PDA

View Full Version : Will KTA eat crow?

KTA
09-30-2007, 12:35 AM
IF John Chiles gets the start against Oklahoma (If Colt is really out) will KTA eat crow for Chiles not getting the job done (given this is his first start as a true freshman, so you gotta give him a lil leeway)

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2007, 12:37 AM
No, there will be no leeway, since McCoy is so obviously overrated. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

KTA
09-30-2007, 12:41 AM
he is, for this being his 3rd year in the system and performing the way he did. Im not the only one who feels this way, just the only one who will really back up his opinion:mad:

Maroon87
09-30-2007, 02:16 AM
Ya know, for someone who wasn't gonna post over here anymore you sure post a lot over here.:thinking:

big daddy russ
09-30-2007, 03:01 AM
I still like McCoy, I just think he goes out and plays when he shouldn't. I know what it's like to be injured, but wanting to be out there. But sometimes, wanting to play a little ball can get in the way of your better judgment. You wind up hurting the team because you're playing at 50%.

It looks to me like he does that a lot. Have you noticed that he gets woozy quite a bit more easily the older he gets? Just a crazy theory I'm throwing out there-- I think he's had a few more concussions than any of us (and possibly than any of the UT coaching staff) knows about. You can usually tell just by the way he carries himself on the field and where his passes go, but he's having a hard time shaking out the cobwebs.

You can pretty much narrow McCoy's career into two different eras... pre-K-State and post-K-State. The K-State game last year, of course.

He's been knocked around a lot since then, his passes tend to hang quite a bit or they'll be underthrown, and the mental part of his game isn't nearly as refined as it was before that game (staring down receivers, isn't as quick on the trigger, takes longer to diagnose a play, etc).

Nobody ever confused his arm with John Elway's, but he looks like he's lost some zip on top of those mental mistakes. I don't know if that has to do with the cobwebs, something differently entirely, or if I'm just confusing a memory of a more decisive QB with what I think was a stronger-armed QB, but I can definitely tell you that this isn't the same QB who played in the first half of that K-State game last year.

luvhoops34
09-30-2007, 07:02 AM
stay tuned.....

for the next episode of....

The 3A Down Low version of As The World Turns...:D

Old Tiger
09-30-2007, 07:23 AM
The system isn't fit for a QB like McCoy.

necks_c/09
09-30-2007, 07:37 AM
McCoy is no VY, Thats why people say he is oveerrated, b/c he is the heir to the throne and so much is expected of him.

But Colt is Colt and he could succeed if they had the right environment.

The Supporting cast just isnt there.

Granted the Skill postions are loaded with talent but im talking about the WHOLE team....

The oline is not good....
Special teams is terrible
Greg Davis is a joke
and they D as a whole is just playing timid rather than playing like the texas D were used to.....

Now i dont care who you are, if the D line is in your face the whole game ur not gonna have the greatest game.....

Granted VY could create plays that colt cant but even he wouldnt succeed with this supporting cast

They have major problems not just a qb situation..... and just jamming chiles into a situatuion like this aint gonna do any better

The core of ur team is the oline and thats where they need to start then the center of their D and then special teams....

They have the skill players to win....

(a 2 qb offense would help to diversify the offense and keep the defens eon their toes but you cant expect a true freshamn to step in and lead this team to victory right off the bat.....

I think chiles would be best used in a mcFadden kind of role but just less touches this early in his career and we have jamal charles.

Old Tiger
09-30-2007, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09

(a 2 qb offense would help to diversify the offense and keep the defens eon their toes but you cant expect a true freshamn to step in and lead this team to victory right off the bat.....

Ryan Mallett was 2-0 in his two starts :D

necks_c/09
09-30-2007, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Ryan Mallett was 2-0 in his two starts :D yea so that idiot coach they have puts henne back in there:clap:

DU_stud04
09-30-2007, 11:52 AM
where is the who cares option?

Cameron Crazy
09-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Ya know, for someone who wasn't gonna post over here anymore you sure post a lot over here.:thinking: He wants an avatar really bad. Thats all.

KTA
09-30-2007, 12:45 PM
thank you mods once again for editing my posts, if I wanted that option im sure I would of added it!!! Thank you for using your "god powers" to change things to YOUR liking when nothing is wrong. You dont like the options DONT VOTE its that simple

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by KTA
thank you mods once again for editing my posts, if I wanted that option im sure I would of added it!!! Thank you for using your "god powers" to change things to YOUR liking when nothing is wrong. You dont like the options DONT VOTE its that simple
There.....happy again?

Ranger Mom
09-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by KTA

"sigh".........*lump*.....once again...:rolleyes:

charlesrixey
09-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
McCoy is no VY, Thats why people say he is oveerrated, b/c he is the heir to the throne and so much is expected of him.

But Colt is Colt and he could succeed if they had the right environment.

The Supporting cast just isnt there.

Granted the Skill postions are loaded with talent but im talking about the WHOLE team....

The oline is not good....
Special teams is terrible
Greg Davis is a joke
and they D as a whole is just playing timid rather than playing like the texas D were used to.....

Now i dont care who you are, if the D line is in your face the whole game ur not gonna have the greatest game.....

Granted VY could create plays that colt cant but even he wouldnt succeed with this supporting cast

They have major problems not just a qb situation..... and just jamming chiles into a situatuion like this aint gonna do any better

The core of ur team is the oline and thats where they need to start then the center of their D and then special teams....

They have the skill players to win....

I think chiles would be best used in a mcFadden kind of role but just less touches this early in his career and we have jamal charles.

well said

IHStangFan
09-30-2007, 03:56 PM
I won't matter WHO starts for Texas...OU is gonna steamroll the Horns.