches may get tired of having to dress alike, especially in the red southland cotton shorts.

Big Papa
10-03-2007, 05:02 PM
[QU]

6man football, what a joke.

OH NO HE DIDN'T!!!

Bulligator
10-03-2007, 05:28 PM
The reason for the seniors and others quitting has been discussed on other posts. We don’t need to go over that again, as they are no longer on the team. They have to live with their decision, whatever that may have been. They all had their reasons, and I will not question or judge them.

As you have stated, Bull19, the underclassmen will improve if they don’t quit. I sincerely hope that they don’t look at the ones that have quit as “If they quit, so can I.” This is not a good lesson to be learned.

When I was growing up, if a player on a team quit, he was looked down upon as being weak. In today’s society, it could be seen as if the quitters were standing up against authority. They are seen as coming out a winner because of the idea that “I showed them, I don’t have to take that, screw them, I’ve got better things to do.” We’ve all heard that there is no I in TEAM.

It appears that this has been lost on some of today’s kids. If you were to follow some of these kids in the future, would we see that they always take the easy way out? Maybe so, maybe not.

A lot of the younger players have been playing together since the 5th grade, and respect each other and what it means to be on a winning TEAM. I may be wrong on lots of things, but I have faith in them staying in the program. I’m sure they all know what they can accomplish together.

Some parting quotes:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

"The most rewarding things you do in life are often the ones that look like they cannot be done." -- Arnold Palmer

“Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.” – Vince Lombardi

1 and ONLY
10-03-2007, 08:19 PM
I believe that the seniors this year saw their best players quit and thought they werent going to be any good so they decided to quit too

necks_c/09
10-03-2007, 08:30 PM
I believe that the seniors this year saw their best players quit and thought they werent going to be any good so they decided to quit too what a great theory, not.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-03-2007, 08:39 PM
I believe that the seniors this year saw their best players quit and thought they werent going to be any good so they decided to quit too

They were wrong, about not being any good, the younger players and coaches are doing a great job.

BrahmaMom
10-03-2007, 08:43 PM
Bulligator, I apologize for sharing possibly too much. I do agree with you in so many respects. I don't have respect for those who don't have valid reasons for quitting after committing to this year's team. There is a great deal about football that builds character. I can say that the freshman team has got the team spirit and I hope lots of them continue on. Bellville runs as much on determination and tradition as talent and numbers, if not more. Regardless of the final score, I am always proud of our Brahmas!

rancher
10-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Having two sons who played for Huey, I can tell you they were proud they were in his program. Huey runs a great program and gets every player involved by having them play somewhere during each game. I just hope the senior class this year was a fluke. I see nothing but good things coming. My sons are older now and look back on the hard work ethic taught to them in the program. Like they say now, no pain - no gain. Huey has my vote of confidence

Bull19
10-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Bulligator, I apologize for sharing possibly too much. I do agree with you in so many respects. I don't have respect for those who don't have valid reasons for quitting after committing to this year's team. There is a great deal about football that builds character. I can say that the freshman team has got the team spirit and I hope lots of them continue on. Bellville runs as much on determination and tradition as talent and numbers, if not more. Regardless of the final score, I am always proud of our Brahmas!

do you not have respect for people who quit a couple years ago?

nette_mom
10-04-2007, 10:07 AM
My thoughts on the topic. You keep harping on these Senior boys quitting football, maybe it just wasn't fun anymore, and from what I here they wanted to step aside and let the guys who truely love the game and are hungry for the sport play! The gentlemen that quit did not rely on Bellville Football as their LIFE! These young men are scholors in the top 10% of their very intelligent Senior Class and they are all going to be attending Division 1 schools because of their academics!!!! Let's Applaud them for that!!! How many of these young men actually go on to play college level football all 4 years???? Maybe they want to concentrate on academics and what truely is going to get them somewhere in Life!!! I say get over it and focus on the players who want to be there.

Bull19
10-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by nette_mom
These young men are scholors in the top 10% of their very intelligent Senior Class and they are all going to be attending Division 1 schools because of their academics!!!! Let's Applaud them for that!!! Maybe they want to concentrate on academics and what truely is going to get them somewhere in Life!!! I

well if these kids are gunna concentrate on academics, lets see how many decide to still play basketball, baseball, track, tennis, etc....

BNVL
10-04-2007, 12:33 PM
My thoughts on the topic. You keep harping on these Senior boys quitting football, maybe it just wasn't fun anymore, and from what I here they wanted to step aside and let the guys who truely love the game and are hungry for the sport play! The gentlemen that quit did not rely on Bellville Football as their LIFE! These young men are scholors in the top 10% of their very intelligent Senior Class and they are all going to be attending Division 1 schools because of their academics!!!! Let's Applaud them for that!!! How many of these young men actually go on to play college level football all 4 years???? Maybe they want to concentrate on academics and what truely is going to get them somewhere in Life!!! I say get over it and focus on the players who want to be there.

I KNOW that's right!

UPanIN
10-04-2007, 02:15 PM
My son was told if he started something he finished. If the next year he didn't want to play then that was okay.

Don't let your kids grow up thinking they can just quit if things don't go the way they think it should. It will become a habit. JMO

HTripleC13
10-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Please.. Have you had a kid go through the Bellville Education System and get into a Division I college?? They may have quit for not liking the game, but honestly academics.. I didn't crack a book my senior year, made straight A's, got into A&M, and made academic all-state in football and baseball, all on top of being involved in band and plenty of outside organizations... And I wasn't in the top 10% of my class... The top 10% of my class had 4.0's which included three of my teamates... One class at bellville high school got me prepared for college and that was latin with Mr. Fuller. I just find it really hard to believe that these young men wanted to quit football to concentrate on academics.. AP or not, it wasn't that hard... (This post was not meant to make me sound good, but to discredit the academic system that is Bellville ISD, or Bellville High School)

necks_c/09
10-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Please.. Have you had a kid go through the Bellville Education System and get into a Division I college?? They may have quit for not liking the game, but honestly academics.. I didn't crack a book my senior year, made straight A's, got into A&M, and made academic all-state in football and baseball, all on top of being involved in band and plenty of outside organizations... And I wasn't in the top 10% of my class... The top 10% of my class had 4.0's which included three of my teamates... One class at bellville high school got me prepared for college and that was latin with Mr. Fuller. I just find it really hard to believe that these young men wanted to quit football to concentrate on academics.. AP or not, it wasn't that hard... (This post was not meant to make me sound good, but to discredit the academic system that is Bellville ISD, or Bellville High School) or HS as a whole, b/c all they concentrate on it TAKS scores...

They teach to em, praise the tables they sit on, and schools revolve around em...

its pathetic

BrahmaMom
10-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Bulligator-I have respect for anyone who chooses before the start of the season, or after the start if their circumstances change, to quit a sport. Whatever the reason. When I say they need to focus on academics HTriple..., it is not to excel but to gain much needed basic skills to survive as an adult. Yes, I have had a son go through Bellville AND play DI football at Rice. No, he didn't take the AP classes (and regretted it). My point is, lots goes on every year, this happens to be one with more losses than usual. I feel that once you commit, you stay with it. My son got hurt the first game of his senior year, never to play HS football again, yet didn't quit. He stayed with his team. That was right for him. I don't think we need to tear up anyone for leaving a sport to grow in another direction. I do hope the young men stick with a commitment. Didn't mean to start anything with anyone. I am a Brahma fan, always.

Bull19
10-05-2007, 10:07 AM
When I say they need to focus on academics it is not to excel but to gain much needed basic skills to survive as an adult. :thinking:

Bull's-eye
10-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Does Bellville have a game tonight? Hadn't heard anything about who they are playing.

Bull19
10-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Does Bellville have a game tonight? Hadn't heard anything about who they are playing.

yes they are playing st. thomas.....bellville better not overlook them or they could come up and suprise the brahmas......

maybe you can call me with scores bulls-eye, ill be in c-town watching the tigers and cardinals

BrahmaMom
10-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Go Brahmas!

buff4ever
10-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Brahmas will be fine. Another victory tonite and on to district play. I expect giddings and bellville to be undefeated in district play when they play each other in four weeks.