PDA

View Full Version : McCoy may sit against OU

JR2004
09-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Due to suffering a concussion today.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2007/09/29/mccoy_suffered.html

Per the Austin-American Statesman

<<McCoy suffered mild concussion
By Suzanne Halliburton | Saturday, September 29, 2007, 08:39 PM

Texas quarterback Colt McCoy suffered a mild concussion in the Kansas State loss Saturday.

According to UT officials, McCoy will be evaluated again early next week to see if he can play against Oklahoma.

McCoy left the game before halftime, but returned and played much of the second half. He was pulled again late in the fourth quarter after he started throwing up on the sidelines.

McCoy was in the trainers’ area for more than hour after the game and was not available for interviews. However, he gave a statement that was issued by the Texas sports information staff.

He did not say anything about his injury, but complimented the K-State defense, which picked off four of his passes.

“Now we need to regroup,” he said. “keep working hard and get ready for Oklahoma. That’s always a huge game and with both of us losing this week, we’re both going to want to get back on the winning track.”>>

I think it was fairly obvious if you watched the game that he was indeed out there playing with a concussion. Which coach, or better yet which team doctor for UT, decided that it was alright to have a kid out there with a concussion? It didn't state whether or not they knew he had a concussion during the game, but I'm assuming that they did know.

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
It didn't state whether or not they knew he had a concussion during the game, but I'm assuming that they did know.
Training should have told them yes....and if not, it's better to be safe than sorry, usually.

Cameron Crazy
09-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Training should have told them yes....and if not, it's better to be safe than sorry, usually. I hate to hear this. Chiles will be playing most likely.

KTA
09-30-2007, 12:30 AM
And the Legend of John Chiles begins

rundoe
09-30-2007, 07:13 AM
The problems the team is having ON the field is a direct result of their problems OFF the field.

Until this TEAM decide thay want to concentrate on playing football and not party all the time, all the coaching and training in the world will not make them a better football team.

It's thier's for the taking, but they seem to have thier priorities in other places than football. I have been thinking this since last year, but Saturday's game and all the recent ink (which is only the tip of the true iceburg) has confirmed it for me.

It' time for the players to make some serious "life-style" changes if they want to be a winning team.

Nuff Said!!

IHStangFan
09-30-2007, 04:01 PM
it won't matter who starts...Texas will be grossly outclassed this weekend.