PDA

View Full Version : Fran-Gate

rancher
09-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Just read on SportingNews.com and in www.aggiecoach.com that the newsletter sent out by Fran not only gave an injury report and status of players, but also gave A BLUNT ASSESSMENT OF EACH PLAYERS TALENT. It was also report that the team had a meeting yesterday and felt Coach Fran had broached their trust. More to come

JJ7997
09-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Fran - Freaking - Tastic !

He's gotta win " Brain Fart " of the year with this one !

wookinpanub
09-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Fran - Freaking - Tastic !

He's gotta win " Brain Fart " of the year with this one !

Totally unacceptable...lhpm

burnet44
09-29-2007, 10:47 PM
If he wins no one cares
4 away games vs Huskers-PPU-Mizzou-Blow U
will be Fran's last stand

JJ7997
09-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
Fran's last stand

Now thats funny.

Cameron Crazy
09-29-2007, 10:53 PM
I have never been a fan of Fran. Just can't stand the guy personally.

JR2004
09-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Well he's got Bucky Richardson and the rest of the players support apparently. I believe he said he'd follow Fran to the death as would the rest of em...

Note to Stephen McGee...Don't hold yourself to that quote because the end of Fran is probably near...lol.

burnet44
09-29-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by burnet44

4 away games vs Huskers-PPU-Mizzou-Blow U
will be Fran's last stand

JJ7997
09-29-2007, 11:15 PM
It would be ok with me for the Ags to make a stand sans Fran.

Bull Butter
09-30-2007, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Well he's got Bucky Richardson and the rest of the players support apparently. I believe he said he'd follow Fran to the death as would the rest of em...

Note to Stephen McGee...Don't hold yourself to that quote because the end of Fran is probably near...lol.

I don't know that Bucky Richardson made that quote as to the best of my knowledge, he last played for the Aggies 17 years ago. If he did, I admire his loyalty to the university and the program. It's nice to see the former players embracing the current regime.

BobcatBenny
09-30-2007, 01:07 AM
Fran Gate is just a setup to position the University to get out of their contract with Fran, if they so desire. It creates a low cost option.

I figure that the Aggies are in a wait and see mode now. Especially now that they have what appears to be a window of opportunity to win the Big XII South. Gift wrapped by OU and Texas getting beat by north teams.

The Aggies really shouldn't feel too optimistic about their chances, but as Lloyd Christmas once said to Mary Swanson, "So your saying there's a chance!" And . . . as you know the Aggies are generally as stubborn a bunch of optimists as you can find.

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2007, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I figure that the Aggies are in a wait and see mode now. Especially now that they have what appears to be a window of opportunity to win the Big XII South. Gift wrapped by OU and Texas getting beat by north teams.

Won't they have to actually beat someone other than Baylor? :D :p

BobcatBenny
09-30-2007, 01:09 AM
Yes, that is the Dumb and Dumber part of their plan! :D

JR2004
09-30-2007, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
I don't know that Bucky Richardson made that quote as to the best of my knowledge, he last played for the Aggies 17 years ago. If he did, I admire his loyalty to the university and the program. It's nice to see the former players embracing the current regime.

LOL

Stephen McGee=Bucky Richardson. Maybe spelling it out in a more clear and concise way that McGee is A&M's new Bucky might've helped you avoid posting that.

The real Bucky has nothing to do with the post I made...lol. It's just an observation that myself and a few other folks up here in Dallas have made watching the way he plays on the field.

JR2004
09-30-2007, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
The Aggies really shouldn't feel too optimistic about their chances, but as Lloyd Christmas once said to Mary Swanson, "So your saying there's a chance!" And . . . as you know the Aggies are generally as stubborn a bunch of optimists as you can find.

Well if I was a betting man I'd probably say that optimism in College Station might get completely thrown out the window after the Tech game. Tech's offense is good enough to put 45-50 on the board against the Aggies. It's that darn defense that could keep that game close.

Bull Butter
09-30-2007, 01:19 AM
LOL

Stephen McGee=Bucky Richardson. Maybe spelling it out in a more clear and concise way that McGee is A&M's new Bucky might've helped you avoid posting that.

The real Bucky has nothing to do with the post I made...lol. It's just an observation that myself and a few other folks up here in Dallas have made watching the way he plays on the field.

Or perhaps watching the ACTUAL Bucky Richardson play (1987-1990) would help you realize that there is a big difference between him and Stephen McGee would have helped you avoid likening one to the other.

I guess I could call Colt McCoy "Major Applewhite"

JR2004
09-30-2007, 01:22 AM
Or perhaps watching the ACTUAL Bucky Richardson play (1987-1990) would help you realize that there is a big difference between him and Stephen McGee would have helped you avoid likening one to the other.

I guess I could call Colt McCoy "Major Applewhite"

LOL...No comprehension of what I'm saying.

I watched the "ACTUAL Bucky Richardson" play as a kid for your information. You're not getting what I'm saying so forget it.

Bull Butter
09-30-2007, 01:41 AM
LOL...No comprehension of what I'm saying.

I watched the "ACTUAL Bucky Richardson" play as a kid for your information. You're not getting what I'm saying so forget it.

LOL............Full comprehension

1. You compare Bucky to Stephen because they are both running QBs who have a knack for being tough
2. Bucky had speed to burn, which McGee does not
3. Bucky played in a run-oriented offense,took all snaps from under center and almost never had to throw the ball because he had Darren Lewis & Robert Wilson behind him. Which is good because he was a below-average passer at best.
4. Bucky had Bob Toledo calling the plays who was very imaginative and had a lot of wrinkles thrown into the offense which made use of Bucky's effectivness
5. McGee is a better passer but not near as fast running the ball as Bucky.
6. Although Fran's offense is predictable, Bucky would have had a field day in it because it allows the QB more leeway to make decisions. McGee does OK in it, but he doesn't have Bucky's instincts.
7. You call McGee "Bucky" because you think all Aggies compare him to Richardson, which I have NEVER heard from any of my Aggie friends.

JR2004
09-30-2007, 01:51 AM

1. You compare Bucky to Stephen because they are both running QBs who have a knack for being tough
3. Bucky played in a run-oriented offense,took all snaps from under center and almost never had to throw the ball because he had Darren Lewis & Robert Wilson behind him. Which is good because he was a below-average passer at best.
4. Bucky had Bob Toledo calling the plays who was very imaginative and had a lot of wrinkles thrown into the offense which made use of Bucky's effectivness
6. Although Fran's offense is predictable, Bucky would have had a field day in it because it allows the QB more leeway to make decisions. McGee does OK in it, but he doesn't have Bucky's instincts.
7. You call McGee "Bucky" because you think all Aggies compare him to Richardson, which I have NEVER heard from any of my Aggie friends.

Despite that lengthy response you still miss the point...Sit up for a few more hours and come up with something else. I'll be headed off to sleep now. :)

Bull Butter
09-30-2007, 01:58 AM
Despite that lengthy response you still miss the point...Sit up for a few more hours and come up with something else. I'll be headed off to sleep now. :)

Sweet dreams................ you'll probably be seeing KSU linemen batting and catching passes in your sleep

rancher
09-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Interesting news from SportingNews.com and www.aggiecoach.com that unnamed sources are looking into if Fran actions violated the HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) the thought being since Fran is a state employee and he violated this by releasing medical information, this is grounds for release without a buyout. More to come.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-30-2007, 11:37 AM

1. McGee has 4.4 forty speed.
2. McGee was a passing quarterback in high school in a spread offense and is making the adjustment to our current offense and learning and getting better ever day.

raider red 2000
09-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by rancher
Interesting news from SportingNews.com and www.aggiecoach.com that unnamed sources are looking into if Fran actions violated the HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) the thought being since Fran is a state employee and he violated this by releasing medical information, this is grounds for release without a buyout. More to come.

sounds like the alums found a loop hole to get rid of him :)

necks_c/09
09-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by wookinpanub
Totally unacceptable...lhpm what happened?

JR2004
09-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Sweet dreams................ you'll probably be seeing KSU linemen batting and catching passes in your sleep

Yeah I did. :(

DDBooger
09-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
2. McGee was a passing quarterback in high school in a spread offense and is making the adjustment to our current offense and learning and getting better ever day. McGee has 4.4 speed?:confused: :nerd: i need better glasses

big daddy russ
09-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by rancher
I don't know what was in those emails, but on the surface it seems like a crappy way to send him packing.

burnet44
09-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
what happened?
It got deleted it would seem

Old Tiger
09-30-2007, 05:57 PM
2. McGee was a passing quarterback in high school in a spread offense and is making the adjustment to our current offense and learning and getting better ever day. Was McGee hidden by Shipley's great talent? 4.4 speed? I don't know about all that.

IHStangFan
09-30-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Won't they have to actually beat someone other than Baylor? :D :p no...as long as Texas and OU keep losing we'll be alright. :clap:

Old Tiger
09-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
no...as long as Texas and OU keep losing we'll be alright. :clap: The big 12 south is tired of winning so they decided to do a complete 180 and let the north get some publicity to make the conference seem tougher! :D:D

IHStangFan
09-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
The big 12 south is tired of winning so they decided to do a complete 180 and let the north get some publicity to make the conference seem tougher! :D:D LOL...nice

burnet44
09-30-2007, 06:24 PM
the Conference is doing a good job of killing itself
shades of the last years of the SWC

rundoe
09-30-2007, 06:59 PM
no...as long as Texas and OU keep losing we'll be alright. :clap:

Took the words right out of my mouth.......

Phil C
09-30-2007, 08:23 PM
no...as long as Texas and OU keep losing we'll be alright. :clap:

As long as you don't have to play Boise State or USC for the National Championship.

:clap:

;)

Sorry IHS.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-30-2007, 08:28 PM
Was McGee hidden by Shipley's great talent? 4.4 speed? I don't know about all that.

I wish you could have seen the run that he broke off in the first game for 60 yards and dusted everyone on the field.

Old Tiger
09-30-2007, 08:31 PM
I wish you could have seen the run that he broke off in the first game for 60 yards and dusted everyone on the field. Montana State

Just giving perspectives :)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Montana State

Just giving perspectives :)

Yeah, but you couldn't have played for Montana State and neither could a lot of other guys who were fast, just giving perspective.

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
what happened?
If it was okay to be posted, it would still be on the board. :)

DDBooger
09-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Yeah, but you couldn't have played for Montana State and neither could a lot of other guys who were fast, just giving perspective. yeah but thats hardly a qualification for making a visual observation. McGee is fast, 4.4 fast? i have my reservations. tell franchione to run javorskie more, im not a big A&M fan, but he's fun to watch barreling over people

IHStangFan
09-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
As long as you don't have to play Boise State or USC for the National Championship.

:clap:

;)

Sorry IHS. oh no Phil...I'M sorry....you mus think I'm an OU fan, LOL. :clap:

burnet44
09-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
yeah but thats hardly a qualification for making a visual observation. McGee is fast, 4.4 fast? i have my reservations. tell franchione to run javorskie more, im not a big A&M fan, but he's fun to watch barreling over people

if your QB is one of your best RB's put him at RB
the Coeps will get beat if the throwing up game dont improve
but its not like they have a threat at WR
this is the Corps Achilles heel
and
4 road games-PPU-Blow U-Missou-Corn U
I can see Texas and the Corps playing the season ending game
much like Frank and DKR did in DKR's last one

rancher
10-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Just heard from aggieland that the NCAA is now very interested in Fran-Gate. Seems that Fran did not tell them about the money and where it was going. Also heard that recuritment was mentioned in the emails a big No NO according to NCAA rules. More to come.