PDA

View Full Version : L-E's Will Middlebrooks on the front page of Minor League Baseball.com

big daddy russ
09-30-2007, 12:10 PM
TxkMom, not sure if your family already saw this or not, but your son's on the front page of MLB's minor league website.

Click on "link" below and then the very last thumbnail to the far right in the main window (Hawaii Winter Season should be the very first story in the main window). Has a picture of him sliding into home in his Liberty-Eylau uni.

link (http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/index.jsp)

Article (http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070927&content_id=305486&vkey=news_milb&fext=.jsp)

pirate4state
09-30-2007, 01:04 PM
Sweet!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY J!!!!!! :) :) :)

txkmom
09-30-2007, 01:28 PM
We saw it. Thanks for posting, though, b/c they don't let you know when stuff like this comes out and we miss some of it. He is having a good time during instructs after having absolutely nothing to do that last week at rookie league, when he went down there but was unable to work out or play with the team b/c his drug screens were not all in - he had to just watch and work out separately, and was not very happy with that. He is dh-ing right now, had his first hit in his first game, and was 2-for-3 w/an rbi yesterday (all against the Twins' instruct teams). He is getting to play with guys from rookies up to AA ball, and the pitching is pretty good, I hear. lol. I am flying down there Thursday-Sunday for a visit and to watch some baseball - he should be playing a position by then. He has some rookie card deals and has been busy signing his autograph over and over - there's not much else to do in the evenings. I think they eat pretty well at night! He was used to having such full days with school, football, clubs, etc., and although it is a relief to be able to focus on baseball, it is a big adjustment, especially for the high school guys. The strength and conditioning program is pretty fierce, plus he's trying to gain weight. He has gotten to know quite a few of the guys and has been really impressed by them.
Sorry - I meant to put a brief note on here, and it turned into a monologue - you know how mamas are ...

pirate4state
09-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by txkmom
We saw it. Thanks for posting, though, b/c they don't let you know when stuff like this comes out and we miss some of it. He is having a good time during instructs after having absolutely nothing to do that last week at rookie league, when he went down there but was unable to work out or play with the team b/c his drug screens were not all in - he had to just watch and work out separately, and was not very happy with that. He is dh-ing right now, had his first hit in his first game, and was 2-for-3 w/an rbi yesterday (all against the Twins' instruct teams). He is getting to play with guys from rookies up to AA ball, and the pitching is pretty good, I hear. lol. I am flying down there Thursday-Sunday for a visit and to watch some baseball - he should be playing a position by then. He has some rookie card deals and has been busy signing his autograph over and over - there's not much else to do in the evenings. I think they eat pretty well at night! He was used to having such full days with school, football, clubs, etc., and although it is a relief to be able to focus on baseball, it is a big adjustment, especially for the high school guys. The strength and conditioning program is pretty fierce, plus he's trying to gain weight. He has gotten to know quite a few of the guys and has been really impressed by them.
Sorry - I meant to put a brief note on here, and it turned into a monologue - you know how mamas are ...

thanks for the update - have fun on your visit :)

sinton66
09-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Nothing wrong with being a proud mama. Glad to hear he's doing well.