PDA

View Full Version : Norv Turner and the San Diego Chargers

Old Tiger
09-30-2007, 05:47 PM
They went from not winning in the playoffs to not winning at all. I bet the guy who made the decision to fire Marty is kicking himself in the year. Actually I'm sure he's not because he seems like an egomaniac. Poor LT, I truly feel sorry that he has the lack of the production because the Chargers got rid of a great coach and hired a horrible coach.

JasperDog94
09-30-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm sure glad that the Cowboys got Wade Phillips before they fired Marty!:D

JR2004
09-30-2007, 06:10 PM
It was Dean Spanos. Even though Schottenheimer won't say it publicly, I'm sure he's getting a good laugh out of this since GM AJ Smith has his guys in there with Norv and Cottrell running the defense.

I'm sure they are regretting bringing in Norv. A guy with a 58-82 career record shouldn't have gotten the job. He's doing the same poor job as a head coach that he's done in his other two stops.

burnet44
09-30-2007, 06:13 PM
the Chargers are not playing with much confidence
but
Im sure you all know they get a first place schedule
just like the Saints did this year after going 3-13
Their schedle is a factor here
and no confidence
OL isnt doing well
and the D isnt getting TO's like last year
There are a lot of factors here
not just Norv
But he will catch most of the blame

Old Tiger
09-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
the Chargers are not playing with much confidence
but
Im sure you all know they get a first place schedule
just like the Saints did this year after going 3-13
Their schedle is a factor here
and no confidence
OL isnt doing well
and the D isnt getting TO's like last year
There are a lot of factors here
not just Norv
But he will catch most of the blame How is it not the coaches fault on a team loaded with talent like the Charger? Had one of the best offensive lines under Marty yet they aren't doing well under Norv. Defense not getting turn overs could be due to scheme? Norv Turner is a horrible head coach and it is showing because he can't win with a team with has much talent as the Chargers.

JR2004
09-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
not just Norv
But he will catch most of the blame

Well he's bound to catch most of the blame. He has a track record of being a great OC, but a poor HC. Some folks are just great coordinators or great assistants. He still has time to turn it around and prove that those first two stops were an aberration, but if I was a betting man I wouldn't count on it.

Old Tiger
11-05-2007, 06:29 AM
TTT