PDA

View Full Version : UT to square off against FSU for a trip to Omaha...

big daddy russ
06-03-2003, 12:22 PM
They face each other in a best-of-three series that will be covered by ESPN 2. Last year's champ against this year's number one in the Super Regional. Should be a great series.

shellman54
06-03-2003, 02:53 PM
kinda going off on a tangent, but i was reading in the paper where arizona st scored no less than 10 runs in any of their regional games. is their offense that potent, or was their opposition that weak?

Old Cardinal
06-03-2003, 03:04 PM
You know Shellman, Lamar beat Rice twice when Rice U. was rated #1 in the Nation...I really believe that Texas edged out the best team they will face, when they beat Lamar...It should be clear sailing for UT now to the Championship.

shellman54
06-03-2003, 04:08 PM
i agree, lamar is a top notch team, i had a couple of friends play for them this year. however, i don't believe that texas will have a cakewalk through the rest of the CWS. they play the games for this exact reason. did you think tamu would lose two straight to houston? i think rice has a stout team, florida st has played well all year, and a handful of other teams have a legitimate shot at winning it all. i think texas has an advantage, seeing has the have been in this situation and know what it takes to win the championship, but are not the clear cut favorites. at least not yet.

BigDog
06-03-2003, 05:34 PM
I really don't understand the Super Regionals - both Fla. State and Texas should both be playing for a spot in the World Series and not some of the lower rated teams that will earn a spot over one of these two deserving teams. And don't tell they were matched on location - Texas to Fla. St. I agree Texas should take this in a 3 game series but explain why a # 3 and # 1 are playing for a ticket to Omaha! My 2 cents!