PDA

View Full Version : NO RESPECT!

LHpanther#45
10-07-2002, 09:22 PM
Liberty Hill has started out their season 5-0 so far...they havn't done that since....1983! Last year we jumped from a 2-8 season to a 5-5 because of the new coach. Now we have gone through the new programs and new offseason, and we're 5-0 and still no one thinks we can come through....WHATS UP WITH THAT!! :mad:

Chris Hart
10-07-2002, 09:42 PM
I am guilty of not giving ya'll respect. My reasoning is look who you guys have played Caldwell,Smithville,Hutto,Florence(2a) and Blanco(2a). Caldwell gave ya'll all you wanted, and they're not even a middle of the pack 3a team, and the rest of them are just plain weak. Beat Wimberley(mid-range 3a team) this week, and I will give ya'll a little respect. A 5-0 record against that competition will not get you much respect. Win some district games. I wish ya'll the best and hope you prove me wrong(except against Burnet).Good Luck in district.

LHpanther#45
10-07-2002, 09:50 PM
Cawldwell-First game jitters
Smithville- -2 yards rushing
Blanco- 2a defending state champs
Wimberly 21- Blnaco 7
Liberty Hill 34- Blanco 13

LHpanther#45
10-07-2002, 09:53 PM
Burnet is good i admit. But Liberty Hill vs Burnet will be good. Best O vs Best D.(Burnet did loose to Wimberly last year becuase of thier good D though) wink

Chris Hart
10-07-2002, 09:55 PM
Like I said, just win some district games and you will have my respect. Llano is 2-3 and they beat Smithville 51-6, and ya'll beat em what 25-0. So you can't go by just that stuff. I personally hope you guys beat Wimberley, They've won the last 2 district championships and I want that to change.

varsity54
10-07-2002, 10:34 PM
ok, well lets see. wimberley was out 3 two way starters when they played blanco and also that was week 3. that is a hard way to compare 2 different teams. we'll just wait and see how the score turns out on friday and realize why ya'll get no respect.

greendog fan
10-08-2002, 03:38 PM
LHpanther#45:
Burnet is good i admit. But Liberty Hill vs Burnet will be good. Best O vs Best D.(Burnet did loose to Wimberly last year becuase of thier good D though) wink Iwent and watch ya,ll play Blanco last Friday,and i still think ya,ll are a 3rd place team in our district.You have come a long ways since last year, but your still not there yet. Hope you do beat the Texans this week. My picks for district are, Burnet 1st Bandera 2nd Liberty Hill 3rd. If you are really #45 on LH, you have more guts than i do. Iwould,nt be putting my number on here. You just making yourself a big target at the games. Everyone will be coming after you now.

Donkey41
10-08-2002, 03:45 PM
Yeah I feel the same way. La Vernia is 5-0 and has beaten Wimberly and the 2-time defending TAPPS 4A state champs and we still don't get any respect. What you have to do is keep proving everyone wrong. And most importantly ( keep winning) that solves every problem.

HornetPride
10-08-2002, 03:58 PM
Chris Hart:
I am guilty of not giving ya'll respect. My reasoning is look who you guys have played Caldwell,Smithville,Hutto,Florence(2a) and Blanco(2a). Caldwell gave ya'll all you wanted, and they're not even a middle of the pack 3a team, and the rest of them are just plain weak. Beat Wimberley(mid-range 3a team) this week, and I will give ya'll a little respect. A 5-0 record against that competition will not get you much respect. Win some district games. I wish ya'll the best and hope you prove me wrong(except against Burnet).Good Luck in district.Mr Hart, your insulting comments about Caldwell are unfounded. We've defeated an above average Madisonville team (24-20) on the road after they beat Spendora who beat Diboll who beat previously- unbeaten 4A Livingston. Then we beat a Hearne team that was very solid at the time before losing its star RB (Dunn) early in second quarter vs. McGregor. After losing to us by 10, Hearne beat Mart by 27 after Marlin beat Mart by 37. We then limited Smithville (yes, a weak team) to 58 yards offense in a 36-0 win mostly with subs in the second half. Caldwell then recorded another shutout vs. a much-improved Giddings team 7-0 at their homecoming with one TD called back the first 14 seconds that even the refs couldn't explain.

And now you're telling the LH fan that his team basically sucks? Man, I sure hope Burnet doesn't take a holiday when they face Liberty Hill this year because you're going to feel awfully stupid.

Chris Hart
10-08-2002, 07:31 PM
HornetPride, I'm sorry if it sounded like I was insulting your team, that's not what I intended to do. I just meant to tell LHpanther45 that it's hard for me to give a whole lot of respect to Liberty Hill, who's calling card to respect is a win over Caldwell, who in turn's calling card to respect is a win over a 2-3 Madisonville team. It is just hard to give respect to a team like Liberty Hill that has been doormant so long. I hope they prove me wrong, I would love for them to make the playoffs.

You yourself said in another post that you thought Caldwell would end up 7-4, when they are 4-1 right now. You must not believe they can play with the big boys any more than I do. I wish Caldwell and Liberty Hill the best. I have nothing against either of the two. We all love to see a cinderella in the mix, it makes for interesting district chases. Good luck to Caldwell!

<small>[ October 08, 2002, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

HornetPride
10-08-2002, 07:49 PM
The same thing thats happening to GIddings this year will happen to Burnet next year. One minute they're 13-2 and questining everybody else to make themselves superior and then when the team loses the next season, they're spoiled and throw tantrums and blame it on the dog. I think my saying that Caldwell will likely go 7-4 is nothing shabby with eight seniors on a 32 member varsity team in a district with Marlin, Cameron and Rockdale and Lorena. If they make post-season, they would play Gatesville and it might take a year with less youth to get to the third or more playoff round. Having faith doesn't necessarily mean proclaiming yourself a national champion in Week 5.

Chris Hart
10-08-2002, 08:20 PM
I doubt the same thing will happen to Burnet next year that is happening to Giddings this year. Next year they will return 7-7 starters from this year's varsity team(barring any players moving or quitting). They also have a awesome JV that already has big wins over Stephenville 40-7 and Austin Reagan 28-12. Next year should be a real good year here in Bulldog country also. A possible jump to 4A after next year might slow the dogs some, but we have beaten some pretty talented 4A schools in the past, so we will welcome the challenge.

29x281
10-08-2002, 08:46 PM
Another day, another poster playing the "disrespect" card.

I, for one, actually think Cuero, Navasota, and Hillsboro actually deserve some respect after playing tough non-district schedules and taking some lumps. They'll be better for it through district and the playoffs.

LH, having dispensed with the cream puffs in non-district, will get its shot at Burnet on the last regular season game of the year. The game will probably be meaningless for Burnet, but will likely have playoff ramifications for LH. And it's at LH, so all the possible intangibles favor the Panthers. Burnet 30, LH 12.

mwynn05
10-08-2002, 09:33 PM
yea well we had a new system last year and went 0-10 and this year were 5-0 and do u think were getting any respect?? NO! but it aint a bad thing cuz when u beat someone that take u lightly by 40 points it feels good and then u have there respect and if u dont there just sore losers

Pandora
10-08-2002, 11:39 PM
The only respect that is needed is from your team and your fans. You could win state and not get the respect that you seem to need so desperately. Who cares what others think of you. Prove your metal on the gridiron. The rest is just for show.

Old Cardinal
10-09-2002, 12:17 PM
Mwynn05: Don't worry about respect, worry about depth! All that matters,s what you do in the Post Season! That's where the rubber meets the road......I could easily guess which teams across Texas are the "shining stars" of mid season that will be eliminated in Bidistrict,or the next game.That is why its so repulsive to see Pollsters name a top ten Postseason Poll with folks that were eliminated early, just because they won a bunchof games against average opponents during the regular season. Build a team,when a few get hurt as the year progresses,sub good replacements..ask EVERMAN, LA GRANGE, COMMERCE,and SINTON?

lildawg08
10-09-2002, 06:38 PM
ok LHPanther#45....the only reason or most of the reason that Burnet lost to Wimberly is the refs...and i personally dont think the Burnet vs. Libery Hill game is going to be any trouble for Burnet....but at the same time i am not going to sit here and say we are going to win by alot or anything because i havent see yall play that much! GO DAWGS :)

varsity54
10-09-2002, 07:16 PM
lildawg08, it's been a year since wimberley beat ya'll and your still stuck on it. the refs had no say in the game anyways, the better team one. ya'll will get another shot this year.

LHpanther#45
10-09-2002, 08:32 PM
lildawgy, the one and only team we really want to beat is Burnet so dont bet on ya'll having no trouble with us. We have not yet reached our potential. :rolleyes:

lildawg08
10-09-2002, 10:40 PM
Ok i was not saying that was the whole reason we lost the game and no the better team didnt win otherwise we would have won! And i am not the one who brought out the whole game last year it was someone else...and the game might be good but the better team is going to win like whoever said GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toby070
10-11-2002, 12:29 PM
lildawg08:
ok LHPanther#45....the only reason or most of the reason that Burnet lost to Wimberly is the refs...and i personally dont think the Burnet vs. Libery Hill game is going to be any trouble for Burnet....but at the same time i am not going to sit here and say we are going to win by alot or anything because i havent see yall play that much! GO DAWGS :) lildawg, you must have seen a different Burnet-Wimberley game then the one I watched last year. The refs cost you the game??? Bull-onely. I have propped you guys all year as a state contender, and last year's game was damn close, but refs didn't cost you at all in that one, and the better team didn't win. Wimberley was loaded with seniors who were 3 and even 4 year starters, and y'all were young.

Don't disrespect my Texans, you will beat them this year, but the better team did win last year.

LHpanther#45
10-19-2002, 02:49 PM
7-0 with wins against wimberly(22-8) and Ingram(49-14). No how about a little respect. Or have we still not faced any worhty opponets yet? :rolleyes:

topdawg
10-19-2002, 03:27 PM
i still dont think that yall have played any tuff teams yet, but if you can win in bandera next friday that will prove to me that your team is the real deal.

Owen B
10-19-2002, 03:32 PM
Respect yourself. Those who do are not usually too worried about whether or not others do.

PantherEatDog
10-19-2002, 03:39 PM
Wasn't rhe wimberly game the game that yall said if we won yall would give us more respect. Look up to top posts ^

topdawg
10-19-2002, 04:36 PM
if i was from liberty hill i would be enjoying my undefeated season while it last because in a few weeks when burnet comes to town it going to be all over!!!

jimmy43
10-19-2002, 04:48 PM
don't worry about the respect crazy b. they will all see the light next week after bandera.