PDA

View Full Version : Now do you think McCoy is over rated?

KTA
09-29-2007, 06:46 PM
After todays performance do you think Colt is over rated?

Chris Simms #2

JJ7997
09-29-2007, 06:52 PM
He may be overrated but not so bad that he should even be compared to that joke Simms.

TheDOCTORdre
09-29-2007, 06:55 PM
calling him Simms #2 is harsh, because Simms cost the horns a chance at going to the NC, but in all reality the Horns werent goin to the NC anwayz cuz the RRS was gonna be bad for the horns. But to answer the ? ya McCoy is over rated, Ive always thought that and so did most people they just couldnt speak up last year cuz in all reality who was going to be the starter, but this year we got a viable backup who could win some games for the horns

JR2004
09-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
He may be overrated but not so bad that he should even be compared to that joke Simms.

Nothing is worse than Chris Simms. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. That joker was laughing on the sidelines in the first half of that loss to Colorado in the Big XII title game. I think he had just thrown INT number 3 or 4 and the fool was laughing. Seeing him do that made me feel zero sympathy for him when he got injured and Major had to come in and almost bail the team out of the giant hole he put them in.

Please don't put Colt in Simms category. Simms should have his own wing when it comes to being overhyped.

KTA
09-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Ok Chris Simms 1.5:evil:

KTA
09-29-2007, 07:10 PM
oh yeah, and for everybody who has like 3 or 4 extra names, please dont use those to swing the vote one way or the other

TheDOCTORdre
09-29-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Ok Chris Simms 1.5:evil:

now if he loses to OU and A&M then we cant look to upgrade him

R3Editor
09-29-2007, 07:12 PM
Where is the "WHO CARES" option? :)

KTA
09-29-2007, 07:21 PM
why upgrade, id rather just replace to Chiles 7.0

rockdale80
09-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Still dont think he is over rated. I never thought he was a prophet. He is a decent QB on a team in turmoil. I am not a big McCoy fan, never have been, but I still think overrated is the wrong term.

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Frankly, I think the Longhorns as a team have been overrated. Too many players have been out for various reasons. Sure McCoy threw 4 interceptions. I watched Applewhite stink it up some, then Chrissy came in to "save the day". Before long, Major was doing the saving. It seems that people expect Colt to be the next Vince Young. Guess what! It won't happen! He can only be the player HE is. The only way a QB can develop is to be on the field. Players have bad games, right? I'm fairly certain they do, even at the professional level.

slpybear the bullfan
09-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Colt AND the Horns have been overrated all year long...

Just like the SOOONERS and AGS.

gato 76
09-29-2007, 07:45 PM
No he is not overrated,i think the play calling is horrible throw the ball down field they are playing timid football on offense vince young is gone forget him you got some talent on offense use them.

DOS EQUIS
09-29-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Nothing is worse than Chris Simms. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. That joker was laughing on the sidelines in the first half of that loss to Colorado in the Big XII title game. I think he had just thrown INT number 3 or 4 and the fool was laughing. Seeing him do that made me feel zero sympathy for him when he got injured and Major had to come in and almost bail the team out of the giant hole he put them in.

Please don't put Colt in Simms category. Simms should have his own wing when it comes to being overhyped.

I remember that game. It sucked. Saw Simms and Major get slapped around. Colorado cheerleaders looked great though. Got some great seats. Cool story on how I got em, but it is not suitable for this forum

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by DOS EQUIS
I remember that game. It sucked. Saw Simms and Major get slapped around. Colorado cheerleaders looked great though.
Heck, I think the Colorado cheerleaders could've suited up that day and picked off Chrissy. :D

neck_06
09-29-2007, 08:19 PM
i do think that he is a little overrated, but i also think that he played tough today.....had some tipped balls that went against him, the line didn't really give him much help and he got beat on, but he kept getting up....kinda like the guy we got over here in the station. Colt McCoy gained my respect today even if they did get blasted.

KTA
09-29-2007, 10:09 PM
it irritates me when people blame the int part on davis, yes davis sucks, but he doesnt go out there and throw the ball for them (colt)

rundoe
09-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by DOS EQUIS
I remember that game. It sucked. Saw Simms and Major get slapped around. Colorado cheerleaders looked great though. Got some great seats. Cool story on how I got em, but it is not suitable for this forum

Probably be more interesting though.:devil:

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by KTA
it irritates me when people blame the int part on davis, yes davis sucks, but he doesnt go out there and throw the ball for them (colt)
Davis also isn't supposed to CATCH the balls (hint - receivers). Get out there and do it on that level, then criticize. JMO..... :)

Big Papa
09-29-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by KTA
of course davis doesnt get out that and throw the ball...but he does call the plays...and with all the short passes that are called there is a greater chance for the ball to get tipped at the line...now if you just think about it a shorter route causes the ball to be thrown lower...i would think that would be how it goes anyways

Cameron Crazy
09-29-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by KTA
it irritates me when people blame the int part on davis, yes davis sucks, but he doesnt go out there and throw the ball for them (colt) Do you really hate colt? seriously. this is getting rediculous! Could you do a better job?

pirate4state
09-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by KTA
oh yeah, and for everybody who has like 3 or 4 extra names, please dont use those to swing the vote one way or the other

LMAO like it really matters ROFL

KTA
09-30-2007, 12:23 AM
Do you really hate colt? seriously. this is getting rediculous! Could you do a better job?

This coming from Colts lil bros best friend. Look there is 27 other people who agree with me so excuse me for voicing my opinion on a open message forum. I dont hate Colt, where have you ever seen me post where I ever said I hate Colt? I just think John Chiles is the answer in the long run.

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2007, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by KTA
This coming from Colts lil bros best friend. Look there is 27 other people who agree with me so excuse me for voicing my opinion on a open message forum. I dont hate Colt, where have you ever seen me post where I ever said I hate Colt? I just think John Chiles is the answer in the long run.
And the UT coaching staff seems to think differently. :)

KTA
09-30-2007, 12:26 AM
LMAO like it really matters ROFL

just like your opinion!!! what a coincidence:clap:

KTA
09-30-2007, 12:27 AM
And the UT coaching staff seems to think differently.

For now, lets see how long this lasts

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2007, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by KTA
And yours

KTA
09-30-2007, 12:32 AM
and mine is the shizzznittle:p

pirate4state
09-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by KTA

Your opinion although interesting is irrelevant

that's the shirt I was wearing the day I met you :p :p :p

KTA
09-30-2007, 12:50 AM
Your opinion although interesting is irrelevant

Ive been right alot here lately, but nobody wants to recognize that

that's the shirt I was wearing the day I met you

The 1st sign of the apocalypse

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2007, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by KTA
Ive been right alot here lately, but nobody wants to recognize that

Or maybe some of us just don't care whether he is or isn't.... :p

KTA
09-30-2007, 12:57 AM
Or maybe some of us just don't care whether he is or isn't....

Exactly, when im right yall really dont have nothing to say but to jump on my case for other reasons bet the reason at hand. and when im wrong, well that hasnt happend yet

KTA
09-30-2007, 12:58 AM
Yes 28 62.22%
No 17 37.78%

KTA
09-30-2007, 12:58 AM
those 28 other people must be idiots just like me :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2007, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by KTA
Exactly, when im right yall really dont have nothing to say but to jump on my case for other reasons bet the reason at hand. and when im wrong, well that hasnt happend yet
No honestly.....I couldn't care less. I'm not a UT fan, never have been and never will be. :)

TexanAlum_06
09-30-2007, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by KTA
I just think John Chiles is the answer in the long run.

That thought crossed my mind when John Chiles entered the game against Rice. and if it doesnt happen this year, I wouldnt be surprised to see John Chiles take over next year. I like colt, he is a good kid as mack would say but whoever gives us a chance at winning the most ball games is who shoul be in there, and the best players should be on the field regardless of what their status is and if the head coach has a soft spot for them, thats how it is.But it will take a lot of bad play form colt on the field for mack to bench him... because there is too much loyalty with the older players. Mack tends to forget that The best players should be on the field (see the turmoil in our linebackin corp). everybody and there dog knows Muckelroy, Norton and Kindle(when healthy) should be starting but there is loyalty to the other guys, which I wont pity them if they all get benched, they should have either worked harder in the offseason or pull their heads out of their arses and start playin. but they will contiue to start and be a non factor on our struggling defense. but the only thing I see a problem with Chiles is that we have no idea what his arm is like. I will say another thing, with franchione likely getting desperate, if mcgee struggles at all with passing the ball if they decide to incorporate it in the offense more,and if Jerrod Johnson comes in a game ( which he already did against Miami )and becomes a hero... then look out... that could be a story to keep track of, if not this year then maybe next. dont forget, The most popular man on Campus is the 2nd string QB.

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2007, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
dont forget, The most popular man on Campus is the 2nd string QB.
It has been that way for awhile. :) Simms was the popular one at one time, too.

JR2004
09-30-2007, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Mack tends to forget that The best players should be on the field (see the turmoil in our linebackin corp).

I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing this about the linebackers. Seeing Scott Derry out there drives that point home. He should be a back-up and a special teams guy and nothing more. Really baffles me as to what he's doing to get the starting nod each week.

JR2004
09-30-2007, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It has been that way for awhile. :) Simms was the popular one at one time, too.

I don't think Simms was ever popular. He might've been the only unpopular back-up QB in college football history. He just never did fit in down in Austin at all.

Bull Butter
09-30-2007, 02:01 AM
Did anyone think Colt was overrated last year when he was putting up outstanding numbers and Texas was winning game after game until he got hurt?

big daddy russ
09-30-2007, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Did anyone think Colt was overrated last year when he was putting up outstanding numbers and Texas was winning game after game until he got hurt?
Sorry Bull, but I'm gonna have to buck the trend here. I never thought McCoy was overrated last year. I think his level of play definitely dropped after the KSU game, but he was MUCH better than they cracked him up to be. And they didn't crack him up to be much in the first place.

He got banged around a lot and hasn't looked the same since. Seems like one of those Jack Youngblood-type of players. His leg may be broken, but he'll be damned if they're going to replace him in the lineup for the playoffs and Superbowl. He's not as fiery as McGee when it comes to getting out there, but you can tell that he wants the coaching staff to know that he won't be out of the game too long.

I think what happened was that he was extremely underrated last year through the KSU game, then he took a few shots and began playing poorly, then the season ended. After the season ended and all the pundits had a chance to sit back, let it all digest, look back over the stats, and reevaluate everything, McCoy started to become slightly (and only slightly) overrated.

So is he overrated? Depends on what you think of him. If you think of him as a QB who's gutty as hell, leaves nothing behind, is a hell of a passer and halfway decent running around, but isn't the next coming of Vince Young, then you're on the right track. If you think of him as the guy who needs to step into Vince's shoes and do the things he did, you're going to be disappointed.

If you Longhorn fans really want to get rid of him, I have an outstanding trade for you. Brandon Cox for McCoy straight up. Cox ran a 4.6 in high school and was an Elite 11, high-four-star QB coming out of high school. I'd be happy to take McCoy off your hands.

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2007, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
If you think of him as the guy who needs to step into Vince's shoes and do the things he did, you're going to be disappointed.

There is the problem, from what I see. That is what's expected.

necks_c/09
09-30-2007, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by KTA
Exactly, when im right yall really dont have nothing to say but to jump on my case for other reasons bet the reason at hand. and when im wrong, well that hasnt happend yet im in this situation quite a bit myself

:D

Ranger Mom
09-30-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by KTA

Now now!! There was that one little thing you thought to be right on and you were finally convinced you weren't!!

Remember???:p :p

awizzy
09-30-2007, 09:53 AM
the kid has one bad game and everyone is ready to put him on the side lines it was not all his fault...he never had much time, he got his ass knocked on the ground every other play, but he still made mistakes...is he overated? maybe is the whole team overated? id say so

necks_c/09
09-30-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by awizzy
the kid has one bad game and everyone is ready to put him on the side lines it was not all his fault...he never had much time, he got his ass knocked on the ground every other play, but he still made mistakes...is he overated? maybe is the whole team overated? id say so I think this is a concise version of exactly what i said.....

its the truth:)

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2007, 10:00 AM
the kid has one bad game and everyone is ready to put him on the side lines it was not all his fault...he never had much time, he got his ass knocked on the ground every other play, but he still made mistakes...is he overated? maybe is the whole team overated? id say so
Thank you!!!!! I'm glad to know I'm not the only person with this thinking. :)

pirate4state
09-30-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Now now!! There was that one little thing you thought to be right on and you were finally convinced you weren't!!

Remember???:p :p

:clap: Thank you!

awizzy
09-30-2007, 10:46 AM
Thank you!!!!! I'm glad to know I'm not the only person with this thinking. :)
i got your back;)

HTripleC13
09-30-2007, 11:07 AM
I've been posting on here for the longest time that McCoy was overrated, now I've seen the real side of the longhorns, and i know its true. The offensive line was non-existent yesterday, so that can contribute to all the pressure McCoy was getting. But the interceptions off of the tipped passes, those were fundamental problems. If you go back and watch the passes in slow motion, you could see that he was practically on his tip toes trying to throw, he was practically floating the ball. Now is McCoy truly overrated, yes, not because he had some bad games or what not, but because at the beginning of the season every college football magazine or newspaper article talked about the great leadership and ability of Colt McCoy and even some said he would be on the Heisman watch list. Now truthfully ask yourself after the season that he has had so far, Is he overrated, the answer is yes. And for all of those people out there talking about how A&m and OU are overrated, you might be right about the A&M part, but then again we were #20 and lost to an unranked team on the road by 17, not #7 and lost to an unranked team at home by 20. And for OU, how can you call a team overrated that averaged over 50 points a game, lets be real people even the best teams have off days....

necks_c/09
09-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by HTripleC13
I've been posting on here for the longest time that McCoy was overrated, now I've seen the real side of the longhorns, and i know its true. The offensive line was non-existent yesterday, so that can contribute to all the pressure McCoy was getting. But the interceptions off of the tipped passes, those were fundamental problems. If you go back and watch the passes in slow motion, you could see that he was practically on his tip toes trying to throw, he was practically floating the ball. Now is McCoy truly overrated, yes, not because he had some bad games or what not, but because at the beginning of the season every college football magazine or newspaper article talked about the great leadership and ability of Colt McCoy and even some said he would be on the Heisman watch list. Now truthfully ask yourself after the season that he has had so far, Is he overrated, the answer is yes. And for all of those people out there talking about how A&m and OU are overrated, you might be right about the A&M part, but then again we were #20 and lost to an unranked team on the road by 17, not #7 and lost to an unranked team at home by 20. And for OU, how can you call a team overrated that averaged over 50 points a game, lets be real people even the best teams have off days.... all good points...

and dont forget to mention that Miami is much better than ksu....

but i would say that ou is overrated.....

they lost "hello"!!!!!

yea they have bad games and they have good games too....

maybe thats y they averaged 60ppg.....

and colt was a heisman hopeful and he is overrated but so is the whole team and his supporting cast sucks, the situation aint right, greg davis sucks, the D aint helpin any

HTripleC13
09-30-2007, 11:17 AM
My only reason why I still wouldn't say OU is overrated is because the Colorado game was the first game had trouble with, every USC, Florida, LSU all struggled with a game so far.. Ok maybe not ranked #3, but they are atleast in the top 10.. I'm sorry but when the Ags, and Longhorns play OU, there's no telling how ugly it might get. This year the Big 12 is OU and the rest...

Cameron Crazy
09-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by KTA
This coming from Colts lil bros best friend. Look there is 27 other people who agree with me so excuse me for voicing my opinion on a open message forum. I dont hate Colt, where have you ever seen me post where I ever said I hate Colt? I just think John Chiles is the answer in the long run. I'm not saying anything about you voicing your opnion, thats cool. Its just after every game you say how overrated he is. I just do not get it.

big daddy russ
09-30-2007, 11:29 AM
I think this is the biggest problem. They're a team that's pretty good in a lot of areas, but there are very few things they excel at. Just way too many holes.

Their overall D is pushing for mediocrity, the offensive line has been average at best, and the first time a team breaks down their strength on defense (the front seven), they'll be left completely exposed.

I know that goes against the conventional wisdom of attacking a team's weakness (the secondary), but if I were a Longhorn fan, I'd be worried about Allen Patrick, Marlon Lucky, and the A&M running game. Right now, that defense is posting very respectable numbers in stopping the run, but the only running team they've played suffered an almost-complete offensive collapse, especially in the trenches, and a team who can get a successful ground game going takes away their ability to put pressure on an offense and completely exposes that D.

Against teams like OU and Nebraska, that could be more disastrous than the K-State game because both teams have dangerous QBs. A&M, though, may be their biggest matchup nightmare this year and should be their litmus test.

If Fran is smart and begins using JaPorky more often, especially against UT, there's no reason A&M can't successfully run the ball on them (or anyone, for that matter). This is the game where you'll find out what McCoy's made of. He can't afford to simply pace himself here and let the game come to him, he's going to have to jump out to an early double digit lead and take a little pressure off that run D. Otherwise, they play right into A&M's strengths and will have a tough time coming out of College Station with a win.

Now I've only watched two of their games this year start-to-finish (TCU and K-State), but that's what I've taken away from those games. They have the ability to be an explosive offense (the second half of the TCU game) and a pretty good defense (as long as that front seven keeps the pressure turned up), but right now they're a second-tier team.

NDFootball
09-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by KTA
After todays performance do you think Colt is over rated?

Chris Simms #2

Amazing I said this last year and people called me an idiot...who's laughing now :devil:

KTA
09-30-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm not saying anything about you voicing your opnion, thats cool. Its just after every game you say how overrated he is. I just do not get it.

Well look at how he has played, like I said before the only reason he put up numbers the way he did was because we had that great o-line last year. Last year we were pretty much everybody returning beshides VY, now that he doesnt have that great O-line to give him all day to throw. Look at his numbers now they speak for themselves.

KTA
09-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Oh yeah, and I dont appreciate the mods editing my poll!!!! If I wanted that in MY poll which I posted I would of added it!!! Wow you guys are now editing posts that have nothing wrong with them.....appreciate it:mad:

Daddy D 11
09-30-2007, 12:51 PM
greg davis absolutly sucks. if everyone can think back about 4 years, everyone in the state wanted his arse fired! then vince young steps in and his leadership and play making ability over shadows/ takes over the play calling. now that he's gone, we've given davis 2 years to completly screw us over again!

i swear, there isnt a team in the country that attempts more passes with such little YPG in the passsing department.

its ridiculous, i would love to fight the man if i ever see him in public :mad:

just my opinion...

TMer25
09-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
all good points...

and dont forget to mention that Miami is much better than ksu....

but i would say that ou is overrated.....

they lost "hello"!!!!!

yea they have bad games and they have good games too....

maybe thats y they averaged 60ppg.....

and colt was a heisman hopeful and he is overrated but so is the whole team and his supporting cast sucks, the situation aint right, greg davis sucks, the D aint helpin any

The only part I disagree with is I don't think Miami is much better than K State.

JJ7997
09-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Everyone is so occupied with how Blow U lost yesterday that they are forgetting a dangerous team came out and beat them. I wouldnt overlook the Buffs, they showed why yesterday. As far as the South goes, I wont even go there and start talking about all of the possibilities. Even though I hope the Aggies take care of it themselves, who knows what will happen. I just hope it aint Tech, cause I hate Tech.

Ranger Mom
09-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Oh yeah, and I dont appreciate the mods editing my poll!!!! If I wanted that in MY poll which I posted I would of added it!!! Wow you guys are now editing posts that have nothing wrong with them.....appreciate it:mad:

There you go "lumping" again! Ironically enough, that was exactly what my post about you being "wrong that once" was about!!:)

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Boo hoo......happy now?

Ranger Mom
09-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Boo hoo......happy now?

Remember back in the old days when we were allowed to have fun on here too....and we could edit polls and everyone enjoyed them and nobody got bootyhurt about it??

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2007, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Remember back in the old days when we were allowed to have fun on here too....and we could edit polls and everyone enjoyed them and nobody got bootyhurt about it??
LOL! I do! :) I also remember the time there was a "Ranger Mom Option" added to one. :D

(I think there was bootyhurt going on that time, too. ;) )

pirate4state
09-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by KTA

we don't appreciate alot of YOU not following the rules

Ranger Mom
09-30-2007, 01:42 PM
LOL! I do! :) I also remember the time there was a "Ranger Mom Option" added to one. :D

(I think there was bootyhurt going on that time, too. ;) )

Haha!! I remember that!!

I just don't remember what the poll was about!!:D

sinton66
09-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by HTripleC13
And for OU, how can you call a team overrated that averaged over 50 points a game, lets be real people even the best teams have off days....

Funny how this steatement of yours can apply to OU but not the Longhorns. I guess the Horns aren't allowed to have a bad game?

HTripleC13
09-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Funny how this steatement of yours can apply to OU but not the Longhorns. I guess the Horns aren't allowed to have a bad game?
This statement can apply to OU because they have beaten their opponents, not including Colorado, 246 to 47! That means they have scored 246 points while only giving up 47, while the horns have scored 148 and given up 72, excluding the loss yesterday. Yes OU can have an off day because they have blown everyone out, while TEXAS STRUGGLES to put points on the board against Arkansas St., Central Florida. A team can have an off day and lose and OR WIN by 3 (i.e. Colorado over OU, or Texas pulling it out against Central Florida). But sometimes a team finds out that maybe they aren't as good as everyone thinks (i.e K ST over UT, or Miami over A&M) To try to apply my statement about a team having an off day to yesterdays game would be a stretch, they have clearly proven by the year they have had so far that they didn't have an off day, they just aren't as good as everyone thinks....

IHStangFan
09-30-2007, 06:40 PM
I've ALWAYS thought he was over-rated. I love it when you hear "yeah..but before he got hurt he was dominating the opposing D's last year" ....those opposing Ds were Rice, Sam Houston State, North Texas, etc. LOL.