PDA

View Full Version : Tuloso-Midway

GetRDoneStangs
09-30-2007, 06:44 PM
What class are they??? I was checking out the Port Lavaca score in the Victoria Advocate.....ouch!!!!

I did not see a "Game Summary", but if this is what was the total for the game....:o :o :o

Tuloso-Midway (0-5) was limited to just 8 yards rushing and 2 yards passing as the Sandcrabs forced four turnovers with three fumble recoveries and a Armand Verber interception

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/555/story/129371.html

big daddy russ
09-30-2007, 06:45 PM
They're 4A.

pirate4state
09-30-2007, 06:45 PM
they are 4a in the same district with Calallen, i think

GetRDoneStangs
09-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Maybe thaey need to play Big Spring???:eek: :eek: :eek:

big daddy russ
09-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Maybe thaey need to play Big Spring???:eek: :eek: :eek:
I think they need to play six-man.

pirate4state
09-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

HAHAHAH that's just wrong!!! Funny, but wrong. :D

GetRDoneStangs
09-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

I don't remember them being that bad.....it looks like they are definately on tough times now!

Growing up in Sandcrab Land I can relate very well....

0 wins and 30 loses in my 3 years at Calhoun:( :( :(

Glad to see the program at PLC on the rise! It may be tough to beat last year....but (hopefully) I may have to see P4S (and others!!) at at stadium in South Texas this Fall!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
09-30-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
I don't remember them being that bad.....it looks like they are definately on tough times now!

Growing up in Sandcrab Land I can relate very well....

0 wins and 30 loses in my 3 years at Calhoun:( :( :(

Glad to see the program at PLC on the rise! It may be tough to beat last year....but (hopefully) I may have to see P4S (and others!!) at at stadium in South Texas this Fall!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

:thumbsup:

you know PLC & Sinton are playing this week!!! We may have to kick some sandcrab butt :p :p

IHStangFan
09-30-2007, 07:10 PM
PLC must work hard on stripping the ball and forcing turnovers...its how theyve beat an Ingleside that was better then them 2 years in a row. Ingleside was the better team..but has gotten whacked twice in a row now....both games there were 4+ turnovers. :doh:

GetRDoneStangs
09-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thumbsup:

you know PLC & Sinton are playing this week!!! We may have to kick some sandcrab butt :p :p

Is that a threat????

:hairpunk: :hairpunk: :hairpunk:

Phil C
09-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Coach Brent Davis is in Alice now. He led Sinton to the State Championship a few years ago. And to think Tuloso-Midway could have had him instead of Alice. That is almost as bad as the Texans not drafting Vince Young.

Bull Butter
09-30-2007, 09:24 PM
The last time Tuloso-Midway made the playoffs.............

Sandy Koufax had just finished leading the Dodgers to the World Series before he hung it up for good

Calallen was 2A and playing the likes of Agua Dulce & Odem

The # 1 show on TV was "The Andy Griffith Show"

The Beatles had just begun to discover mind-altering drugs

UTEP was still called Texas Western and celebrating a national championship in College Basketball

The Year???????????????

Hang Ten
09-30-2007, 09:35 PM
T-M was in a 3 way tie with G-P & Beeville in 1976, and lost the coin flip for the sole playoff team (G-P, imagine that), back in the days of one playoff spot per district.

But didn't they make it in 1980 or 81?

Still many, many moons ago.

Bull Butter
09-30-2007, 09:37 PM
No playoffs for the Warriors in 80 or 81

luvhoops34
09-30-2007, 09:53 PM
That had to be in the 60's?

Bull Butter
09-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Yeah, T-M has one of the longest playoff droughts in the state

DDBooger
09-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Yeah, T-M has one of the longest playoff droughts in the state poor guys they're are neighbor but programs couldn't be more different.

super1
09-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
PLC must work hard on stripping the ball and forcing turnovers...its how theyve beat an Ingleside that was better then them 2 years in a row. Ingleside was the better team..but has gotten whacked twice in a row now....both games there were 4+ turnovers. :doh:

If PLC won both times, then I doubt that Ingleside was the better team. :p

Bull Butter
09-30-2007, 10:12 PM
The last time Tuloso-Midway made the playoffs.............

Sandy Koufax had just finished leading the Dodgers to the World Series before he hung it up for good

Calallen was 2A and playing the likes of Agua Dulce & Odem

The # 1 show on TV was "The Andy Griffith Show"

The Beatles had just begun to discover mind-altering drugs

UTEP was still called Texas Western and celebrating a national championship in College Basketball

The Year???????????????

Time's up.

The Year was 1966

R4Editor
09-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Corpus Christi Tuloso-Midway Schedule
8/31 Ingleside @Ingleside L 6-22 Total off. yds for TM 119
9/7 Copperas Cove @Copperas Cove L 7-36 Total off yds 157
9/14 Miller Home L 6-21 Total off yds 263
9/21 PLEASANTON @Pleasanton L 10-17 Total off yds 193
9/28 Calhoun @Port Lavaca Calhoun L 0-23 ?

Not even Copperas Cove could keep them under 100
:)

Gobbla2001
09-30-2007, 10:17 PM
crabs can get scary

DDBooger
09-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
Corpus Christi Tuloso-Midway Schedule
8/31 Ingleside @Ingleside L 6-22 Total off. yds for TM 119
9/7 Copperas Cove @Copperas Cove L 7-36 Total off yds 157
9/14 Miller Home L 6-21 Total off yds 263
9/21 PLEASANTON @Pleasanton L 10-17 Total off yds 193
9/28 Calhoun @Port Lavaca Calhoun L 0-23 ?

Not even Copperas Cove could keep them under 100
:) plc held them to 9yds

IHStangFan
09-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by super1
If PLC won both times, then I doubt that Ingleside was the better team. :p when I say "better" I am saying that Ingleside had more talent on the field. You can doubt all you'd like...I've seen both teams play the last two years....I'm DOUBTING that you have. :D

Maroon87
10-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Time's up.

The Year was 1966

Not only is that the last playoff appearance, it's the ONLY playoff appearance they've ever made. :eek:

luvhoops34
10-01-2007, 09:51 AM
Time's up.

The Year was 1966

I was close! I said 60's.....:D

burnet44
10-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Tuloso-Midway (1) 1966

true

CLASS 2A
BI-DISTRICT: 1966
Plano 41, Mexia 7 I found Plano funny

Kenedy 14, Tuloso-Midway 6

Phil C
10-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Tuloso-Midway got to go to the playoffs in 1967. They lost to Kenedy in the first round I think. That was when only one team per district got to go to the playoffs. Bishop had a great team that year and was in T-M's district. But a student from T-M had transferred to Bishop and played football there. He wasn't a main starter but played in games that were one sided that Bishop had already won.
It turned out that he was not eligible and that the Bishop Coaches had not checked things out throughly.
So one of Bishop's greatest teams had to forfeit games he played in which included two district games. Bishop and Tuloso-Midway played in the last district games and both would have had perfect records but because of the two forfeited games T-M had the district and playoffs cinched.
What made the Bishop folks upset was that they felt T-M waited till they had won two district games before informing the UIL so they could get two forfeits. True or not this ended Bishop's season so their playoff game was T-M. Bishop completely destroyed T-M in the last game of the season 60 - 0.

T-M was to lose the first playoff game. A sad end to a season of one of Bishop's best teams.

burnet44
10-01-2007, 10:37 AM
good story

super1
10-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Tuloso-Midway got to go to the playoffs in 1967. They lost to Kenedy in the first round I think. That was when only one team per district got to go to the playoffs. Bishop had a great team that year and was in T-M's district. But a student from T-M had transferred to Bishop and played football there. He wasn't a main starter but played in games that were one sided that Bishop had already won.
It turned out that he was not eligible and that the Bishop Coaches had not checked things out throughly.
So one of Bishop's greatest teams had to forfeit games he played in which included two district games. Bishop and Tuloso-Midway played in the last district games and both would have had perfect records but because of the two forfeited games T-M had the district and playoffs cinched.
What made the Bishop folks upset was that they felt T-M waited till they had won two district games before informing the UIL so they could get two forfeits. True or not this ended Bishop's season so their playoff game was T-M. Bishop completely destroyed T-M in the last game of the season 60 - 0.

T-M was to lose the first playoff game. A sad end to a season of one of Bishop's best teams.

Was that when Bill Rhyne was the coach at TM?

super1
10-01-2007, 07:56 PM
when I say "better" I am saying that Ingleside had more talent on the field. You can doubt all you'd like...I've seen both teams play the last two years....I'm DOUBTING that you have. :D

I'm sure you've seen both teams more than I have. I saw PLC play one game last year and I've not seen Ingleside since we scrimmaged them several years ago. I'll always have doubts when someone who supports a team who gets beat by another team two years in a row and then says that his team has more talent on the field. They are usually either in denial or they are saying that they think their coaching staff is doing a poor job.
Typical of many fans.

Phil C
10-01-2007, 07:56 PM

I am not sure but I don't think so.

burnet44
10-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Bobby Craig is/was the b ball coach there
ol ASU boy

super1
10-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
ol ASU boy

I've met Bobby Craig. Good basketball coach. Used to have heck keeping a jacket and tie on during a game. :D

Maroon87
10-01-2007, 08:02 PM

He was there in the 70's...they had some pretty good teams then, but that's when only one team went to the postseason and they never could get past G-P.

Maroon87
10-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
ol ASU boy

He's been there forever.

burnet44
10-01-2007, 08:04 PM
O BC was like that
married my wifes roomate
didnt last
but ol BC was an emotional guy
good point guard with Dennis Mac
who was at Carthage last I heard
but that was a while ago

Bull Butter
10-01-2007, 09:47 PM

Bill Rhyne left Agua Dulce after the 1971-72 season. He went to T-M and stayed there until 1977 (to the best of my knowledge). He came close, but never made the playoffs at T-M as that was back in the days of the 1-team per district playoffs.

IHStangFan
10-01-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm sure you've seen both teams more than I have. I saw PLC play one game last year and I've not seen Ingleside since we scrimmaged them several years ago. I'll always have doubts when someone who supports a team who gets beat by another team two years in a row and then says that his team has more talent on the field. They are usually either in denial or they are saying that they think their coaching staff is doing a poor job.
Typical of many fans. nope...you can look around at what I post. I try to the best of my ability not to be bias. PLC is a smashmouth team that runs right up the gut and usually has success. Their D is excellent at forcing turnovers. It's how they've been as successful as they have. Their D creates turnovers....and lots of them. In that aspect, they outclass many programs....but when they match up against a team that is able to keep the turnovers down...they usually get beat...i.e. against Needville the last two years. They were unable to force many turnovers...and they got thrashed.

super1
10-02-2007, 09:48 AM
nope...you can look around at what I post. I try to the best of my ability not to be bias. PLC is a smashmouth team that runs right up the gut and usually has success. Their D is excellent at forcing turnovers. It's how they've been as successful as they have. Their D creates turnovers....and lots of them. In that aspect, they outclass many programs....but when they match up against a team that is able to keep the turnovers down...they usually get beat...i.e. against Needville the last two years. They were unable to force many turnovers...and they got thrashed.

I guess that I consider a smashmouth team with an excellent defense as a team that has talent. If you mean talent in having bigger or faster players, then you may be right.
I prefer a team that just wins, baby!:D

Fal44
10-02-2007, 10:01 AM
T-M, sure does have some pretty girls
:D

burnet44
10-02-2007, 10:09 AM
I guess that I consider a smashmouth team with an excellent defense as a team that has talent. If you mean talent in having bigger or faster players, then you may be right.
I prefer a team that just wins, baby!:D

talent is usually speed
talent is usually size

things you cant coach
DNA baby DNA baby

yes you can make them stronger
and a lil faster

"you cant put in what God left out"
Sam Mussabini

super1
10-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Usually....

we are splitting hairs here, I know, but talent can be aquired. Plugging a hole is a talent that a LB learns. Reading a defense and picking up a blitz is a talent that a QB has to learn. Stripping a ball from a ball carrier is a talent. Granted, being bigger, faster, and stronger makes those talents easier, but they are still

The original discussion was whether IHS was more talented than PLC. I can't say who had the most size or speed since I have not seen either team this year, but if PLC won two years in a row, they must have some talent.

If you meant that IHS was bigger and faster, then I can't argue with that.