2. Sweeny (0-1)
2. Wharton (0-1)

Next Week:

Needville @ Sweeny
Columbia @ Stafford
Sealy @ Columbus
Brookshire Royal @ Wharton

Correct me if im wrong on any of this.

Predictions, insight, and final standings please.

necks_c/09
09-29-2007, 09:20 PM

neck_06
09-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Before I get into the picks, I would like to give my outlook on the district this year. In my eyes the district as a whole is down this year and there is no clear cut favorite as there has been in years past with Columbia and Sweeny. Up until last Friday I would have said that Needville was the favorite, but now its a toss up. I expect the playoff race to come right down to the last week and I wouldn't be suprised to see 5 or 6 teams still in the mix come the last 2 weeks of the season. All that said, here are the picks.

Neck_06's Picks

Needville @ Sweeny
Big game year in and year out, even bigger this year because the loser slips down to 0-2 in district play. Sweeny usually plays well at home, but the Jays will be hungry after a suprising loss to Columbus. Needville by 14.

Columbia @ Stafford
Both of these teams are a little down this year, but that doesn't mean that either one has given up on the season...Columbia is coming off a big win (its first of the year) over rival Sweeny while Stafford might have lost its only chance for a district win this year by losing to Brookshire. I think Stafford will keep it close at home, but the Necks pull away late and jump up to 2-0 in district play. Columbia by 17

Sealy @ Columbus
Both of theses teams are coming off huge wins as far as the playoff races are concerned (even though it was just week 1). I'm pretty sure the only people who expected Columbus to beat Needville were the 40 or so players and coaches on the field...that said, I think that the Cardinals have turned some heads and will be looking to do the same this week.....I'm going to go ahead and make a playoff prediction right now...the loser of this game WILL NOT make the playoffs. Columbus by 7

Wharton is down this year (along with the rest of the district) and are coming off a disappointing loss to Sealy. Brookshire on the other hand is coming off a win and is looking to get things rolling. Do I think Brookshire will make the playoffs? No. Do I think that last week will be their last district win? No. Do I think they will win this week? (going against my gut) No. Wharton by 10

burnet44
09-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
Before I get into the picks, I would like to give my outlook on the district this year. In my eyes the district as a whole is down this year and there is no clear cut favorite as there has been in years past with Columbia and Sweeny. Up until last Friday I would have said that Needville was the favorite, but now its a toss up. I expect the playoff race to come right down to the last week and I wouldn't be suprised to see 5 or 6 teams still in the mix come the last 2 weeks of the season. All that said, here are the picks.

Neck_06's Picks

Needville @ Sweeny
Big game year in and year out, even bigger this year because the loser slips down to 0-2 in district play. Sweeny usually plays well at home, but the Jays will be hungry after a suprising loss to Columbus. Needville by 14.

Columbia @ Stafford
Both of these teams are a little down this year, but that doesn't mean that either one has given up on the season...Columbia is coming off a big win (its first of the year) over rival Sweeny while Stafford might have lost its only chance for a district win this year by losing to Brookshire. I think Stafford will keep it close at home, but the Necks pull away late and jump up to 2-0 in district play. Columbia by 17

Sealy @ Columbus
Both of theses teams are coming off huge wins as far as the playoff races are concerned (even though it was just week 1). I'm pretty sure the only people who expected Columbus to beat Needville were the 40 or so players and coaches on the field...that said, I think that the Cardinals have turned some heads and will be looking to do the same this week.....I'm going to go ahead and make a playoff prediction right now...the loser of this game WILL NOT make the playoffs. Columbus by 7

Wharton is down this year (along with the rest of the district) and are coming off a disappointing loss to Sealy. Brookshire on the other hand is coming off a win and is looking to get things rolling. Do I think Brookshire will make the playoffs? No. Do I think that last week will be their last district win? No. Do I think they will win this week? (going against my gut) No. Wharton by 10

good post
an actual fb one
good job

necks_c/09
09-30-2007, 09:30 AM
This from the R 3 page

Brookshire Royal Falcons Coach: Jose Martinez (426.5 enrollment)
R/L 12/8, Starters O/D 4/5, 2006 record 3-7, 2-5 District.

Columbia Roughnecks Coach: Leland Surovik (833.5 enrollment)
R/L 15/22, Starters O/D 2/3, 2006 record 8-5, 5-2 District, DI Quarterfinalist.

Needville Blue Jays Coach: Ryan Roark (790.5 enrollment)
R/L 24/16, Starters O/D 7/7, 2006 record 7-3, 4-3 District.

Stafford Spartans Coach: Henry Coleman (825 enrollment)
R/L 19/24, Starters O/D 2/7, 2006 record 1-9, 1-6 District.

Sealy Tigers Coach: Jimmie Mitchell (732 enrollment)
2006 record 2-8, 1-4 District.

Sweeny Bulldogs Coach: Tommy Zajicek (636 enrollment)
R 24, Starters O/D 4/8, 2006 record 10-3, 7-0 District, DII Regional finalist.

Wharton Tigers Coach: Gary Van Sant (636 enrollment)
R/L 18/9, Starters O/D 6/8, 2006 record 7-4, 6-1 District, DII Bi-District finalist.

DCTF 2007 Ranking:
1.) Needville (3-1)
2.) Sweeny (2-2)
3.) Wharton (0-4)
4.) Columbia (1-3)
5.) Sealy (2-2)
6.) Columbus (4-0)
7.) Brookshire Royal (3-1)
8.) Stafford (0-4)

3ADL Projected finish:
1.) Wharton (0-4)
2.) Needville (3-1)
3.) Sweeny (2-2)
4.) Columbia (1-3)
5.) Brookshire Royal (3-1)
6.) Columbus (4-0)
7.) Sealy (2-2)
8.) Stafford (0-4)

District Preview by IHStangFan
1. Needville
Needville returns a stable of talent. FB Thaddeus Wilkerson finished up the 2006 season w/ 1725yds w/ 22TDs. RB Kobie Hajdik was 2000yd rusher on the undefeated Freshman team last year. Needville's D is quick to the ball and fairly stout. They are favored to win the district and make a run in the playoffs.

2. Sweeny
Sweeny was the district champ in 2006 led by their "jack of all trades" Tank Carder who is a freshman LB at TCU this fall. With the loss of Carder many feel Sweeny will not have the explosiveness of a year ago. Look for them to still make some noise in D24.

3. Wharton
Wharton was tough in district last year behind the play of their stud QB Joel Ainsley. Look for them to step up their game w/ the return of WR Jordan Jones back in the mix who sat out most of last season w/ injury. The question is do the Tigers have someone to get their stud WR the ball? Wharton is never down long and can play spoiler for many of the "better" teams in the district.

4. Columbia
The Roughnecks lost stud RB Jared Flannel to graduation (and Texas Tech) They are a young team this year and more than likely will spend the next year or so rebuilding. The Roughnecks won't be down long though. They never are. They could still cause some ripples in district but don't look for them to win it outright.

5. Sealy
The Tigers start this season off w/ a new coach. Jimmie Mitchell, ex-Sinton coach, brings a new system and new hope to the Tigers' locker room. Sealy returns all-district LB Chase Parchman, RB Freddie Harrison and QB Brett Reichardt among others. The Tigers look to improve on last year's performance w/ experience and a new coach/system.

6. Columbus
Columbus is the "WHOA, where did that come from" story so far this year in District 24-3A. They are 3-0 and is an impressive way for the Cardinals to start out. It has the district buzzing. Columbus is going to shake things up this year and possibly give the early district favorite Needville some competition.

7. Brookshire Royal
Look for the Falcons to be improved from last year. They are said to have good size up front. The lettermen they did return should be key and they should have more success moving the football than last year. Also, look for the D to be a little more stout. Could the Falcons play spoiler to some unfortunate team that overlooks them?

Wheres the stafford outlook?

and i didnt realize that we return the least players form last year?

good info:clap:

R3Editor
09-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
Wheres the stafford outlook?

It "was" there until this morning, but characters are limited on the page. With 8 teams, there's lots of info, so # 8 was the first choice to go.

I noticed that the DCTF info on Columbus was missing. :doh: I'll get that up later today. Silly mods..... :p

IHStangFan
09-30-2007, 03:49 PM
great post 09. That's what I'm talkin bout boy!!

Here is my writeup on Stafford from the D24 preview:

8. Stafford Spartans; 0-2:
Coach- Henry Coleman
Returning Starters: O:2/D:7
2006 Record: 1-9 (District 1-6)

The Spartans, known for their basketball prowess much more than their football are winless so far this season. One loss handed to them by state ranked Cuero (61-3) and this latest loss by Liberty. (Not to be confused w/ Liberty Hill) The Spartans are a young team on offense and their D, while a bit more experienced than the O, is a bit suspect. Early on, it looks as if the Spartans will be without a playoff spot again this year. Anything can happen though!

Predictions for this week:

Needville @ Sweeny: I'll take Needville by 14...they will be hungry and have something to prove.

Columbia @ Stafford: Columbia will roll and begin getting into their groove this week. Columbia by at least 21.

Sealy @ Columbus: Sealy is showing improvement every week and is a bit of a surprise...but Columbus is an even bigger surprise and will be too much for the Tigers. Columbus by 17.

Brookshire @ Wharton: Brookshire is flying under many peoples' radar this season, they are improved and I look for them to pull off the "upset" against a depleted and struggling Wharton team. Brookshire by 6.

neck_06
09-30-2007, 06:43 PM
ttt

carter08
09-30-2007, 07:21 PM
Needville @ Sweeny: Should be a hard fought game. Sweeny is down this year, so I think Needville will pull away late.

Dogs 14 jays 31

Columbia @ Stafford: It's Stafford. 'Nuff Said.

Necks 38 Spartans 6

Sealy @ Columbus: Columbus is the biggest surprise in the district.

Sealy 17 Columbus 33

Brookshire @ Wharton: I like Brookshire. Wharton's struggling. Might be close, but Royal wins.

Brookshire 21 Wharton 13

themsu97
09-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Sweeny and Needville will be closer than that... both teams are fighting for their playoff lives in week 2 of district... loser could be out... that would be tough...

necks_c/09
09-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
Sweeny and Needville will be closer than that... both teams are fighting for their playoff lives in week 2 of district... loser could be out... that would be tough... Needville is MUCH better than Sweeny...

If the game is played fairly clean, needville will roll

31-10 jays

fireman1
09-30-2007, 09:29 PM
I hate to say it but Wharton is 0-4 something is going wrong this year and if we dont watchout we may go 0-10 and Coach Vanzant (might) be out of the job next year. Correct me if Im wrong but I dont think Wharton has EVER had an 0-10 record but if there is a year for it to happen this may be the year. dont get me wrong I will still back my fellow Tigers and I dont think that this will happen but as of now this is how I feel :( so that means that Friday the Tigers have to come out playing Tiger football and leave it out on the field but on a brighter note Wharton didnt get shutout this week so we are making progress haha

necks_c/09
10-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Wharton will beat Stafford

Correction, Wharton should beat stafford

so (1-9) is my prediction for them

but more predictions and insight would be nice peeps:)