PDA

View Full Version : you get the ball back with 2 seconds left in the half...

Gobbla2001
09-30-2007, 01:30 PM
you're leading 20-10 (falcons over texans in this example)... you kneel the ball, or run a play?

I dunno what the deal is... one of the broadcasters said "You just kneel the ball, get out of the half, don't let anyone get hurt or don't turn the ball over"...

my point is why play the game if you're not gunna use the time you're allowed?

I say take a shot, don't do anything stupid (like throw into good coverage etc...)... get an intentional grounding or something if you're gunna get sacked or if you don't have good options open for the pass... just take a shot...

maybe that's why I'm not a coach...

Phil C
09-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
you're leading 20-10 (falcons over texans in this example)... you kneel the ball, or run a play?

I dunno what the deal is... one of the broadcasters said "You just kneel the ball, get out of the half, don't let anyone get hurt or don't turn the ball over"...

I say take a shot, don't do anything stupid (like throw into good coverage etc...)... get an intentional grounding or something if you're gunna get sacked or if you don't have good options open for the pass... just take a shot...

"GENIUS!"

:clap:

PlayaJBiehl20
09-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Well I think you take a shot depending on the field position. But lets say you chunk a halo, and your qb, gets hurt then you have the critics to deal with.

rockdale80
09-30-2007, 08:28 PM
ask burnet44...he is all knowing

KTA
09-30-2007, 08:33 PM
NO I AM REMEMBER:p

KTA
09-30-2007, 08:34 PM
and yes I would atleast take a shot

eagles_victory
09-30-2007, 08:37 PM

maybe that's why I'm not a coach... I think the NFL is played more conservative then college and high school... I think field position has a lot to do with it as pjb20 said

smustangs
09-30-2007, 08:42 PM
i didnt watch this game but i think it depends on your field position and how you have been playing the whole game up to that point

KTA
09-30-2007, 08:44 PM
i didnt watch this game but i think it depends on your field position and how you have been playing the whole game up to that point

I kinda agree with the field position part because you dont want a turnover near your end, but I dont care if you have been blowing the entire game, chunk it deep and hope for the best

kaorder1999
09-30-2007, 09:03 PM
Depends on Field Position

9 times out of 10 im taking a knee

luvhoops34
09-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by KTA
and yes I would atleast take a shot

yes bc you are the great KTA:D

Gobbla2001
09-30-2007, 09:38 PM
field position may have been at around their own 35? but with 2 seconds left on the clock I think you can afford to try... if nothing is open throw it away if you have to... don't do anything stupid...

what happens if there's 0 on the clock and you get an intentional grounding? does the half end on that penalty or do you have to go again? if you have to go again then take your knee then...

I just think if you have time on the clock, use it... that's what it's there for...

and Harrington was having a pretty darn good day at that point...

but like I said, I'm not a coach...

it's one of those things... if it works "Wow, what a great decision to go for it instead of taking the knee"... if not the same guy would say "he didn't need to do that, should have just taken the knee and gone into the locker room"...

Haunta Yo
09-30-2007, 11:29 PM
In the NFL, I'd fair catch and try to free kick it.
Cool NFL rule.

88bobcats
09-30-2007, 11:41 PM
It also depends upon the time of the year/season. Teams will be more conservative this early in the year. After game 10 or 11, once play-offs contingencies come into questions, coaches might be more likely to take "Hail Mary" risks......

injuredinmelee
10-01-2007, 06:49 AM

seems you listed more reasons not to go for it than to go for it. Who got the ball to start the 2nd half?

TheDOCTORdre
10-01-2007, 07:12 AM
u run a flea flicker, the defense will never see it coming. Its like my uncle used to tell me, when in doubt run the flea flicker

rundoe
10-01-2007, 07:13 AM
I'd run a play. Kneeling is only when I am 100 points over the other team at the end of the game and have been playing my third string for the entire second half. (LHPM will kill me for this one.)