PDA

View Full Version : Burnet 34-Wimberley 0

Chris Hart
10-24-2003, 10:51 PM
Wimberley came in with a good scheme which kept the Burnet passing game off balance. The Texans chose to double Shipley and Warner, so RB Chris Levens had a big night with close to 200 yds. on the ground. Well Burnet fans these refs were just as bad as the ones we have had in the past in Wimberley. Burnet converted a 3rd and 34, penalty, converted again, penalty, converted again, penalty, converted again penalty converted again only to fumble inside the Texan 5 yd. line a few plays later. The Burnet offensive line got some much needed work against all kinds of defensive schemes tonight. It will pay dividends later in the season. Shipley was hobbled, but returned to the game. I think Burnet coud've ran the ball all night, but continued to try the passing attack with limited success. Great game by the defense, their 5th shutout of the year. My gameball goes to Chris Levens on his huge performance tonight. Way to fight hard Wimberley, we'll see you next year. Way to go DAWGS!

29x281
10-24-2003, 10:57 PM
I don't know that the refs were that bad. Burnet did actually commit most of those penalties, and it is the refs job to throw the flags when such things happen.

Wimberley said, "Let's see if Levens can beat us." Levens went 20 for 203 and 2 TDs w/no fumbles.

Burnet Defense continues to play consistently excellent football.

pirateman98
10-24-2003, 11:12 PM
Good Job Burnet!! Keep up the good work. Remember I am pulling for you guys!!

BurnetBandRules
10-24-2003, 11:33 PM
Yeah, Burnet did good tonight. I do believe that the defense on Wimberly's part was pretty good. They game with a good game plan ans obviously showed us that they learned from other teams mistakes! I do feel that the ref's were once again harsh on alot of their calls granted a few WERE committed on our part, but, good job anaways! Next up, INGRAM!

PAINTBALL
10-24-2003, 11:37 PM
Good game plan by the Wimberley coaches. Each week I'm impressed with the quality of the 25 3A teams. They are all as good if not better then our predistict competition. That includes Marlin, Gatesville, and Reagon. I look for our 2 Div. 2 schools to do good in the playoffs again,

Great game Burnet. Wimberley gave us the run and Levens said thankyou. Good game Chris.

I can't say enough about the Defense. You guys play as a team and it's obvious you are having a blast on the field. Being able to play great football and have fun is what it's all about

WAY TO GO BURNET BULLDOGS.

The Guru
10-25-2003, 12:22 AM
Like I said, Burnet tries to do what the other team is trying to stop. Wimberley was dead set on stopping the pass, yet Burnet continued to work on their passing game. They use the run enough to win the game, and that's it. I'm sure the coaches are pleased with the teams performance. They got some good work tonight for the passing game. It must be nice when your defense is so good that you can literally work on various aspects of your offense.

bulldogvet85
10-25-2003, 12:24 AM
yeah the wimberley texans came out and stuck it to them in the first 20 mins of play the only bad part was the held them for 3 downs on the goal line and couldnt stop them on the fourth. I thought the game should have been alot closer than it was. They should have kept the pressure on McGee all night but they let off from time to time. They showed something in McGee though in the begining they showed that McGee had a little bit of problems getting rid of the ball under pressure I dont know how many times he was sacked tonight but it was prolly around 4 to 5. maybe someone can help me out on that? I liked what i saw in the wimberley defense it was good they really had a chance I think they were just woren down by a better burnet team. OK as far as the refs not there fault really I think the refs were pretty decent as in most games. hey when you get a penalty 3 to 4 times and you have 34 yards to go and you cant stop them theres a problem with your defense and or the offense is just that damn good. another thing I think burnet proved tonight is that they have more people they can rely on besides shipley like i have been saying for a while they came with a really good run game.

The Guru
10-25-2003, 12:31 AM
Guys, I'm telling y'all, Burnet is merely using these games as a tune up for the playoffs. Burnet could have run all night on Wimberley, and Wimberley would have had to commit more guys to stopping the run, which would have opened up the pass. But Burnet needs the work. This will all be beneficial in their state run.

3afan2K3
10-25-2003, 12:33 AM
The Guru:
Guys, I'm telling y'all, Burnet is merely using these games as a tune up for the playoffs. Burnet could have run all night on Wimberley, and Wimberley would have had to commit more guys to stopping the run, which would have opened up the pass. But Burnet needs the work. This will all be beneficial in their state run.This will be the same for Forney on their run/pass to state

thunder
10-25-2003, 08:42 AM
Good job burnet.

PAINTBALL
10-25-2003, 09:47 AM
It just dawned on me that I don't remember a single penetration by Wimberley, and that was even with Shipley refusing to punt and giving Wimberley great field position all night. Did I miss one, or did our defense do that good of a job.

Chris Hart
10-25-2003, 10:43 AM
Paintball, I surely don't remember any Wimberley penetrations. For that matter I don't remember em crossing the 50, even after taking over on their 40 a few times. I could be having a memory lapse, but I can't remember them crossing the 50, I could have missed it though.

PAINTBALL
10-25-2003, 10:55 AM
Chris Hart:
Paintball, I surely don't remember any Wimberley penetrations. For that matter I don't remember em crossing the 50, even after taking over on their 40 a few times. I could be having a memory lapse, but I can't remember them crossing the 50, I could have missed it though.I remember them getting the ball one time when Shipley refused to punt on our own 47, but I don't remember what happened with that possession. I think Burnet pushed them back to their own side of the field and Wimberley punted the ball back to us.

HotDawg89
10-25-2003, 11:23 AM
Chris, the series you are talking about with the penalties ticked me off too, but for the most part, the refs weren't bad. The only thing that REALLY steamed me up with the refs is what led up to that series... when #9 from Wimberley pinned down Cody Warner, and started throwing punches at him while he was down. :mad: Cody came up ready to fight, and #9 is very LUCKY that there were some people there to stop him. eek! I think Cody could have taken him easily. I thought McGee was going to kick that guys rear and one of the coaches had to pull him back- then it got steamed up. The refs NEVER even saw it, that is what all the boos were about, and then the series happened, so it just really inflamed the crowd. Boys and their tempers... kind of makes me wonder what Cody said... :D

HotDawg89
10-25-2003, 11:26 AM
Oh yeah, it was very nice to see Burnet win a game the old fashioned way... working for it. Good job Wimberley. Your defensive strategy was great, and I think that your coach came into this knowing exactly what to do- he just hadn't planned on such a strong running game from Burnet. I'm glad to see that Burnet can win games running the ball, and doesn't have to depend on McGee's strong arm all the time. VERY exciting game, I had a great time. Best one of the season so far.

olddawggreen
10-25-2003, 11:28 AM
PAINTBALL:
Good game plan by the Wimberley coaches. Each week I'm impressed with the quality of the 25 3A teams. They are all as good if not better then our predistict competition. That includes Marlin, Gatesville, and Reagon. I look for our 2 Div. 2 schools to do good in the playoffs again,

Great game Burnet. Wimberley gave us the run and Levens said thankyou. Good game Chris.

I can't say enough about the Defense. You guys play as a team and it's obvious you are having a blast on the field. Being able to play great football and have fun is what it's all about

WAY TO GO BURNET BULLDOGS.Paintball, your son had a great game too. Congratulations!

PAINTBALL
10-25-2003, 11:46 AM
olddawggreen:

PAINTBALL:

WAY TO GO BURNET BULLDOGS.Paintball, your son had a great game too. Congratulations!I guess you figured me out. I'm still not sure who you are. Why don't you give me a hint.

beefy
10-25-2003, 08:43 PM
The Wimberley game was very exciting. The Texans had a good defensive plan to get pressure. They had actually 3 sacks. They brought pressure from different places each snap. I thought the offense ran well considering the Texan defense looked like a chinese fire drill before the snap. The kids are getting better each week and I can't wait till next Friday. The defense is playing incredibily well right now. My hat is off to Coach Clark and the rest of the defensive staff. They have those kids in position to make plays on every snap. Burnet is rolling right now and things are about to get really exciting. Next week they have a much improved Ingram team and then the showdown with Liberty Hill.

On a different note I have to say that district 24AAA has really come a long way in their coaching over the last 5 years. In years past they would have been content to bang away at each other until the last man standeth. It seems that offensive coaching philosophy is moving towards a more wide open match up scheme (exception is liberty hill and Bandera). I think it provides the spectator with a much more entertaining game as well as limits the bumps and bruises of 3 yards and a cloud of dust. I'm just wondering how much influence the bulldogs have had on other staffs in the district.

I know that Wimberley, Llano, and Bandera have been banging away but when they play other district teams they seem to open things up a little more. I believe this is a clock management tool in order to shorten games and keep Burnet's offense on the sidelines. What do ya'll think?

b-townhottie06
10-25-2003, 11:13 PM
HEY! I have to agree with HotDawg! Its about time we had to FIGHT for the win. Im not saying i want ALL games to be like that but its about time we actually had to WORRY about the game(NO OFFENSE TO THE PAST TEAMS AT ALL)

WAY TO GO DEFENSIVE LINE AT WIMBERLY. YALL ARE GOOD! This has to be the best game all season(along with Llano) i like the games where i actually have to consitently(cant spell that word) WATCH it! Good Half Show as well! I think alot of Burnet people might agree with me on this one: but are one of our biggest supporters! Thanks!
GOOD LUCK AT YALLS NEXT GAMES! Hope Yall WIN BIG!

The Guru
10-26-2003, 12:05 PM
Consistently

b-townhottie06
10-26-2003, 03:46 PM
SORRY! I didn't know how to spell it!

Constantly* I THINK! But i bet yall know what i am talking about!

olddawggreen
10-26-2003, 08:41 PM
PAINTBALL:

olddawggreen:

PAINTBALL:

WAY TO GO BURNET BULLDOGS.Paintball, your son had a great game too. Congratulations!I guess you figured me out. I'm still not sure who you are. Why don't you give me a hint.Well, Ive seen your son play paintball, baseball and football. :cool: :cool: