PDA

View Full Version : Burkburnett is really good

Odis
09-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Comin from an old Iowa park boy like mysef that is quite a compliment. I did a little fancy pants research with this internet thingy and found out that Celina who everyone knows is top-notch year in and out beat Denton Liberty Christian 41-27 ( a 14 point vic). Trinity Christian beat Liberty Christian 24-7 (a 17 point vic). Friday Burk beat Liberty Christian 21-14 (a 7 point vic). They did this while losing three fumbles as well. Is Burk as good as Celina? I don't know, but everybody penciling Graham and Vernon ahead of Burk might oughta rethink.

Signing off from Ol Dixie, everybody's pal - Odis

VWG
09-30-2007, 10:05 AM
I agree, the Bulldogs are a stout team. This district is loaded with Burk, Vernon, and Graham. WF Hirschi has fallen off the map their last two games, getting hammered by Breckenridge and FW Eastern Hills. (and E. Hills had like 100 yards of penalties in that game) I knew Hirschi would be hard pressed to make the playoffs this year after losing Ingram and Berry.
That Oct. 19th district game with Vernon and Burk will be a good one to watch, and Graham and Burk play against each other in the final week of the season.
The Hawks could be a factor if they can get some offensive production during district. That first game of district for the Hawks against Burk will be a good measuring stick as to how well the single wing has come around. You know Burk will try and push the Hawks around with their option ground attack.

necks_c/09
09-30-2007, 10:47 AM
You cant base your thoughts on scores like that....

scores are inflated and sometimes its not near as bad as the actual game.....

Team a beat team b by 60 points and they beat team c by 30 so that means team a will beat team c by 90 kinda thing has no relevance.....

GreenMonster
09-30-2007, 10:50 AM
VWG, the single wing is now on the cutting room floor. IP went back to their standard double wing a couple of weeks ago against Gainesville and are 2 and 0 running old faithful.

VWG
09-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
VWG, the single wing is now on the cutting room floor. IP went back to their standard double wing a couple of weeks ago against Gainesville and are 2 and 0 running old faithful.

My bad. Is too-tall West at QB?

Cameron Crazy
09-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Burk is not near as good as celina, enough said.

westcoast54
09-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Don't count anyone in 6AAA out.

PlayaJBiehl20
09-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
You cant base your thoughts on scores like that....

scores are inflated and sometimes its not near as bad as the actual game.....

Team a beat team b by 60 points and they beat team c by 30 so that means team a will beat team c by 90 kinda thing has no relevance.....

Ya you really can't base how good a team is, by a team that beat a team that got beat by a team.