09-30-2007, 04:56 PM
:confused: :thinking: :eek:

Old Tiger
09-30-2007, 04:59 PM
thoughts?

KTJ
09-30-2007, 05:33 PM
I thought I'd never say this...

But it's time for a change. If people can't see the reasons why, then take off your glasses.

Surprisingly, the uproar is bigger than people realize. (Which is good.)

Old Tiger
09-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I thought I'd never say this...

But it's time for a change. If people can't see the reasons why, then take off your glasses.

Surprisingly, the uproar is bigger than people realize. (Which is good.) IMO they need a young energetic coach that won't golf clap when something bad happens.

JHS_c/o_06'
09-30-2007, 05:37 PM
we lose one game and you are ready to forget about the past 10, 10 win season?

Old Tiger
09-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
we lose one game and you are ready to forget about the past 10, 10 win season? Yet we have ragged coaching for each of those still. You can't live in the past. IMO if it wasn't for Vince we wouldn't have even had that NC.

KTJ
09-30-2007, 05:40 PM
we lose one game and you are ready to forget about the past 10, 10 win season?

1. 1 Conference Championship in 9 years when OU has 4 in that span.

2. UT has NEVER won a game where we out-schemed or out-coached a team. UT gets those 10 win season because we have better athletes than the rest of the Big 12. The horrid Big 12 got us those wins...not the coaching staff.

3. Simple offensive gameplans are never utilized and can never be implemented for the right people. The only exception was VY...and that's because VY told the coaching staff to basically "shut up and let me handle this."

Do you want me to continue...?

Old Tiger
09-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Do you want me to continue...? Please do.

Old Tiger
09-30-2007, 05:41 PM
I like the TE's coach, Rucker, and Madden. Those could stay because they are truly good coaches.

JR2004
09-30-2007, 05:45 PM
Things folks should understand are that Mack isn't going anywhere and he shouldn't. Mack has more than tripled ticket sale revenue since coming to UT and he's helped make the school millions upon millions of dollars. In the eyes of the folks running things, that's a big deal. He's turned UT into a cash cow that isn't showing any signs of slowing down.

He's a well-liked person by the majority of Longhorn fans. He only real downfall is his blind loyalty to Greg Davis. While Duane Akina is atrocious as well, Davis is the one that needs to go.

However that will not happen as long as Mack is in Austin because he'd sooner resign than fire Davis. It's a catch-22. You want Greg Davis fired then you are also losing Mack and there's no reason to see that happen. There's no guarantee that who is hired next will be able to do better than Coach Brown has during his decade in Austin.

Try and remember where UT was at after Mackovic's disastrous time in Austin. Alumni felt no attachment to the program and former players stayed away from things. High school coaches across the state felt alienated because of Mackovic. Mack has repaired all of the damage done and then some. He's done a lot for UT and there's no good reason to push him out.

burnet44
09-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

2. UT has NEVER won a game where we out-schemed or out-coached a team. UT gets those 10 win season because we have better athletes than the rest of the Big 12. The horrid Big 12 got us those wins...not the coaching staff.

3. Simple offensive gameplans are never utilized and can never be implemented for the right people. The only exception was VY...and that's because VY told the coaching staff to basically "shut up and let me handle this."

get a coaching job
see what you can do
you stay at a Holiday Inn last night or something
brokedown any film lately
brokedown player personel lately

since you know so much everyone would be paying a high price for your services
you and all the rest of the "I know it all" sit at home coaches out there

KTJ
09-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
get a coaching job
see what you can do

I did.

We've won back to back district titles after being bottom dwellers for the last 25 years.

burnet44
09-30-2007, 05:51 PM
In florida?
Urban is on the phone huh?
HS? get real

Old Tiger
09-30-2007, 05:52 PM
In florida?
Urban is on the phone huh?
HS? get real Get off this thread. You are contributing nothing to the set topic.

pirate4state
09-30-2007, 05:55 PM
there is NO need to start taking cheap shots at each other :rolleyes:

stay on topic

burnet44
09-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

I did
just asked for credentails to back up his expert analysis
since he said "UT has NEVER won a game where we out-schemed or out-coached a team. UT gets those 10 win season because we have better athletes than the rest of the Big 12. The horrid Big 12 got us those wins...not the coaching staff"

and

"Simple offensive gameplans are never utilized and can never be implemented for the right people."

just wanted to know his game plans
sorry thats not on topic
since he posted it

KTJ
09-30-2007, 06:02 PM
I did
since he said "UT has NEVER won a game where we out-schemed or out-coached a team. UT gets those 10 win season because we have better athletes than the rest of the Big 12. The horrid Big 12 got us those wins...not the coaching staff"

and

"Simple offensive gameplans are never utilized and can never be implemented for the right people."

sorry thats not on topic
since he posted it

Ok. Name me a game where we out-coached/out-schemed an opponent.

pirate4state
09-30-2007, 06:03 PM
I did

and

sorry thats not on topic
since he posted it

:confused: so you are admitting to taking a cheap shot b/c i didn't quote anyone - just put it out there

rundoe
09-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:confused: so you are admitting to taking a cheap shot b/c i didn't quote anyone - just put it out there

Gee, The mods are really taking everything pretty serious this year. A got hot debate is healthy now and again and keeps things from getting boring.:D

Old Tiger
09-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
Gee, The mods are really taking everything pretty serious this year. A got hot debate is healthy now and again and keeps things from getting boring.:D "Pot shots" are against the rules rundoe....be careful!

burnet44
09-30-2007, 06:09 PM
We?
lol
I cant name one right this second. Why?
Didnt break down the film the week of the game
NO ONE can unless they do that
and I havent broke down any UT film ethier for that matter
and I dont go shooting my mouth off telling everyone I can
if I dont see and do the film, scouting report, personel, injury report, substutite breakdown, personel tendancies, ect
Work all weekend getting ready for this weeks game
Look at my personel vs theirs, situational subs, cutups, endzone looks, down and distance, formations, bench tendancies ect.

but Im sure you and all the rest of the coaches have
and know what, when, where how ect.

Its good to know what people can do.
Urban hasnt called yet huh?

JR2004
09-30-2007, 06:15 PM
We?
lol
I cant name one right this second. Why?
Didnt break down the film the week of the game
NO ONE can unless they do that
and I havent broke down any UT film ethier for that matter
and I dont go shooting my mouth off telling everyone I can
if I dont see and do the film, scouting report, personel, injury report, substutite breakdown, personel tendancies, ect
Work all weekend getting ready for this weeks game
Look at my personel vs theirs, situational subs, cutups, endzone looks, down and distance, formations, bench tendancies ect.

but Im sure you and all the rest of the coaches have
and know what, when, where how ect.

Its good to know what people can do.
Urban hasnt called yet huh?

Normally I like your posts, but taking shots at folks who don't have any experience coaching is a bit much. I've coached a different sport than football before and it was fun and I think I'll be going back to doing it again soon. However if a fan wants to question things they should feel free to do so. They may not understand everything that goes into it from a coaching perspective, but that's okay. There's no need to attack fans so vehemently everytime just because they don't have the background that you do when it comes to coaching.

Anyhow just my two cents.

burnet44
09-30-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Normally I like your posts, but taking shots at folks who don't have any experience coaching is a bit much. I've coached a different sport than football before and it was fun and I think I'll be going back to doing it again soon. However if a fan wants to question things they should feel free to do so. They may not understand everything that goes into it from a coaching perspective, but that's okay. There's no need to attack fans so vehemently everytime just because they don't have the background that you do when it comes to coaching.

ty for enjoying my post
I know not everyone does
You attacked the coaches here
I defend coaches
your appology accepted
you attacked them first

There's no need to attack fans so vehemently everytime just because they don't have the background that you do when it comes to coaching.

There's no need to attack coaches so vehemently everytime just because you don't have the background that they do when it comes to coaching.

EOD

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2007, 06:24 PM
get a coaching job
see what you can do
you stay at a Holiday Inn last night or something
brokedown any film lately
brokedown player personel lately

since you know so much everyone would be paying a high price for your services
you and all the rest of the "I know it all" sit at home coaches out there
This isn't the "old coach" or any other type of coaching board. Yes, there are coaches here. But I personally give KTJ due respect on his thoughts on anything UT related because of the time he spent there. Just because he's not on the UT coaching staff doesn't make his opinion any less valuable.

burnet44
09-30-2007, 06:29 PM

no my I did was to say I DID stay on topic
I quoated his so you would know
my bad

burnet44
09-30-2007, 06:32 PM

There's no need to attack coaches so vehemently everytime just because you don't have the background that they do when it comes to coaching.

EOD

JR2004
09-30-2007, 06:34 PM
ty for enjoying my post
I know not everyone does
You attacked the coaches here
I defend coaches
your appology accepted
you attacked them first

EOD

Bad comeback man...bad...

No apology from me for thinking that Greg Davis isn't the man for the job.

I LIKE Mack Brown and DEFENDED him.

And if you can possibly show me where I have VEHEMENTLY gone after UT's coaches and taken it to the level that you have against fans on here please point it out. You've been downright mean and spiteful to fans here just because they didn't spend a large portion of their life coaching. Not everyone wanted to take that path with their life. It doesn't mean that they can't share their opinion about coaches. Now if a fan takes it to a level where they are going after a man personally and have no grounds to have done it then I'd agree they've crossed a line and they deserve criticism for that.

And please, with myself at least, don't play the "I don't know what they go through" card with me because I do know what they go through. I saw a head coach get his walking papers in the middle of a season several years back because of the pressure put on him by the administration and fans. I watched as his boss made the decision to give him the boot right after the game and it wasn't pretty.

I still enjoy your posts though man and hope you'll continue to post here even if some of it does require some deep thought to try and decipher what you're saying from time to time...lol. I'll be putting up a post probably Monday or Tuesday about an old coach that I'm sure you will know or at least know of.

burnet44
09-30-2007, 06:51 PM

No apology from me for thinking that Greg Davis isn't the man for the job.

I LIKE Mack Brown and DEFENDED him.

And if you can possibly show me where I have VEHEMENTLY gone after UT's coaches and taken it to the level that you have against fans on here please point it out. You've been downright mean and spiteful to fans here just because they didn't spend a large portion of their life coaching. Not everyone wanted to take that path with their life. It doesn't mean that they can't share their opinion about coaches. Now if a fan takes it to a level where they are going after a man personally and have no grounds to have done it then I'd agree they've crossed a line and they deserve criticism for that.

And Please, with myself at least, don't play the "I don't know what they go through" card with me because I do know what they go through. I saw a head coach get his walking papers in the middle of a season several years back because of the pressure put on him by the administration and fans. I watched as his boss made the decision to give him the boot right after the game and it wasn't pretty.

I still enjoy your posts though man and hope you'll continue to post here even if some of it does require some deep thought to try and decipher what you're saying from time to time...lol. I'll be putting up a post probably Monday or Tuesday about an old coach that I'm sure you will know or at least know of.

Ill reply before thread lock up

lol just used your words thanks

And if you can possibly show me where I have VEHEMENTLY gone after UT's coaches and taken it to the level that you have against fans on here please point it out. You've been downright mean and spiteful to fans here just because they didn't spend a large portion of their life coaching.

Guess im the VEHEMENT ONE LOL
People been downright mean and spiteful to COACHES here just because they DO spend a large portion of their life coaching.

Not everyone wanted to take that path with their life. It doesn't mean that they can't share their opinion about fans.
True but when you say they are outcoached, not smart, bad at their job thats crossing the line. Do I tell you how bad of a job you do at work? Or anyone else? NO

Yeah I know this a a supposed FB board Aint like Im on a CPA board telling em they suck at accounting.

And Please, with myself at least, don't play the "I don't know what they go through" card with me because I do know what they go through. I saw a head coach get his walking papers in the middle of a season several years back because of the pressure put on him by the administration and fans. I watched as his boss made the decision to give him the boot right after the game and it wasn't pretty.

2 kinds of coaches dude
those that HAVE been fired
those that WILL be fired
Untill you are one of those
In my book you aint one yet
(ok now post behind me on that one people)

thanks dawg
u 2
best of luck this year
remember a coach is a coach
but a football coach is special in Texas
a Coach I know? in Fla?
you know George Nelson was at Tidehaven-taft-marble falls ect
Had a daughter who was a good thrower
last I heard george was in Fla

TLIP lol

Old Tiger
09-30-2007, 06:53 PM
You had better cut YOUR crap out right now! p4s

pirate4state
09-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Ill reply before thread lock up

:rolleyes:

IHStangFan
09-30-2007, 07:00 PM
we lose one game and you are ready to forget about the past 10, 10 win season? I'm not bias either way...as I'm not a UT fan...but it's kinda hard to NOT have a good season when you have the recruiting classes Brown and company have had. He's a great recruiter....I don't think hes a great coach though.

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Not one person has bashed any coach on this thread. Opinions are stated. No one is at UT telling Mack Brown or Greg Davis or any other coach how to do their job. As much money as the Big XII coaches or coaches at other major colleges make, fans have a right to an opinion. These aren't high school coaches that are being discussed. That would probably get shut down. ;)

And for the record, I see no different in this thread and a thread asking about a college QB being overrated. I don't believe ANY person that posted on that thread has been a QB at a major DI college, to have the knowledge of what it takes, have they?

Carry on....

JR2004
09-30-2007, 07:05 PM
lol just used your words thanks

2 kinds of coaches dude
those that HAVE been fired
those that WILL be fired

thanks dawg
u 2
best of luck this year
remember a coach is a coach
but a football coach is special in Texas
a Coach I know? in Fla?
you know George Nelson was at Tidehaven-taft-marble falls ect
Had a daughter who was a good thrower
last I heard george was in Fla

I know you used my words and twisted them around that's why I said bad comeback. :)

Well I know a fella that's been in it for over a decade and he could stay at the school he's at for the next 20 years and he wouldn't get fired. They seem to like his approach to discipline and how he handles his players versus what they used to have.

I'm fairly certain though that I'll get fired or "resign" at some point. I'm probably going to a different state to get back to doing what I love, but hopefully I'll return to Texas at some point. (While the money made working at a bank is good, it's not a fulfilling job to me at least.) I guess it's all up to the better half if I get to come back to Texas once I leave...lol.

The coach is from Texas. Well he's in retirement now and has been for about 15 years or so, but he's still one of the brightest guys I've ever run across when it comes to coaching. He's one of those guys you could sit and listen to for several hours talk about strategy and not notice how much time has passed.

And yes football coaches in Texas are special. The hot seat is always hotter here, but the good that comes along with it is better too than anywhere else.

Phil C
09-30-2007, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
[B]

I don't believe ANY person that posted on that thread has been a QB at a major DI college, to have the knowledge of what it takes, have they?

"AHEM!"

;)

JJ7997
09-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Yet we have ragged coaching for each of those still. You can't live in the past. IMO if it wasn't for Vince we wouldn't have even had that NC.

What has everybody that isnt a Texas fan been trying to tell yall for the past two years ?

Old Tiger
09-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
What has everybody that isnt a Texas fan been trying to tell yall for the past two years ? I've been saying fire Greg Davis the past 5 years! lol

Phil C
09-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I've been saying fire Greg Davis the past 5 years! lol

:eek:

themsu97
09-30-2007, 08:26 PM
see, the o line coach at Texas is one of the best in the business bar none... the running back coach is a great guy as is the d line coach... I know those guys personally...
and as for VY, him not getting a grip on the offense may have helped since they (UT coaches) had to simplify it for him... problem is that Colt is not that qb and they need to go back to the scheme they ran with Major as long as they keep Colt at qb...

18handicap
09-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Urban may need to find another quarterback after this week when the Bengal Tigers get ahold of him.......lol (I hope that is the case).

I'll be in Death Valley on Saturday night!

Geaux Tigers

Old Tiger
09-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
Urban may need to find another quarterback after this week when the Bengal Tigers get ahold of him.......lol (I hope that is the case).

I'll be in Death Valley on Saturday night!

Geaux Tigers Dude that's awesome! It'll be rocking there! Maybe those cajun's can register the rictor scale again.

JasperDog94
09-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
and as for VY, him not getting a grip on the offense may have helped since they (UT coaches) had to simplify it for him... What are you talking about?:confused:

burnet44
09-30-2007, 10:08 PM
see, the o line coach at Texas is one of the best in the business bar none... the running back coach is a great guy as is the d line coach... I know those guys personally...
and as for VY, him not getting a grip on the offense may have helped since they (UT coaches) had to simplify it for him... problem is that Colt is not that qb and they need to go back to the scheme they ran with Major as long as they keep Colt at qb...

as I posted
the OL is a problem
good coach but young
year or 2 yeah they will be like the JRS and SRS they have had
DB's aint the NFL draft picks they have had
you actually think they forgot how to coach in Austin
Talent makes you a smart coach
(see the thread on talent)
old rule
for every freshman on the field count that as a loss
Sophomores 1/2 a loss
Ask Baylor

And if you guys know so much see if Mac will hire ya

ya think Stoops forgot how too
Mac and Stoops have won MNC
who else has in the Big 12?
Losing the DC to iowa St. has hurt them too
I posted that TU aint 4 in the nation
too many young kids
injuries to starters
arrest of players who can help

The South will be won by Blow U
right now Id say

South

1. Blow U
2. PPU if that can play ANY D
3. Corps
4. Texas
5. Okie State
6. Baylor

1 and 6 are soild
2-3-4 Toss up
3-4-5 toss up
I dont think Okie Lite can get 2nd

Texas DL needs to get better too

kaorder1999
09-30-2007, 10:11 PM
typical....any game UT wins its because of the players or lack there of with the opponent. Any loss and the blame is on the coaches

JR2004
09-30-2007, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
typical....any game UT wins its because of the players or lack there of with the opponent. Any loss and the blame is on the coaches

Well it's that way with most teams. You win and your players went above and beyond. You lose and it's the coaches.

Personally I'm just not a fan of Greg Davis. Not when they're winning and not when they're losing. Really like ol Mack though. I'd have no problem having a kid go to play for him. He and his wife seem like the kind of folks I'd want my kid to be around while he's in college.

burnet44
09-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

coaches life huh dawg?
feafef
naynnomilpbm

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2007, 11:25 PM

feafef
naynnomilpbm :confused: :confused:

pirate4state
09-30-2007, 11:25 PM
coaches life huh dawg?
feafef
naynnomilpbm

good grief

ENGLISH!!!! use it!

what's with the feafef crap?? :rolleyes:

BobcatBenny
09-30-2007, 11:29 PM
good grief

ENGLISH!!!! use it!

what's with the feafef crap?? :rolleyes:
You have got to admire the multi-lingual. :clap:

burnet44
09-30-2007, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
You have got to admire the multi-lingual. :clap:

thanks
lol

find everyone from elysian fields
greek mythology

injuredinmelee
10-01-2007, 06:50 AM
as i have aid continually for the last 5 years GREG DAVIS MUST GO!!!

mrescape43
10-01-2007, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

I believe that this one Conference Championship is the only one that Mack has won as a head coach anywhere.

3afan
10-01-2007, 08:38 AM
feafef
naynnomilpbm

good lord - be a man and say what you want to say ...

themsu97
10-01-2007, 09:13 AM
as for VY,,, it was widely known that he was having a difficult time with the offense so UT simplified it for him and then the O took off as did VY... that was in print and on TV for several Horn broadcasts...

all Burnett is saying is what is true... if the Horns were still undefeated it is because of the kids that are playing, if they lose it is always the coaches fault... OU has had the same problems as of late as well... why aren't people asking for Stoops head? USC struggles alot in a crappy Pac 10... LSU struggled against TUlane... heck Florida lost to Auburn two years in a row...
Mack is a great guy and maybe he doesn't have the greatest of coaching abilities but he has guys around him that do... just go to one of Mack's camps and then to some of the other coaches and you will see a huge difference... sometimes being a great guy will outweigh being a jacka$$ anyday... and if you expect a team to play DI competition year in and year out and go undefeated, you are crazy... what really hurt UT on Saturday were the two special teams touchdowns and the interception return, other than that UT is in the game and maybe could have won... OU choked down the stretch

burnet44
10-01-2007, 09:40 AM

all Burnet is saying is what is true... if the Horns were still undefeated it is because of the kids that are playing, if they lose it is always the coaches fault...

thanks for understanding

pirate4state
10-01-2007, 10:58 AM
heck, I thought Gundy wanted fans to go after coaches - they are men, afterall :p :p :D

burnet44
10-01-2007, 11:00 AM
heck, I thought Gundy wanted fans to go after coaches - they are men, afterall :p :p :D

no he was talking about the media

pirate4state
10-01-2007, 11:06 AM
no he was talking about the media

:hand: ummmmmmm, it's a joke - look it up!

pooch
10-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Davis needs to get back to church. he quit going after they won the national champeenship....

orangeblood
10-01-2007, 11:56 PM
You want to come after someone, come after me I'm a man I'm 40 years old...... I've been reading these post and everyone has opinions. But football and any other team sports are a lot like CHESS you see when you win at chess the player that wins has out thougt the other player and made better moves to win the game. And football is no different. Coaches win games and Coaches lose games period, Players just play and try to execute what they have been taught. Yes everyone, great players do help coaches win, but my opinion is when a team wins it's the coaches and when the team loses it's the coaches, simple as that, my opinion. And Greg Davis has done a good job see 10 win seasons, however sometimes he is out thought and doesn't make great moves to win games. Coaching is not an easy job, great coaches and even not so great coaches spend a lot of time at the yard. My hats off to all coaches those that know how to win and those who haven't figured the winning out yet. NICE JOB!!!!! you guys help shape our nation. I have great and painful memories from some of my coaches. And I hope with some of the non pay coaching I've done has touched some of the kids and been a good influence..........

burnet44
10-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by orangeblood
You want to come after someone, come after me I'm a man I'm 40 years old...... I've been reading these post and everyone has opinions. But football and any other team sports are a lot like CHESS you see when you win at chess the player that wins has out thougt the other player and made better moves to win the game. And football is no different. Coaches win games and Coaches lose games period, Players just play and try to execute what they have been taught. Yes everyone, great players do help coaches win, but my opinion is when a team wins it's the coaches and win the team loses it's the coaches, simple as that, my opinion. And Greg Davis has done a good job see 10 win seasons, however sometimes he is out thought and doesn't make great moves to win games. Coaching is not an easy job, great coaches and even not so great coaches spend a lot of time at the yard. My hats off to all coaches those that know how to win and those who haven't figured the winning out yet. NICE JOB!!!!! you guys help shape our nation. I have great and painful memories from some of my coaches. And I hope with some of the non pay coaching I've done has touched some of the kids and been a good influence..........

cool
thanks

themsu97
10-02-2007, 07:51 AM
no offense orange blood, but don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back... we get the drift but...
sounds alot like a repeat of what Gundy and Mack said in last weeks press conference...

orangeblood
10-02-2007, 07:56 PM
no offense orange blood, but don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back... we get the drift but...
sounds alot like a repeat of what Gundy and Mack said in last weeks press conference...

Did not know I was patting my back, I said I hope, big difference.
Wasn't looking for approval. Just my opinion.

buff4life
10-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Mack doesn't call the plays, Greg Davis does, i've wanted Greg's head for the last seven years...

its funny hows the opposing teams offense always seems to adjust or have a great gameplan and UT always calls the same plays every game it seems like no matter what D they are in...

For example last year Ohio State used Ginn and Gonzalez perfectly it seemed...they would send Ginn deep and throw an out to Gonzalez because thatz what the corners were giving...

JR2004
10-02-2007, 11:07 PM
Mack Brown is not the problem with this team. His buddy running the offense, however, is pretty hard to defend. I don't even know if Johnny Cochran (RIP) could come up with a defense for him.

themsu97
10-03-2007, 08:09 AM
sometimes adjustments are made and sometimes teams just match up well against you... Auburn has beaten Florida twice in a row now... the same Auburn that beat K-State and then lost to USF... interesting isn't it...

Old Tiger
10-03-2007, 08:13 AM
sometimes adjustments are made and sometimes teams just match up well against you... Auburn has beaten Florida twice in a row now... the same Auburn that beat K-State and then lost to USF... interesting isn't it... USF is good!

Dicky V said it best this morning on Mike and Mike.

USF used to always want to play Florida but Florida wouldn't baby! Florida people were like what do we have to gain from playing them?

He goes on to say

USF people say they don't want to play Florida anymore because they don't have anything to gain. They got beat by Auburn at Auburn when USF went up there and took it to them.