PDA

View Full Version : Ballinger & Wylie matchup

whsfan
11-03-2002, 10:50 AM
For the second straight year the district championship comes down to game 10 in Ballinger. The game last year was a standing room only crowd and it looks like another classic showdown this year. I'll take Wylie by a touchdown.

spiderman
11-03-2002, 05:18 PM
This will be another great game between Ballinger and Wylie. It looks like those Wylie Bulldogs are pulling it all together. I will have to go with Wylie. They are loaded with talent. I think they ran 9 different guys with the ball this last week. If the coach utilizes all of the team's talent, this team will go far.

Wtx_coach
11-03-2002, 05:29 PM
Well Wylie has had some ball games this year, Im goign with balinger this year by 3, just a hunch, good luck bearcats!!!

hsguru
11-03-2002, 07:31 PM
I hear that Ballinger has redone the home side seating but left the visitors seating the same, all 200 seats. Guess we will get to sit in the grass again this year.

vet93
11-03-2002, 09:13 PM
Hey Guru...You are right we did redo the home side but did not have enough money this year to redo the visitor side. What can I say...we are a poor district. We plan to redo the vistors side next year from what I have heard. One thing that is improved a little is the parking. There is a large parking lot behind the home stands that is about twice the size of the parking lot on the north end of the field. If the crowd is as big as last year it will still be pretty difficult to get a decent parking spot and seat. I don't think that the crowd will be as big as last year because last year both teams were undefeated.

hsguru:
I hear that Ballinger has redone the home side seating but left the visitors seating the same, all 200 seats. Guess we will get to sit in the grass again this year.

whsfan
11-06-2002, 12:10 AM
I bet the crowd from Wylie is every bit as big as the one last year. We are going to be there early just in case.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by vet93:
[QB]Hey Guru...You are right we did redo the home side but did not have enough money this year to redo the visitor side. What can I say...we are a poor district. We plan to redo the vistors side next year from what I have heard. One thing that is improved a little is the parking. There is a large parking lot behind the home stands that is about twice the size of the parking lot on the north end of the field. If the crowd is as big as last year it will still be pretty difficult to get a decent parking spot and seat. I don't think that the crowd will be as big as last year because last year both teams were undefeated.

ClydeFan
11-06-2002, 09:46 AM
I think this will be a great game. It's a tough call for me, but I'm leaning slightly towards Wylie winning this one. I would not be surprised to see Ballinger pull off the upset, though. Good luck to both teams, and hope the game is injury-free.

vet93
11-06-2002, 09:53 AM
Hey ClydeFan...Good luck to the Bulldogs. Take care of business and you guys are playoff bound! Great turnaround season :D

ClydeFan:
I think this will be a great game. It's a tough call for me, but I'm leaning slightly towards Wylie winning this one. I would not be surprised to see Ballinger pull off the upset, though. Good luck to both teams, and hope the game is injury-free.

whsfan
11-06-2002, 05:03 PM
I've got to agree with Vet about taking care of business and Clyde should be playoff bound. Good luck!

Grandstander
11-06-2002, 11:06 PM
Since district started Wylie has been playing great Football. The defense is great and the team has been running the ball at will. Looks like another run for the district championship. They will beat Ballinger by 13 points.

ClydeFan
11-07-2002, 02:31 PM
Thanks, "Vet93" and "whsfan"! I think Clyde will beat Comanche and will make the playoffs for the first time since '96. Good luck also to Wylie and Ballinger in the playoffs.

pero chato
11-07-2002, 03:32 PM
The Ballinger/Wylie game will be the biggest game around here for sure. I think the fact that the game has no implications on the playoffs takes away a little, though. But I know both teams are still wanting that district trophy to add to their trophy case. I'm sure Ballinger remembers what Felts did last year and will be keying on him. I would like to see our passing game pick up a little, because we are going to need it. It's good to see Clyde back in the playoff picture--I think they will beat Comanche handily.
Good luck to Ballinger, Clyde and Wylie in the playoffs!

whsfan
11-09-2002, 06:09 PM
This was an incredably hard fought game. Give it to the Bearcats it looked like they were going to get the win right up to the very. They played very hard nosed football! You also have to acknowledge the effort and heart that Wylie poured into the game. A lot teams might of rolled over in the 4th quarter given the penalties and the score. I'm sure proud of our DAWGS! Good luck to the Bearcats in the playoffs.

vet93
11-09-2002, 07:14 PM
Congratulations to Wylie. Ya'll had a great comeback in the final 5 minutes. I am still proud of my Bearcats. They left it all on the field. I think they kind of ran out of gas in the 4th quarter. Good luck in your rematch against Graham. They will be gunning for you guys. If you can play like you did against us you will be o.k.

whsfan:
This was an incredably hard fought game. Give it to the Bearcats it looked like they were going to get the win right up to the very. They played very hard nosed football! You also have to acknowledge the effort and heart that Wylie poured into the game. A lot teams might of rolled over in the 4th quarter given the penalties and the score. I'm sure proud of our DAWGS! Good luck to the Bearcats in the playoffs.