PDA

View Full Version : Can Decatur salvage the season??

fballfan
09-30-2007, 10:45 PM
I havent seen them play this year yet. But a friend of mine has been to quite a few of their games. And from what i hear the players can play. But, i have heard that the play call hasn't been as up to par as decatur has had in the past. I was wanting to know from those of you who have seen them play if there is any light at the end of the tunnel for this team?

Matthew328
09-30-2007, 11:07 PM
Decatur will be OK.....they are 2-3 headed into their grudge match with Birdgeport..they'll be in the playoffs

KTA
09-30-2007, 11:23 PM
its the same play calling that has led to them past success. The talent is down, and the team really hasnt gelled together. I say they take 3rd in district and get killed by Ab Wylie in the 1st rd (would be nice if they met halfway in Graham...after all we do have that new turf;) )

BullsFan
09-30-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
...they'll be in the playoffs

I sincerely hope you're right about that. If/when we make the playoffs, I'd just as soon let Decatur have that big school berth.

injuredinmelee
10-01-2007, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by KTA
its the same play calling that has led to them past success. The talent is down, and the team really hasnt gelled together. I say they take 3rd in district and get killed by Ab Wylie in the 1st rd (would be nice if they met halfway in Graham...after all we do have that new turf;) )
would be nicer if your bleachers held about 2000 more fans.

rangerjim
10-01-2007, 08:06 AM
KTA nailed it - the team is just now gelling. They have lost a couple of close games against some good teams. They are showing the signs of a young team - turnovers/penalties but Coach Story will coach them out of that.

After this week off and district begins should be a lot of fun to watch. The quarterback they have settled on is a sophmore and has had two really good games in a row. Trant is getting stronger running/catching the ball and their defense has been really good this year so far. Nothing like the first district game being one of the state's best rivalries to kick it off.

fballfan
10-01-2007, 11:24 AM
thanks for the input yall

charlesrixey
10-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim
KTA nailed it - the team is just now gelling. They have lost a couple of close games against some good teams. They are showing the signs of a young team - turnovers/penalties but Coach Story will coach them out of that.

After this week off and district begins should be a lot of fun to watch. The quarterback they have settled on is a sophmore and has had two really good games in a row. Trant is getting stronger running/catching the ball and their defense has been really good this year so far. Nothing like the first district game being one of the state's best rivalries to kick it off.

they'll be fine in district--at least make the playoffs

#1Eaglefan
10-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Each week this group of young men has gotten better & better. I think we'll still take top district honors. The fluff will come out when the real games begin!!!!!!!!!!! We've got a couple of tough ones ahead of us, but we'll be fine.