PDA

View Full Version : 22-3A

bhillfan
09-07-2003, 11:42 AM
whats everyone think about this district, latly BH has been pretty strong in taking it over but just by reading some of the things about liberty and huffman along with others like coldspring, how do yall think will come out on top?

bhillfan
09-07-2003, 11:43 AM
correction, who do yall think will come out on top?

the-O-fence
09-07-2003, 12:42 PM
i think that 22-AAA is gonna the match between liberty and BH. Both teams are looking pretty strong and whoever wins that game should take the district.Coldspring is pretty good and just might give someone a run for their money, its gonna be a good race to the end in 22-AAA as well as 21-AAA. Good luck everyone.

RBARKER
09-07-2003, 01:22 PM
Every night 22-3a teams must come ready to play because the district crown will be a tough goal this year. I see that 1st and 2nd place will go to Liberty or Barbers Hill with the 3rd place spot going to Cold Springs, Splendora, Cleveland or Huffman. I feal that ColdSprings is the toughest out of the last four but the other three are playing good ball right now. Before last week I thought Liberty had the best shot at the crown, but after seeing BH come back and Liberty give up some points I like BH's chances. Teams msut be prepared and play smart football during district or any of these 6 teams could upset the other. Good luck to all of 22-3A we only have one more game before all of the fun starts wink P.s. Tarkigton & Shepard hang in there and stay healthy.

LP57
09-07-2003, 02:55 PM
honestly i agree with rbarker. i think first and second will be between us (liberty) and the hill with the winner of that game taking district. dont get me wrong this is only my prediction there is still alot of football to be played but like i said i like our chances.i also agree with him about the rest of the disctict. there are alot of sleepers who could suprise some ppl. this past friday we were no where near our best. i still think we were 2 tds or so better than bc but our d didnt play its best and neither did our o our running game was horrible this wk and we had problems holding on to the ball. also im not disrespecting bc they are a good team and can do alot this yr but i think if we played them later in the yr we would have the same outcome with a larger margin of victory

trojandad
09-07-2003, 02:55 PM
I wish I could add in more on our perspective, but this year has been incredible to watch. Simply put, as good as we were on offense last year, we have that kind of defense this year.

Coach Lymas got his start as a linebacker coach under Coach Spike Dykes at Midland Lee under his great teams. He has shown me all the men who played under him that went on to D1 as well as the pros at linebacker and it's impressive. His priority is defense which is why he is DC.

As you guys know from having read the board, last year was tough for the players here to have to read about themselves, with people saying they had no line or defense when they knew they had no say in the matter. With this year being so strong defensively, they are really having a good time, in spite of the silly fumbles on offense. But both sides of the ball have men constantly rotating at important places and those of you that know football know what it's like to watch a team that knows they can stop people, they play with that "ears laid back" look, always coming.

I've seen more players leave for hurts and injuries while we're on defense in two games than in all last year. It's a D that allows for the linebackers and ends to make big plays, a take off on the Miami defense with a few alterations. Can use our speed that way. Coach Lymas is also mixing up defensive backfield coverages, which beats the man on man most of last year. They have almost pitched two shutouts so far with the exception of one busted play against what must be a better team than we thought.

HJ had 87 total yards against us, with the last 7 drives starting in our end of the field, and three of those inside our 20 due to our fumbles. And the D was really something to watch, causing them to go backwards each time they got close. All year last year, we knew D wins championships but we were led to have a better offense. Anyway, enough about that.

I say all that to say that by district time this D should be saltier than anyone has seen out of us in a few years, which should throw all of Matthew's picks off about us. LOL All this said, I agree with RBarker about his picks if we don't get our offensive handling problems handled. If we do, and the D has several weeks to get saltier, I sure like our chances for better district results. It's so strange to see a team that could score on anyone go to a defensively strong team but when you see us you'll be amazed as well, at least on THAT side of the ball. LOL

Eagles52
09-07-2003, 03:52 PM
I agree that first place will most likely be decided in the game between BH and Liberty, but as others have already stated there are too many good teams in this district for there to be any "off" weeks. Right now I'm just focused on Dickinson not district play...but 22-3a should be interesting and I look forward to being a part of it..good luck to all, hope everyone stays injury free

ALLSPORTSGUY
09-07-2003, 06:04 PM
LP57, no disrespect to you but BC had their share of fumbles also and you were not no where close to 2 tds better than BC i thought the teams were pretty well matched. Just because Liberty has a pretty good team this year don't start making excuses for the very narrow victory. You shouldn't put so much faith in what pollsters say they can't predict how well a team will develope or how soon. Yall have a good team this year just enjoy the win.

Old Cardinal
09-07-2003, 07:07 PM
To LP57: I think we have all been very patient with you-yet you keep putting on here that Liberty should have won the game by a big score. I personally think that BC, in holding you to 72 yards on 27 carries, pretty well proves that a good QB and two good receivers won the ball game for the Liberty Panthers. I think that BC would beat you by at least 3 TDs by District time, when they have had time to further train a few more skilled younger people....I have changed my predictions, based on the Barbers Hill big win over H-F, and Liberty's performance against a very young re-building team(BC). I think Barbers Hill will take out Liberty by 3 or 4 TD's when they meet.

Eagles52
09-07-2003, 07:51 PM
Old Cardinal I seem to remember you very set at your pick of Liberty this preseason

bhillfan
09-07-2003, 07:58 PM
I'm going to wait to see how we(BH) handles the teams leading up to liberty before i say we are going to win big, both teams are gonna have enough time to figure things out and work out some problems before we meet so it should be a good game

LP57
09-07-2003, 08:40 PM
first off im not saying bc is a bad team at all. yall have a young excellent team, but i just know what we are capable of when we all play togeather and have good play calling. true you guys do have a good d but i know what our backs can do. they arent backs with break away speed but more power. yes our passing game is what got us the win, and i know you guys didnt have nearly a perfect game either. but all im sayin is if we would have got them both on track i still think we could have won by 2 touch downs regardless of what any poll says.

trojandad
09-07-2003, 09:00 PM
And likewise, you guys on the Hill are undefeated in District play for four years, so until you get beaten by anyone, you guys are the team to beat, the numbers mean more than the polls.

By the same token, we've won against Liberty the last three years in a row (2000-2002). I've gone back to 1977 and can't find a game they've beaten us in (talk about having someone's number Matt, lol). Two of those three were at their place. So until Liberty shows they can take us at our place, we are the team to beat with Liberty.

And one more thing about our district, I know Bavard is a good player, even great, but Trahan had more tackles against us last year than Havard did. I'm hearing that Bavard is an AllState candidate when he doesn't show on Campbell's 300. He might not be the best linebacker in our district, let alone our state. I'd like having a player like him on my team but even outside sources like Campbell says we're better off with our middle LB. Biggest difference is speed.

Not polls, but records say BH is the roost ruler until teams rise up and take them off. And those same records shows Liberty has to prove they can beat the SECOND best team in our district two years running before they can have our spot, too. Just wish I knew what luncheon people go to and talk up their people to get this "impression" of greatness started so I could see how they do it. LOL

Old Cardinal
09-07-2003, 09:03 PM
Eagle 52--You are entirely correct, at first I did pick Liberty, then I went to a "toss up", thirdly, at this point; after seeing them(Lib.) play Friday night I have switched to a BH District win. Trying to predict wins is a dynamic process, if Liberty can show me something, I would switch back later...To tell the truth their so-called high-power offense could garner but 2 1/2 yards a carry against a very green defense, Friday night. When the Soph.s in the secondary get a little more pass protection training, they can beat Liberty with ease...That's is why I will pick BH at this present time. It was kind of tragic in a way watching the little scrappy unsure, BC defense work over Liberty....I think Liberty is closer to their all time peak than Barbers Hill, or for that matter, Bridge City. Everyone is welcome to have an updated opinion based on newer information and personal observation.

LP57
09-08-2003, 07:08 AM
well id like to argue a few points. frist off i know we're no where near the best in the state right now but we are 2-0 and we did seem to beat a decent silsbee team and a good bc team in training and pretty much everyone on here is talkin like were 0-2. yea maybe it wasnt a great win over bc but we it was a win, and to oc to me it seems as if you think that is the best we were capable of playing.

lbc05
09-08-2003, 01:36 PM
i agree with you big 57 .. and oc your team played great but dosent Barbers Hills loss make you think a little about them too ..heck i think yall could probably take babers hill from what i am hearing ... if you guys utilise your speed like you did against us in district .. yall will once again be on top of 21 AAA .. but dose it hurt for you to admit that a team played good enough to win and thats that.... and to 57 yall played great , i think that might of been yalls best game just some times things dont work out yall keep it up on o and the d will back you up sorry about friday dog .. no more like that i promise you... OC i hope to see yall do great and quit taking the loss personal we didnt brag about the game but it seems like you are tryin to say we are sorry and i really dont appreciate that but maybe i am taking i the wrong way..

LHSCheerleader
09-08-2003, 08:45 PM
Like I said in another post.. I do believe that Liberty can end up on top this year.. I'm not just saying that because it's my town.. I really feel that we have a HUGE shot in showing some non believers that we can make stuff happen.. GREAT stuff!! Go Get em' Panthers..

hsffan
09-08-2003, 11:12 PM
I agree with trojandad BH is the team to beat,but Liberty,Coldspring, Huffman and Cleveland will be tough.

trojandad
09-08-2003, 11:20 PM
Well, I'm trying to decide where to go this Friday. I'm about to be outvoted, because I want to go watch the Hill to prep for district but the guys here want to go watch Diboll since they're our next opponent, and plus they are playing Carthage, which is supposed to be a load of a team.

If Dolan was still on the board, he could get my boy to come to the Hill game. LOL