PDA

View Full Version : Dogman, Rockdale 80, Go Blue

Johnny Utah
10-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Who is next for the Tigers? Read the Reporter online, saw a pic of the new uni's and helmets!!! Throwbacks baby!!! Gold!!!

Johnny Utah
10-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Any info?

pirate4state
10-01-2007, 11:20 AM
http://www.3adownlow.com/18-3A.php

looks like they get Robinson this week

rockdale80
10-01-2007, 12:23 PM
They do look pretty cool. Robinson. Need to regroup this week.

Johnny Utah
10-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Friend of mine is the O-line coach at Robinson, very well coached to say the least. PJ Williams sr. year we had Robinson beat!! Scored game tying touch down, kicked the extra point to tie.... Well, we had 12 on the field!!! Had to back up due to the penalty, kick it again, and guess what! WE missed it!!

Old Tiger
10-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Friend of mine is the O-line coach at Robinson, very well coached to say the least. PJ Williams sr. year we had Robinson beat!! Scored game tying touch down, kicked the extra point to tie.... Well, we had 12 on the field!!! Had to back up due to the penalty, kick it again, and guess what! WE missed it!! Was Creghan the coach?

87 TIGER
10-02-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm sure he was, he was here for 10 years.

Dogman_1969
10-02-2007, 08:34 AM
I was at that game. I thought we went for 2 and missed it after we were backed up by the penalty?

I remember Travis Ortega (starting QB) was injured and big John Robertson stepped in and threw a long pass that PJ ran under late in the game for the TD.

I also remember the referees running to their cars after the game..... That was funny.....

Johnny Utah
10-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Dogman, I think you are right on that!!! It was one heck of a game!!! Robinson was always athletic as all get out!!! Big John still around??? PJ??? Those things happen in football!!

Johnny Utah
10-02-2007, 10:59 AM
By the way..... Which coach has had the most playoff teams in the Rock since 1980??? Anyone care to guess???

rockdale80
10-02-2007, 11:47 AM
By the way..... Which coach has had the most playoff teams in the Rock since 1980??? Anyone care to guess???

Creghan?

CenTexSports
10-02-2007, 01:39 PM
What do you feed the young ones in Rockdale? I was at a pee wee game Saturday and they had three (kids?) on the sixth grade team that averaged between them 6' 3" and weighed well over 225 pounds. They were huge.

Johnny Utah
10-02-2007, 03:02 PM
You got it! Creghan!

Dogman_1969
10-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
What do you feed the young ones in Rockdale? I was at a pee wee game Saturday and they had three (kids?) on the sixth grade team that averaged between them 6' 3" and weighed well over 225 pounds. They were huge.

Hey CenTexSports you saw the Texans. Did you stay and see the Tigers play Elgin? The Texans are bigger size wise than we are but both teams are very good.

CenTexSports
10-02-2007, 07:29 PM
I saw them both and they are large young men. They both have good teams.

BTW, why are they playing the Rockdale schedule in Milano? I heard that the Rockdale school folks would not let the league use their HS field.

burnet44
10-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I saw them both and they are large young men. They both have good teams.

BTW, why are they playing the Rockdale schedule in Milano? I heard that the Rockdale school folks would not let the league use their HS field.

they should

Dogman_1969
10-03-2007, 01:35 PM
This year the facility use policy was re-written to include the phrase "facilities with turf are not to be used during a varsity season". This was put in full well knowing that the pee wee season would be over before the varsity season". When school board officials were asked who approved the change and when no one seems to know. I know who did it and so does everyone else.

We seem to talk a great line about wanting to lead the way and involve the community in our school systems and then the ones making the decisions pull stunts like this.

These decisions do not in any way involve our coaching staff here for there are several coaches that have their own kids playing and competing on these teams and have to travel for home games. This week we have our home games in Lexington on their field.

The parents, coaches and players would all like to thank Milano ISD and Lexington ISD for allowing our kids to compete using their facilities.

Johnny Utah
10-03-2007, 01:58 PM
In my opinion some small schools, meaning 3a and lower, seem to think they are a large school and do weird things like you mentioned Dogman. Makes no sense to me. Some school districts pay way too much attention to things like that. They pay people or give title to people that have "strange" positions. A waste of money in my opinion.

rockdale80
10-03-2007, 02:51 PM
In my opinion some small schools, meaning 3a and lower, seem to think they are a large school and do weird things like you mentioned Dogman. Makes no sense to me. Some school districts pay way too much attention to things like that. They pay people or give title to people that have "strange" positions. A waste of money in my opinion.

How much damage is a 60 - 100 lb kid going to do anyway? Some people in Rockdale are way too high on themselves. What a joke?:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
10-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
How much damage is a 60 - 100 lb kid going to do anyway? Some people in Rockdale are way too high on themselves. What a joke?:rolleyes: Did they ever cancel any of your junior high/sub-varsity games because they didn't want to mess the field up when it was raining? Also the games are on saturday usually in the mornings! That gives them 6 days to get the field back in shape. Rockdale could also do the cheaper thing in the long run and go with Field Turf.

Johnny Utah
10-03-2007, 02:58 PM
I can remember a few times way back in the day that jh games were cancelled due to bad weather or for soggy field conditions, meaning that they did not want the field to be torn up for the varsity contest. Has Rockdale upgraded the press box on the home side? What about the field house? I bet the "New School" is going to be SWEET!! Gym is in major need of upgrades, or a new gym is needed period.

Old Tiger
10-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Press box is still crappy...all they did was paint it. Field house isn't anything special really. New paint job new lockers.

Johnny Utah
10-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Wow! Same press box and field house for a LONG, LONG, LONG TIME. Still use the elementary gym for hs bball practice???

Old Tiger
10-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Wow! Same press box and field house for a LONG, LONG, LONG TIME. Still use the elementary gym for hs bball practice??? don't know i'm not much of a b-baller

Johnny Utah
10-03-2007, 03:05 PM
New track surface I am sure at least once every 5 to 6 years. Rockdale Relays baby!!!

87 TIGER
10-03-2007, 03:13 PM
I believe there will be a new gym in the new school and keep the old one for a practice gym

Johnny Utah
10-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Good for RISD. The facilities need to be upgraded for the kids sake.

burnet44
10-03-2007, 03:18 PM
the track was fair when I shot the Rockdale Relays 5 years ago.

rockdale80
10-03-2007, 06:58 PM
I can remember a few times way back in the day that jh games were cancelled due to bad weather or for soggy field conditions, meaning that they did not want the field to be torn up for the varsity contest. Has Rockdale upgraded the press box on the home side? What about the field house? I bet the "New School" is going to be SWEET!! Gym is in major need of upgrades, or a new gym is needed period.

Press box is old, but they have fixed it up. New siding and paint. Also fixed the inside of it up from what it was in the day. The stuff may be old, but it is taken care of, and 10 times better than most schools facilities.