PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and Gents, Boys and Girls--It's Texas/OU Week

KTJ
09-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Well, for the first time in a long time, this week won't have the anticipation from both fan bases as it usually does. I can't remember the last time both teams were coming off losses in the week leading up to Texas/OU. (I think 1997, but I'm not too sure.)

Nevertheless, it's still the biggest rivalry game for both schools so an important week nonetheless.

Texas/OU weekend is always a blast. The best parts: Fletchers, Funnell Cakes, Turkey Legs, beer that cost 5-7 tickets and is about the size of a 6 oz. glass of water, Fried Oreos, and most of all......beating Oklahoma.

Friday night will be the Texas Exes party at the Iron Cactus. And sure enough, there will always be a big group of OU fans who just so happen to "walk past the party" and a fight will start. It happens every year.

The sad part is that the loser of this game starts conference 0-2. And I fully expect the team that will be 0-2 will be Texas.

http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/hookem.gif

BobcatBenny
09-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Unfortunately for OU and Texas is this game is in College Station! :D :eek: :D :eek:

Old Tiger
09-30-2007, 05:26 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71309

IHStangFan
09-30-2007, 05:28 PM
*yawn* Big Deal...it appears OU was a bit over-hyped, UT is DEFINITELY over-hyped....and OU is STILL gonna destroy UT. I don't know if I'll even watch it.

pirate4state
09-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
*yawn* Big Deal...it appears OU was a bit over-hyped, UT is DEFINITELY over-hyped....and OU is STILL gonna destroy UT. I don't know if I'll even watch it. *yawn* with all this over-hyped/over-rated talk :p

KTJ
09-30-2007, 05:31 PM
*yawn* Big Deal...it appears OU was a bit over-hyped, UT is DEFINITELY over-hyped....and OU is STILL gonna destroy UT. I don't know if I'll even watch it.

Dude, you do realize you didn't have to reply to this thread, right?

Just like your school has important "traditions" that you love, this is one for my school. No need to crap all over it.

IHStangFan
09-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
*yawn* with all this over-hyped/over-rated talk :p you're right...we shouldn't even have to talk about it...it should be VERY obvious for those of us who were tuned in yesterday. OU got driven by Colorado....UT got absolutely WORKED....AGAIN!!.. by K-State....pretty pathetic performances from the supposed cream of the crop of the Big12.

IHStangFan
09-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Dude, you do realize you didn't have to reply to this thread, right?

Just like your school has important "traditions" that you love, this is one for my school. No need to crap all over it. Dude...you do realize it is perfectly acceptable for me to give my opinion when and where I see fit. :rolleyes: That being said...I'm sure I'll tune in for the final score at least....so there...happy? :p

BobcatBenny
09-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71309
I knew it was there. Thanks a lot p4s! :mad:

I was digging for the irony of the fact this discussion requires two threads this year. One for Texas/OU and another for A&M/OSU.

pirate4state
you're right...we shouldn't even have to talk about it...it should be VERY obvious for those of us who were tuned in yesterday. OU got driven by Colorado....UT got absolutely WORKED....AGAIN!!.. by K-State....pretty pathetic performances from the supposed cream of the crop of the Big12.

true, true...guess the Big12 will be represented by the bottom dwellers and get blown out in their bowl game :thumbsup:

Old Tiger
Since we're giving opinion....The winner of this game will win the big 12.

Also sorry the Ags haven't won the big XII south since '98

KTJ
09-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Dude...you do realize it is perfectly acceptable for me to give my opinion when and where I see fit. :rolleyes: That being said...I'm sure I'll tune in for the final score at least....so there...happy? :p

Thanks.

pirate4state
09-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I knew it was there. Thanks a lot p4s! :mad:

I was digging for the irony of the fact this discussion requires two threads this year. One for Texas/OU and another for A&M/OSU.

Hey, you are welcome!!! :thumbsup:

BobcatBenny
09-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Hey, you are welcome!!! :thumbsup:
XOXOXO:tongue:

IHStangFan
09-30-2007, 05:43 PM
true, true...guess the Big12 will be represented by the bottom dwellers and get blown out in their bowl game :thumbsup: who exactly are the bottom dwellers?? When UT gets blitzed by K-State and OU gets hammered by Colorado......CERTAINLY you were not just suggesting that after these embarrassing losses that either of these two teams deserves to be considered tops in the Big12...cause...that'd be silly...or OVERBOARD homer-ish. :D

IHStangFan
09-30-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Thanks. LOL...no problem bud...and I'll stop hijacking your thread now. Sorry bout that.

Old Tiger
09-30-2007, 05:45 PM
who exactly are the bottom dwellers?? When UT gets blitzed by K-State and OU gets hammered by Colorado......CERTAINLY you were not just suggesting that after these embarrassing losses that either of these two teams deserves to be considered tops in the Big12...cause...that'd be silly...or OVERBOARD homer-ish. :D In the past 10 years Colorado has been to more Big XII championship games than Texas A&M.

KTJ
09-30-2007, 05:45 PM
true, true...guess the Big12 will be represented by the bottom dwellers and get blown out in their bowl game :thumbsup:

I'm assuming you mean the "traditional bottom dwellers".

I actually think OU still wins the south. But my darkhorse right now for the South?-------> Texas Tech.

Mizzou will win the North--finally.

pirate4state
09-30-2007, 05:47 PM
who exactly are the bottom dwellers?? When UT gets blitzed by K-State and OU gets hammered by Colorado......CERTAINLY you were not just suggesting that after these embarrassing losses that either of these two teams deserves to be considered tops in the Big12...cause...that'd be silly...or OVERBOARD homer-ish. :D

hey, i'm in a silly mood

i'm not suggesting anything - you are the one reading way too much into my post. why you so defensive? you think of A&M as a bottom dweller? :p

i'm not a homer of ANY college team, but you already know that - you just want to go back & forth and i'll let you do that with the other guys who can't help themselves.

pirate4state
09-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

I actually think OU still wins the south. But my darkhorse right now for the South?-------> Texas Tech.

Mizzou will win the North--finally.

yes, that's exactly what I meant - and i'm sure IHStang knew this - he just likes being, well HIM :D

IHStangFan
09-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Mizzou will win the North--finally. This is realistic....not used to dealing w/ realistic UT fans....I have this one buddy....well..anyway...I'll save that for another day. Yup..this scenario looks very likely to me.

And Go Blue.....what does A&M have to do w/ anything? I was talking about UT and OU getting beat up on this past weekend and the fact that their butts were handed to them by the previous mentioned "bottom dwellers" And don't start w/ the "Colorado has been to more...." crap.....because we all know when you think Big12..especially in the last handful of years...Colorado doesn't come to mind over UT or OU. And DEFINATELY don't tell me that anyone in their right mind thought Colorado was favored yesterday. You're not fooling anyone...take your A&M cheap shots, cause..that's what you were trying to do. :D

IHStangFan
09-30-2007, 05:51 PM
hey, i'm in a silly mood

i'm not suggesting anything - you are the one reading way too much into my post. why you so defensive? you think of A&M as a bottom dweller? :p

i'm not a homer of ANY college team, but you already know that - you just want to go back & forth and i'll let you do that with the other guys who can't help themselves. oh hush! LOL.

pirate4state
09-30-2007, 05:56 PM
oh hush! LOL. hahaha that's what i thought! :D okay, i'll go back to watching the Colts :cool: